Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just found out about about Chatter Email. I am in no way associated with the company, but for a one time $32, their software and a suitable Exchange server gives your Treo rea PUSH email. I now instantly receive all my email as it comes to my mailbox.

I was fustrated with buggy Versamail crashing my Treo, and looked around, and Chattermail was what I found. Snapper mail didn't seem much different in operation to Versamail (although it may be less buggy).

Anyway, if you have a decent data plan, and an IMAP email account, go and check out Chatter Email. www.chatteremail.com

I have no idea why PalmOne have not bought this software up. The carriers could do a $10 option on your monthly cell plan, and give you full PUSH email.

-James.
    I agree!

ChatterEmail is absolutely fabulous. I have 6 different LIVE, push mailboxes on it. I also have about 6 other scheduled sync folders and many more that I only sync when needed. It's a real power email solution in your pocket.
    Last edited by silverado; 02/13/2005 at 05:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    How long does your battery last using a service like this? Isn't it connect to GPRS constantly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5
    How long does your battery last using a service like this? Isn't it connect to GPRS constantly?
    I'm using the Sprint version. My battery lasts me about 16 hours with my setup with heavy use of email with all the messages that I receive on all these mailboxes all day. I take it off the charger in the morning and plug it in when going to bed. If the 600 models were any indication, I expect battery life to be better on the GSM model.
    I absolutely love Chatter. It is why I got my first Handspring Visor phone. Used to depend on SMS but this is much simpler and easy to use.

It keeps an active connction to EDGE but it never has interfered with calls. With Bluetooth on all day and Chatter on 24 hours. The phone will go all day and have some left.
    I completely concur - Chatter Email is a GREAT product. I just switched to the GSM Treo 650 (unlocked, btw ) from a BlackBerry 7100t and missed BB's email implementation the first day I had it (I had to at least try VersaMail) but not anymore since going with Chatter Email.

The only bummer, my .Mac account doesn't support the IDLE command but I'm okay with sync'ing my email every 30mins.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolio
    The only bummer, my .Mac account doesn't support the IDLE command but I'm okay with sync'ing my email every 30mins.
    you just answered a question i just posted in another thread friend, too bad that .MAC isn't offering IDLE support, true push is peferable..
    I hope Chatter is able to implement "active sync" with real push. I use Versa Mail which only works in email-pull mode. But it syncs my calendar as well as my mail at the same time.

For the moment, remote calendar sync is more important than push email. But both would be really great and I would pay for it (one time) happily.
    Ok, my company offers me e-mail via OWA or by connecting via VPN. So far I've been unable to successfully configure the VPN. Something about Sprint Vision requiring a specific port to be open.

Will I be able to use Chatter?
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by koolio
    I assume that would defeat the purpose of Chatter email which is "push" technology. I also switched from a BlackBerry 7100t and am now 100% satisifed with my treo now that it has push email. This is indeed a fantastic product and for anyone who is thinking about utilizing this service it works flawlessly with GMAIL and Fastmail.fm to push email out. All my Gmail accounts are now pushed to my device in real time. Genius!

The only recommendation I would make to the developer is to have an option that would allow for chatter to be turned on/off on a schedule. I have my treo's radio scheduled to turn off for 30 mins every morning while my device backs itself up. This causes error messages if chatter is running before the scheduled backup.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth
    For anyone who is thinking about utilizing this service it works flawlessly with GMAIL and Fastmail.fm to push email out. All my Gmail accounts are now pushed to my device in real time. Genius!
    Can someone send me an invite to a GMail account. Thanks.
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
    Ill hook you up.. check your email in a few minutes.
    If you are on Cingular and your company's Exchange server is behind a firewall then I found Xpress Mail Personal Edition to be a great push-mail solution. It's not the best mail or calendar program in the world, but it allows me direct real-time access to Exchange without having to auto-redirect all mail to an outside IMAP server.
    As long as you have a data plan with Cingular, all you have to do is register online and you're ready to go. http://www.cingular.com/business/xpress_mail_personal
    I might add that I haven't had this for more than a month so I can't confirm that I'm not being charged extra to use XPress mail, but it appears I am not, I just pay for the data plan and XPress is something you use with it without charge.

I'm not nocking Chatter Email. I love Chatter mail for it's true push-mail on an IMAP server.
    Last edited by taylorh; 02/13/2005 at 11:28 PM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    No Cingular here....got Sprint.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckotek
    No Cingular here....got Sprint.
    Sprint has the identical thing called "Business Connect"

Cingular XPress Mail and Sprint Business Connect are the same solution by a company called Seven.
    I didn't realize it at the time I made my post.
    Check out the login pages
    Sprint: https://bc.sprintpcs.com/subscriber/login.stp
    Cingular: https://xpressmail.cingular.com/subscriber/login.stp

Cingular and Sprint are the only 2 US carriers that have it, but there are many others that use Seven's solution.
    http://www.seven.com/get_it/HowToGetSEVEN.html
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Ill hook you up.. check your email in a few minutes.
    The Truthe,

Would you hook me up with Gmail? My email is tho168@hotmail.com.

Thanks.
    ...This is indeed a fantastic product and for anyone who is thinking about utilizing this service it works flawlessly with GMAIL and Fastmail.fm to push email out. All my Gmail accounts are now pushed to my device in real time. Genius!
    Quick question about Fastmail: after receiving an email from Fastmail/Gmail, when you reply, does it appear from your @gmail.com address? (I'm assuming you have a paid Fastmail account and are using their SMTP server to send emails?). Thanks.
    Does Chatter work with an Exchange server that's behind a firewall?

I use Sprint Bizconn and it's quite good... but Chatter seems to get high marks (and it's much cheaper!)
    can someone invite me to join gmail. my email address is josterholt@osterholtconsulting.com....thanks so much!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast