1.    #1  
    Ok...it's almost 1am and I may be too tired to think/remember clearly....but...when I'm using a headset (my new Palm Hybrid set with the horrible connector...) - and the phone rings...I don't hear the phone ring in my headset but it rings through the phone's speaker (even though I was listening to MP3's over Pockettunes at the time fine though the headset...).

Is it always like that? Have I just missed it? Any way to get the ring tone to go to the headset? Why am I up at 1am calling myself on my Treo...?
    I think it's like that. But you can use Freedom to pass all audio through the headset.

But then again, it's 4:11am and I, too, could be thinking unclearly.
    Unlocked P1 T650 + 12" Powerbook + Scion xA = Happiness
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    Ok...it's almost 1am and I may be too tired to think/remember clearly....but...when I'm using a headset (my new Palm Hybrid set with the horrible connector...) - and the phone rings...I don't hear the phone ring in my headset but it rings through the phone's speaker (even though I was listening to MP3's over Pockettunes at the time fine though the headset...).

Is it always like that? Have I just missed it? Any way to get the ring tone to go to the headset? Why am I up at 1am calling myself on my Treo...?
    I just purchased the Seido 2-in-1 Headset for Treo 650 and seem to be having the same problem. According to the info given for the headset here on Treocentral the ringtone is supposed to play through the headset. Is this actually working for anyone? Any suggestions or settings that need to be adjusted for this to work?

From the Seido description :

In MP3 Mode:

Listen to MP3 music with crisp, clear sound
    Adjust the MP3 music volume with in-line volume control
    The incoming call ring tone will be played in both ear buds
    Freedom (fixes this huge Palm gap in functionality)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen
    Freedom (fixes this huge Palm gap in functionality)
    The Seido headphones are made specifically to work with the Treo 650 so I don't think an external software fix should be necessary to provide what the description clearly states. Thanks though !

http://store.treocentral.com/content...12-35--156.htm
  6.    #6  
    Steve,

are you having any problem with the connector on the Seido into the Treo? My Palm Hybrid set's connector has a tendency to pop out of the Treo way to easy due to the way it's designed. I would be willing to swap to the Seido if that problem wasnt there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    Steve,

are you having any problem with the connector on the Seido into the Treo? My Palm Hybrid set's connector has a tendency to pop out of the Treo way to easy due to the way it's designed. I would be willing to swap to the Seido if that problem wasnt there.
    Tiffany,

The connector on the Seido fits nice and snug into the Treo. Never had it pop out yet. Just wish I could get the ringtone to come through the headset !
    I think I had read earlier posts where people said the ringtone was coming through their Seido's so i'm not sure what the problem is.
    Only when the ringer switch is off, the ringtone go to the headset.
  9.    #9  
    Steve, thanks for that info - I will get a Seido one then. The palm Hybrid headset is driving me crazy with the connector being so poorly designed it pops out so easily.
    Thanks again.

And actually I like it now that the ringtone comes out the speaker if the ringer switch is on - several times I have left the treo on the table with the headset plugged in and this saved me from missing calls
    Quote Originally Posted by cschin
    Only when the ringer switch is off, the ringtone go to the headset.
    I turned the ringer switch off and you're right, the ringer does come through the headset . Thanks! I thought that the ringer would come through the headset anytime it was plugged in. I guess thats just the way it works although its not documented anywhere.