1. gt3
    I just got my GSM 650 and would like to have a car cardle to charge my phone. I searched and only found the one made by Seido. However, the Seido version looks hideous. I saw that Palmone made one for the 600. It looked decent but has been dicontinued. I gather that is a sign that they are not making one for the 650. Any suggestions for an elegant mounting options in the car? Thanks.
    Goto the accessories forum, there are literally countless threads on mounting options for your 650.
    1 | 2
    I have the car cradle for the Treo 600, it is really big. The best thing you can buy for the Treo 650 is a bluetooth car kit. It is much simpler, and you can use it with any new phone with BT in the future.
    We are all dead, we just don't know it yet.
  4. gt3
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    Goto the accessories forum, there are literally countless threads on mounting options for your 650.
    Thanks for the tip, never thought to look there. However, I am still looking something that can both mount and charge the unit.
    Previously Posted:

Originally Posted by GalenMD
    I have e-mailed THB regarding a car-kit for the 650. These are the guys who currently make the palmOne car kit. This is a true professional style kit that can tap into your existing stereo speakers (for many vehicles), has radio mute, external mic, etc. Here is there response:

There have been some new developments regarding the Treo 650. The production process has been pushed back. The reason being is that now PalmOne is not sure they are going to develop a car-kit application/software for the Treo 650. Why this is I do not know. My guess would be that because the Treo 650 is Bluetooth they won’t have to waist their time in creating an application. Of course the only bad thing about Bluetooth is that if you want to use it in handsfree mode it will not charge the Treo or use the external antenna capability.

THB is waiting for an answer from PalmOne to know for sure if they will or will not create the car-kit application for the Treo 650. I have no ETA on when this answer might come about. I am hoping for an answer within the week or two

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Best Regards,
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Alan Jarvis

I have also emailed Travis Crouch (travis@wirelessinnovations.us) and Alan (Alan@CellTechSolutions.net) to see if there are any updates. After the fiasco with the T600, they may not be real eager to work with P1 either...
  6. gt3
    Found this Brodit (maker of proclip) proclip with active holder for the treo 600. This is exactly what I was looking for!! However, I couldn't find a place that sells this online for the 650. Anyone know of a site that I can buy one? I am going to emailed Brodit as well. Thanks!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gt3; 02/14/2005 at 01:41 AM.
    Did you check the maker's website?

ProClip for the Treo 600/650

EDIT: Just read your first two posts. Didn't realize you were looking for one that does both (hold and charge). Don't know any other mount charger besides the ones from Seidio.
    Last edited by TR30; 02/14/2005 at 05:45 AM.
    To heck with that, why isn't there a good desktop cradle?!?!?!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    To heck with that, why isn't there a good desktop cradle?!?!?!
    Actually, you could use the Brodit car cradle to make a pretty decent desktop cradle, if and when they make a 650 version.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.