Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well the good guys at Splashdata have done it again. Other great New app!!
    SplashBlog which you can create a great photo blog with your 600 or 650 with ease. I want ramble on with details, just go check it out. To see what they look like, here's my working blog in progress.

http://www.splashblog.com/imageone
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Quote Originally Posted by imageone
    Well the good guys at Splashdata have done it again. Other great New app!!
    SplashBlog which you can create a great photo blog with your 600 or 650 with ease. I want ramble on with details, just go check it out. To see what they look like, here's my working blog in progress.

http://www.splashblog.com/imageone
    Sweet !
    Thanks...pretty cool. I might have to buy this. I like it so far. How does this compare to other blogging software?
    It is so easy doing it all self contained.
    I have nothing against Splash. Quite the contrary, I use two of their excellent products (SplashID and SplashPhoto) daily. But one can do the same thing completely for free at textamerica.com, and it requires no additional software on either your Treo or your computer.

You can see my textamerica moblog by clicking on the link below.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacJunkie
    I have nothing against Splash. Quite the contrary, I use two of their excellent products (SplashID and SplashPhoto) daily. But one can do the same thing completely for free at textamerica.com, and it requires no additional software on either your Treo or your computer.

I totally understand. I too have textamerica which is fine, but SplashBlog has a much cleaner look, NO ad's, site is MUCH faster, blog syncs with SplashBlog app on Treo so you know what photo's are in your blog and syncs categories. Plus works with other blog service "TypePad" and who knows they may even add textamerica. Here's a quote from SplashData "Additional services will be added in the future".

They have my $20 bucks.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Looks interesting. After I buy my software, I may check it out.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Pretty cool, imageone, thanks for sharing!

One of the reasons I got a Treo (previously a Samsung SPH-i500 owner) was for ease of blogging with a keyboard. Will definitely have to check this out....

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    Very cool. Like the clean look. When my new treo comes in from lockline I'll give it a whirl. % days without a treo is like a lefetime. really sucks.
    There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
    Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Is there a blog site that we can send our 650 3g2p video clips to?
    Quote Originally Posted by MacJunkie

You can't shoot and sync to your blog with your Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    Is there a blog site that we can send our 650 3g2p video clips to?
    Or anyone that has Quicktime (it's free) on their PC or MAC.
    Nice alternative, but I'm still disappointed that there's no easy option for Gallery (a software photo album that runs off a server). I can FTP the pictures to my server, but there's no real way to add the pictures to the album from the Treo...it really requires a full PC.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    Or anyone that has Quicktime (it's free) on their PC or MAC.
    TextAmerica
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    </body>
    Textamerica works great. You dont need software and you can allow others to email photos and post to your blog. All it takes is your camera phone and then and email account and your up and running.
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    Nice alternative, but I'm still disappointed that there's no easy option for Gallery (a software photo album that runs off a server). I can FTP the pictures to my server, but there's no real way to add the pictures to the album from the Treo...it really requires a full PC.
    If you're handy with web programming, I'm sure you could create exactly what ya want.

Splash Blog is sweet... Hopefully they'll add some more templates and allow some more control/customization of your site layout in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Textamerica works great. You dont need software and you can allow others to email photos and post to your blog. All it takes is your camera phone and then and email account and your up and running.
    SplashBlog is easy all in one solution, not the cumbersome way you blog.
    Not to nit-pick, but why is this in the Mac forum???
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    If you're handy with web programming, I'm sure you could create exactly what ya want.

Splash Blog is sweet... Hopefully they'll add some more templates and allow some more control/customization of your site layout in the future.
    here are some answers from Splashdata:

1. At this time, we do not offer the ability to create multiple blogs
    within a single account. However, we designed the system with that in
    mind, so we hope to bring this capability to you in an upcoming
    release.

2. Thanks for mentioning the "number of visits" bug. We will look into
    it. (Your website shows a total of 6 visitors for me, by the way, so
    maybe this has been addressed)

3. Currently, photos are synchronized between the handheld and website.
    We're looking into a feature that would make it easier to specify
    uploading to the website and removing the high resolution photo on the
    handheld. Until that time, one way to reduce the amount of space taken
    up on the handheld is to set your Sync Prefs to download only
    thumbnails from the server and upload originals. This will put the
    originals on the website. After you sync, you can delete the originals
    on your handheld, outside of SplashBlog. SplashBlog will still show you
    thumbnails for the items within SplashBlog, and if you want to bring a
    selected original down, you can do so with the Download Original menu
    item or button, available in the Edit view.

4. We had website customization in mind when we designed the sites
    using cascading style sheets. We may create an interface that would
    allow site owners to customize them. Thanks for mentioning this would
    be useful to you. (More website designs are coming soon, by the way)

5. There is currently a 50 MB disk space limit on the website. Please
    contact us if you find that you need more disk space.

Let us know if you have anymore questions and/or feedback, and thanks
    for using SplashBlog!

Todd Schomer
    SplashData
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    </body>
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    This software is going to be great when I head to Seattle for a conference. BTW, here's a good way to get SplashBlog for free:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=73618

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...4&postcount=52
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast