1.    #1  
    I curious to learn how people use spreadsheets on their visor or palm. I use spreadsheets all the time at work but without the graphing functions of Excel the palm OS spreadsheets don't seem all that useful to me.
    well,

i, for one, use tinysheet to track lots of income stuff.

i do a lot of freelance work, and i teach privately, and i'm an actor, so i have a different boss for every gig...

every source of income has a simple spreadsheet -- just so i can track dates, amount of payment, deductions, check numbers, totals, and c.

for my clients, i can then sync the info back to my desktop, reformat, and give them a pretty receipt. for my bosses, i have my own personal records in one place.

i don't deal with any stats, so i don't need graphs.

but, if i did, i could just sync all the info to the desktop, reformat, and generate a chart.

tinysheet does not yet have a mac conduit, which is why i have to reformat everything, but since it's all numbers, it's not that big a deal.

------------------
    matty
    i like bananas.
    Have you looked into Quicksheet with Quickchart?
    http://www.cesinc.com/quickchart/quickchart.html

It can create 5 chart types line, bar, pie, stock, and scatter.

I like Quicksheet, but have not used the charting features yet.

Have you looked at MiniCalc?
    http://www.solutions.hand.org
    Personal;ly, I find spreadsheets the easiest way to track gaming wins & losses and to track several investment portfolios I work with.
    - Professionally, one example is inventory management/reporting for a number hardware products I manage. I get monthly summaries of purchases for the last year by month, type, etc. as well as current un-deployed inventories. I create a simple summary of run-rates by last month, last 3, last 6 and projected out-of-stock/end-of-life dates dates - which I then download to the VDX.
    - then when a question arises in a meeting about "when can we do a processor bump," or "when can we start deploying the new XYZ router", I've got the answers right at hand.
    - MY principle is - just the summary data goes on my VDX!
    One of the things I use QuickSheet for is keeping a timesheet for my 1 year old's babysitter. I have it set up so all I have to do is enter the time I pick her up and it tells me how much I'm being tagged for.

------------------

Joe V. - Simi Valley, CA
    i like to set it up for quick data collection at work when i'm in the plant. Then i can bring those numbers back to my desk and it sync's up with excel and i'm off to the races. (oh ya, i use quicksheet).

it's better than the old method of writing everything down on a notepad while in the plant and then retyping it all into the desktop!
    I use quicksheet, and have recently used it to track the costs of buying a house.

I created a sheet with the budgeted costs, and then whenever I received a bill, I entered the value on an 'actual costs' sheet.

This highlighted that my convayancer was trying to charge me 100 more that he should!

The software paid for itself!!!

------------------
    Regards,
    Jim Nurcombe
    jim@nurcombe.net
    I'm using Tiny Sheet 3.0 for keeping track of repair parts. I tried version 2.55 but it didn't support enough rows and columns. (I needed over 300 rows) It also supports multiple sheets with the latest version. I haven't tried some of the other spreadsheets available. I read several reviews of Tiny Sheet and the price was very good. I'm not sure if it does pie charts and the such, but probably wouldn't use that feature anyhow.

Enjoy!