Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BD1
    I like my bluespoon ax but I can't compare it to the others. The ax works well for me with a very small size.
    I just got the AX too. I haven't used any other headsets so I don't have anything to compare it with. It's really small, good battery life, comfortable, works with glasses/sunglasses (big factor for me) and works like normal around WiFi.
    Headsets with boom microphones are better for reducing feedback. This includes Motorola HS810/850, and Sony HBH300

As for the *****, errr, post of the week....LOL
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! ROTFLOLPIMP! You guys slay me...

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Thank ya... thank ya very much!
    My personal favorite is the Sony Ericsson HBH-660. FYI, the volume between it and the Treo 650 in MUCH louder on the unlocked GSM version than on the Sprint version. Looks like palmOne has finally fixed the bluetooth but it's currently only on the unlocked. Notably, if you go to the support pages, the unlocked GSM does NOT require the bluetooth car patch while all the other versions (Sprint, Cingular, AT&T) do.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  6.    #26  
    After all the hype about the Scala 500 there is almost no one marking it their clear favorite on this thread. Almost everyone seems fairly happy with the Sony-660. I'm glad I thought to bring up this discussion before I bought the Scala.
    I wrote this in another thread, but thought I would add it here as well.

I have decided that I don't really think it matters which is the 'best" headset. I think it is which is the best for "you". From reading all the threads and trying several, it seems to depend upon a great many variables. The Treo is obviously fairly worthless as used with a bluetooth headset the way bluetooth should perform. It seems that the main variable for each person is the environment in which they are going to be using their headset. I may be wrong, but I have tried Scala 500, HS820, BT250, HBH-660, and BlueTrek G2. They all performed pretty close to one another. With the exception of a slight volume difference for those that fit in the ear a little better. They all had static at some time or another. None had the range that a bluetooth device should have. They all seemed to have fairly good voice quality on the other end most of the time. So again, I have drawn my own conclusion that a persons environment has a great deal in determining which bluetooth headset is right for them.

I'm probably wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    I still love the Scala., price does matter on a extra small device which will be easily be left in a restaurant, bench or lunch room. I can buy three Scala’s for the price of the sony.
    I've used a BT200 for a long time but like many can't get it to pair with my T650. I had a HBH-60 and now an HBH-600 and turns out they have NiMH batteries - they die so quickly it's not even funny. SE is gonna replace this one, maybe it won't suck.

Personally, I'm holding out for the BT800. Other than the pairing issue with my T650 my BT200 has been great - I like the look of the BT800 and anything that comes with USB charging is good for me. Not having to carry a bunch of charging adapters with me is great, especially overseas.

(Side not: my laptop only has 2 USB ports. I might start having to carry a powered USB hub just to charge everything at once...:-)
    i've used a nokia hdw-2 successfully, but it sometimes suffers 'wake-up' lags during heavy phone duty.

its small form factor is a big plus for me. the 650 pairs as well my nokia 3650 did--which had a good implementation of bluetooth.
    Wrote this in the other "Scala" post, but here it is again:

Got my replacement Scala today (direct from Cardo) and it's great. It has a cool new "turqoise" led instead of the blue (which seems to be less annoying at night). I might not have to take this one apart and cover the led with white paper!

It INSTANTLY transfers calls initiated on the phone even before the call starts ringing sometimes!...no more 2 second (or 3 second?) delay.

There is still some crackling in wifi environments, but come on, guys...these are not bt 1.2 headset/phones. And it *is* the Treo's BT that is the sucky factor here.

Call volume is great.

I've only tried two calls so far, but I'm happy so far.
    Interesting news Roger. What about incoming calls -- how fast do they transfer to the Scala?
    I'd say usually on or right after the second ring...not bad. I just really like the turqoise led now...haha..I know, I'm being silly.
  14. ms8
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    i just ordered the jabra bt800 i'll find out soon if it is!

Don't get the BT 800, I am in Singapore and I got one last week, it is NOT compatible with the T650...only picks up after 5 rings, intermittent Caller ID, no phonebook access etc....

I gave the Jabra to my wife (for her Nokia) and got a Bluespoon AX instead. Seems ok, but then I don't have much experience with BT headsets having been a Treo 600 user....
    Yes, this thread is very good
    i needed some more feedback to justify me buying the HBH 660.

Hey, anyone got a link to the cheapest place to buy the 660? as well as the ear gels?

BTW...and yes...that ***** comment had me laughing out loud at work
    HAHHAHHA

So far i see it being $119 everywhere. I want it a bit cheaper cause i will be shipping it to Canada.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by AznTriniBwoy; 02/18/2005 at 01:09 PM.
    To all those saying "it depends on what you want"...

That's true, but after trying 5 different headsets with my 650, there is just a plain "connection factor". My favorite headsets, the Jabra BT250 and Motorola HS850, just don't connect well with the 650 - too low volume & very crackly. They work great with some other phones, just not the 650.

I never tried the Scala, but the Sony HBH660 connects very well - no static, good volume.

So the question is a little less about features until you satisfy the basics of working well with the 650.
    i have tried both the motorola 810 and 820 i took them both back. the 810 doesnt answer calls like the 820 does and they both take awhile to connect. i am wanting to get the Sony Ericsson HBH-660 but i had a few ?'s, does the caller id work with the 650? aqnd what about connection time (when my phone starts ringing till i can answer) with the 650.
    thanks
    also is there anywhere i can buy it at a major retailer? or does it have to be online?
    thanks
    Adam
    treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by adam9859
    ...i am wanting to get the Sony Ericsson HBH-660 but i had a few ?'s, does the caller id work with the 650? aqnd what about connection time (when my phone starts ringing till i can answer) with the 650.
    thanks
    The screen shows the incoming number. The screen is so tiny that the whole number doesnt show - it scrolls across the screen. It does not show names.

It takes about 1-2 rings for the number to show in the caller ID window.

I LOVE the HBH-660. Great sound quality, great connection.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    This is where I got mine. Dan's Cellular, brand new, $77.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...96671&tc=photo

Quote Originally Posted by AznTriniBwoy
    Yes, this thread is very good
    i needed some more feedback to justify me buying the HBH 660.

Hey, anyone got a link to the cheapest place to buy the 660? as well as the ear gels?

BTW...and yes...that ***** comment had me laughing out loud at work
    HAHHAHHA

So far i see it being $119 everywhere. I want it a bit cheaper cause i will be shipping it to Canada.

Thanks in advance.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast