Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is a link to the complete TOS: http://www.cingular.com/media/terms/0,,,00.html

But it's this line that I found interesting (actually funny) because when you buy a 650 online that is the only plan they offer to you:

"The $24.99 MEdia Net package is not available on PDA devices, RIM devices, or PC card modems."
    AT&T has/had a Unlimited PDA plan for 44.99 vs. Cingulars Data Connect Unlimited for $79.99

I signed up with my Treo 600 before the merge, so was able to apply it to the 650.
    Chris

Evolution: PalmPilot > Palm Vx > Visor Prism > iPaq 3955 > iPaq 4155 > Treo 600 > Treo 650
  3.    #3  
    Cingular has a $39.99 unlimited PDA DATA PLAN. Yet it can't be found posted online. Go to any store. In fact, many of the stores will ONLY sell the $39.99 plan even if you show them the $24.99 plan online. Yet the Cingular website (when you select a 650 to purchase) only shows the $24.99 unlimited plan. I myself have an ATT Treo 650 and am on their $24.99 unlimited plan which I got a week ago.

They are just completely F'd up.

Quote Originally Posted by crc408
    AT&T has/had a Unlimited PDA plan for 44.99 vs. Cingulars Data Connect Unlimited for $79.99

I signed up with my Treo 600 before the merge, so was able to apply it to the 650.
    I initally had ATTWS's $49.99 unlimited PDA plan with my Treo 600. Sometime around October ATT switched me over to the $24.99 unlimited mMode. I didn't mind at that time, because I was using the v600 and later the MPX220. I'm just worried that ATT will switch me back to the PDA plan once they find out I am using the Treo 650.
    We are all dead, we just don't know it yet.
    glad i got sprint for $10 unlim that would be add a big chunk onto my bill
    Yeah, Sprint is the best as far as pricing; even at $15 for new customers. I wonder if they're gonna pull any stunts themselves if Cingular gets away with it.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    T-mobile has $4.99 for their data service. Gotta love it
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    even with the treo... wow now that is cheap, is it the same speed as sprint
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    t-mobile is running under gprs which is pretty slow. sprint's data network is a lot faster but if you're just using the handheld to do e-mail, minor surfing, chatting, or mainly text based stuff then it's no big deal.
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaver99
    Does that use up voice minutes, like the Verizon MOU? What about the $19.99 tZones plan?
    The brochure says nothing about PDAs being excluded from the $24.99 Unlimited Media plan. It only says RIM and PC cards are not allowed.
    So if you're in the store, ask them to show it to you in the brochure where it says so.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    Does that use up voice minutes, like the Verizon MOU? What about the $19.99 tZones plan?
    no it doesn't use voice minutes. the $9.99 plan lets you access your corporate e-mail, but i don't know what other differences there are. I have the $4.99 plan and I access my work e-mail just fine. It might mention it on the website but I'm too lazy to look it up right now.
  13.    #13  
    Although I haven't seen it yet, I'm sure the brochure says something like "other terms may apply see <so and so>. Or "for complete terms see <so and so>."

Who knows though, they are totally screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    The brochure says nothing about PDAs being excluded from the $24.99 Unlimited Media plan. It only says RIM and PC cards are not allowed.
    So if you're in the store, ask them to show it to you in the brochure where it says so.
    the 4.99 tzones data service for tmobile has no http access on port 80 (unless you use a proxy server).. only a few ports are open, including email ports etc. the 9.99 tzones adds corporate email access.

the 19.99 internet plan for tmobile is true unrestricted port access. tethering IS allowed and stated clearly in TOS.
    As far as Cingular goes, I think we need to collect all the screen shots of all these different things that their pages show. I have not been under contract for years but put myself under contract for two years just to ensure protection.
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknoi
    the 4.99 tzones data service for tmobile has no http access on port 80 (unless you use a proxy server).. only a few ports are open, including email ports etc. the 9.99 tzones adds corporate email access.

the 19.99 internet plan for tmobile is true unrestricted port access. tethering IS allowed and stated clearly in TOS.

How does the carrier know when we have our devices tethered? Is it because of the amount of data being send in a small amount of time? Is it using different ports?
    We are all dead, we just don't know it yet.
    I'm playing online, and it lets you add the $24.99 MEdia Net package with the 650. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    This is a link to the complete TOS: http://www.cingular.com/media/terms/0,,,00.html

But it's this line that I found interesting (actually funny) because when you buy a 650 online that is the only plan they offer to you:

"The $24.99 MEdia Net package is not available on PDA devices, RIM devices, or PC card modems."
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaver99
    That is a nice price. I was wondering what data speed range you're getting with it. Thanks.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    I'm glad I got in on the original Media Works Unlimited plan last week for $19.95.
    I read somewhere that the Media Net plan does not work with VPN software. Apparently Media Net does not give you a real IP address, but uses NAT. The $40 PDA plan apparently does give you a real IP address.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast