1.    #1  
    My old Treo 600 used to be able to sort the contacts folder with Firstname, Last Name.
    My new Treo 650, apparently mimicking the T5 software, only sorts with Last Name, First name or Company name, Last name.

I found the first name, last name sorting more convenient as i remember people by their first name. Has anyone found a hack (albeit solution) on how to arrange the contacts folder by First name, Surname?

Thanks in Advance
    No, no hack found. You will have to use a 3rd party contact program to get this.

I'd tell you to search, but for some stupid reason you can't search the words "First" and "Name" on this forum. I don't get it.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    I had the same frustration with this setup. Unfortunately.. I had to put my contacts' full name in the "First name" category and leave the "last name" blank in order to view the first name first.
    Alfa ........ I am wondering what you used to do.
    I often look up by first name on my Treo 600. No matter which way I have them sorted ( L,F or F,L) I still type j I m when I am looking for Jim and all the !ims come up. I never space down through the pages to get to the 15th page to see all the Jims.
    Is there something you need to do that typing jim will not get you?
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
    What about all the Smiths....or in my case Lees and Parks?

Besides, I often don't remember ppls last names. Esp my Korean friends.

Having the ability to sort by First Name is just basic in my book and I'm not sure why Palm hasn't added that ability all these years.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    I also have lots of same last names. In my case Blacks & Stewards. When I want to call Jim Steward, I press contacts and I see the beginning of the A's, I then type j ... I ... m and all my Jim's are on the page and I space down to the fourth one which Jim Steward.
    I also have learned that typing j .. s will bring him up to the top.
    The Treo sort as you type feature leaves me not knowing how they are sorted as they are resorted when I do a lookup anyway.
    Tell me do you actually page through the contacts as the are?
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by curtarmy
    <snip>
    I also have learned that typing j .. s will bring him up to the top.<snip>
    Now this is something I did not know!!!! This will come in handy. I have a James Smith. With a TON of Korean friends named James, and my family name being Smith, it made it hard to look him up w/o paging through (after clearing him from favorites....really gotta put him back.) Anyway, knowing this helps get him on the first page at least. Thanks!