1.    #1  
    I just got a Treo 650 from Cingular. How do I tell if I'm roaming or off-network? I couldn't find any directions about that in the users manual.
    I have a Sprint version, so not sure if it's the same. But on the upper right hand corner of the phone app screen, the name of the network should be listed. If the network name is ATA&T or Cingular, presumably you're not roaming. Anythign else, and you are.
    It's the upper left hand corner that says "Sprint" or "Roaming". With GSM, I imagine the name of the network you are currently connected to will be in the same place.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    The above people are correct. With Sprint it'll say Roaming and with Cingular it'll show the name of the other carrier. It could also be a let of numbers, that means you are roaming too. The good thing with Cingular is that you don't have to worry about roaming because it doesn't cost you anything. As long as you have a signal, the minutes and data come out of your regular allotment. To get that with Sprint you either need a Free and Clear plan on pay for the $5 add-on for other plans.

Joe
    With my 600 I used to have numbers in the upper left corner of the screen identifying the network that I was roaming on, and now I have either "no service" or "no service-SOS only" but all phone and data services work fine. I have an AT&T plan. Spent the last 5 days with Cingular Tech Support and they finally said to call Palm, Palm told me that they would send me another phone. I would be interested to know if anyone else has had this issue. Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by mudphud
    I just got a Treo 650 from Cingular. How do I tell if I'm roaming or off-network? I couldn't find any directions about that in the users manual.
    what everyone above me has said is right for the most part, but keep in mind too that so long as you're on a national calling plan, you won't have to worry about incurring any type of roaming charge, as it's fully covered in your user agreement.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w