1.    #1  
    I had been using Yahoo IntelliSync to synchronise my data from Yahoo address book/ Calender to my Palm Pilot and then back to my Desktop Software. The only way to synchronise Yahoo data to Palm desktop data was through my hand held.

Everything used to happen fine. But with my latest Palm OS hot sync, I can not change the default Intellisync conduit e..g address and dates to do nothing. So there is a conflict between the conduits. So once I install Intelli-Sync on one of my desktops, my handheld can only sync to my yahoo for the 4 conduits ( address, dates, to do and memos) and not at all with my desktop.

Does any body know the solution for Intellisync for Yahoo!
    I was unable to sync either, so I have to go around and sync my calendar address and memos thru microsoft outlook. other wise i cant sync at all my treo 650.
    I use Intellisync with Outlook. After moving to 650 it wouldn't sync with any conduit to Palm Desktop when I selected it- until Intellisync put out this patch:
    Intellisync - Palm Handheld Patch 2
    Download Size: 7 MB, < 18.0 minutes
    Install this patch if you synchronize a Palm Tungsten E/T3 device, Palm Desktop version 4.1.2 or greater, or Palm Desktop, Handspring version 4.0.1, or if the "Could not find a Palm Desktop data file" error message appears.

The Update Service did not find any available updates for this computer.
    oldtimetechie, can you please provide me the link for the patch 2? I can only see the handheld patch 1 at their site.
    I purchased the Intellisync automatic update for a year last time I bought- it automatically lists out the available updates and FTPs the one you pick. Never saw a URL.
    Quote Originally Posted by neilweinrib
    I had been using Yahoo IntelliSync to synchronise my data from Yahoo address book/ Calender to my Palm Pilot and then back to my Desktop Software. The only way to synchronise Yahoo data to Palm desktop data was through my hand held.

Everything used to happen fine. But with my latest Palm OS hot sync, I can not change the default Intellisync conduit e..g address and dates to do nothing. So there is a conflict between the conduits. So once I install Intelli-Sync on one of my desktops, my handheld can only sync to my yahoo for the 4 conduits ( address, dates, to do and memos) and not at all with my desktop.

Does any body know the solution for Intellisync for Yahoo!
    Found this from the post Yahoo Intellisync - great but flaky synch tool:

Quote Originally Posted by muratd
    The downsides are:

1. Once the Yahoo conduit is enabled, you only synch with yahoo. Palm desktop data is not synched up.
    2. Yahoo intellisync works most of the time. But not always.
    Sorry, this doesn't give a solution, but it does confirm that Yahoo and Intellisync know about the limitation, but neither is doing anything about it.
    Treo knowledge base (FAQs)

Treo Hater's Club

Treo 600 (GSM)--> MDA Vario (HTC Wizard)
    I'm trying to find a solution to sync directly with yahoo using Intellisync for yahoo. I choose Palm OS for each item in the application settings but I get an error that I have a conflicting conduit. Was I not supposed to install the palm software? I'm using the Treo 650 and it will sync with Outlook after I sync Outlook with Yahoo but I'm running into problems where outlook is in the middle and I'm not getting everything from yahoo to outlook or palm to yahoo, etc. I would like to take outlook out as the middle man and jsut go directly to yahoo so I don't have to monitor everything.
    In 20+ years of buying software for my office I have returned just one software package for a refund and that was Intellisync....back in the days of our PlamVx's.
    Quote Originally Posted by ripzippy
    I'm trying to find a solution to sync directly with yahoo using Intellisync for yahoo. I choose Palm OS for each item in the application settings but I get an error that I have a conflicting conduit. Was I not supposed to install the palm software? I'm using the Treo 650 and it will sync with Outlook after I sync Outlook with Yahoo but I'm running into problems where outlook is in the middle and I'm not getting everything from yahoo to outlook or palm to yahoo, etc. I would like to take outlook out as the middle man and jsut go directly to yahoo so I don't have to monitor everything.
    I gave up. There is no way to sync the 650 directly with yahoo. The 600 worked fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by lghitis
    I gave up. There is no way to sync the 650 directly with yahoo. The 600 worked fine.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ellisync+yahoo
    Yahoo Intellisync - great free synch tool - with some caveats
    When it works, this is a wonderful tool - a free download from Yahoo Calendar (more info here.)

It installs as a conduit to the Palm Desktop utility and allows you to synch your treo calendar/todo/addressbook/notes with the Yahoo counterparts. Wonderful!

Logically, with the Treo being an Internet connected device itself, we should be able to synch with Yahoo directly - without needing an intermediate Palm Desktop. That may come later.

The downsides are:

1. Once the Yahoo conduit is enabled, you only synch with yahoo. Palm desktop data is not synched up.
    2. Yahoo intellisync works most of the time. But not always.

Once the Yahoo intellisync is broken, good luck figuring out what is amiss.

I originally started this message thread after yahoo stopped accepting synch requests. Since then, I figured out that if you remove intellisync and install the latest version, all is well again.

Rest of the message thread is regarding that outage...

Best,
    Last edited by lghitis; 02/21/2006 at 11:28 PM. Reason: wrong