Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgood72
    I just found out about about Chatter Email. I am in no way associated with the company, but for a one time $32, their software and a suitable Exchange server gives your Treo rea PUSH email. I now instantly receive all my email as it comes to my mailbox.

I was fustrated with buggy Versamail crashing my Treo, and looked around, and Chattermail was what I found. Snapper mail didn't seem much different in operation to Versamail (although it may be less buggy).

Anyway, if you have a decent data plan, and an IMAP email account, go and check out Chatter Email. www.chatteremail.com

I have no idea why PalmOne have not bought this software up. The carriers could do a $10 option on your monthly cell plan, and give you full PUSH email.

-James.
    sounds llike it doens't have DBCS support?
    Asia Pacific Traveller (HK based)
    While we're askin'... anybody else got a GMail invite to spare?

TIA,
    Todd/Indy
    Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen

TIA,
    Todd/Indy
    I'll hook you up. PM me your email address so I can send it.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen

TIA,
    Todd/Indy
    I have 1 to spare too, so PM me if you need one.
    michael [TX76Mike]
    BB Tour (Verizon) ∙ 16GB iPhone 3GS (AT&T) ∙ Palm Pre (Cricket)
    Follow me on twitter
    Thanks Mike, but I already responded to taylorh.

People like you both are the reason I love this community despite the anguish pa1mOne's latest products have been putting us through.

Todd/Indy
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckotek
    Ok, my company offers me e-mail via OWA or by connecting via VPN. So far I've been unable to successfully configure the VPN. Something about Sprint Vision requiring a specific port to be open.

Will I be able to use Chatter?
    I have the same issue with my company email. If someone comes up with a fix for this one let me know.
    Anyone have another gmail invite? I'd like to get push email going on my Treo
    1 | 2
    I have a bunch. PM me if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    Anyone have another gmail invite? I'd like to get push email going on my Treo
    If anyone has a gmail invite to spare, that would be great! cameraguy@neofilm.tv

Thanks a bunch..
    I am a new Treo 650 owner and a long time FastMail subscriber. I can tell you that ChatterMail folks WILL be getting my $32. This is the best thing since I gave up my sidekick. It works even better because on my sidekick I was always having to retrieve my pop messages. Since I am 100% using FastMail for my email now I never have to retrieve pop messages, never have to do anything. Email comes it it goes right to my Treo. This is SWEET. I am so much happier with my Treo 650 than I was with my PocketPC XDA. I would have been happy using FastMail's web interface with Blazer (which was acceptable). This is great.
    My questions is....can I access my corporate email with the setup I have read on this thread? I do not know the server address and my IT folks have me locked out from redirecting the mail so I have been stuck using Business Connect - and that only works when I have my laptop connected to my network via vpn.
    When I travel and take my laptop...I have no way to get email unless I bring my BlackBerry along with my Treo650. Will this allow me to lose the BB?
    You can use ChatterMail to connect to your corporate email if you can access it via IMAP from the internet (optionally using SSL). I personally cannot speak to ChatterMail's ability to use a VPN.
    Quote Originally Posted by kdorff
    You can use ChatterMail to connect to your corporate email if you can access it via IMAP from the internet (optionally using SSL). I personally cannot speak to ChatterMail's ability to use a VPN.
    If his IT folks dont let him redirect his mail, outside internet/pop access to his email is unlikely...
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    so chattermail is the only push option? i just tried the XpressMail... and I'm getting random text messages, the interface is kludgy and not as nice as snappermail or chattermail... and chattermail gets me the messages faster (by several minutes)

ps. if anyone needs a gmail invite, i've got plenty to give out (no charge)
    Yeah...but Chattermail will drain your battery very quickly. It needs a constant connection to your imap server so the gprs radio is continously on.

WIth XpressMail you only need gprs when a new email arrives. An sms alert is sent to the Treo which forces the client to download new email.

I'm getting almost two days worth of battery life as a result.
    all this talk of needing "push" email-don't people realize that treohelper/snappermail or versamail will give you closest thing to push email with either pop or imap?! This solution is maybe a second or two slower than true push but do we really need that much time? It's simple I get an email, it notifies me via sms. Then treohelper reads the sms (deletes it before I even see it) & launches snappermail or versamail. BOOM-push er almost push email! What the need for push?!!
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    all this talk of needing "push" email-don't people realize that treohelper/snappermail or versamail will give you closest thing to push email with either pop or imap?! This solution is maybe a second or two slower than true push but do we really need that much time? It's simple I get an email, it notifies me via sms. Then treohelper reads the sms (deletes it before I even see it) & launches snappermail or versamail. BOOM-push er almost push email! What the need for push?!!
    You know, I think you have a point as this was the method with Snappermail that I used to use. I decided to try out Chatter, and what I have realized is that there is more to the whole "push" concept than it just getting your mail instantly (which is nice, but treohelper can mimic that). With Snapper, the changes I made on the handheld didn't automatically migrate to my web based e-mail account, and visa versa. However, whith chatter, it pretty much does. In other words if I read an e-mail on chatter and then put the phone down and do something else, within a few moments, the e-mail will show up as "read" on my web based e-mail account.

I realize that this isn't exactly earth shattering, but it is a nice touch. I still think snappermail is an excellent palm e-mail application, but after trying out Chatter (and its what I'm continuing to use now) I'm realizing there are things it does that the treohelper/snapper combo can't quite mimic.
    This is my deal, I have two accounts, neither of them are IMAP, just regular POP accounts. I want as close to real time as possible and I want to be able to reply from the account where the email arrived. This second feature is very important to me. Otherwise, I'll just go through the hassle of checking manually.

Let's assume I only have one account, the solution would be to forward email via text message, trigger treo helper to launch versa or snapper mail to fetch email.

Ok, but I have 2 accounts, that set up won't work b/c it won't work if you have 2 accounts set up on versa or chatter (so I guess). So I use fusemail to collect the email from both accounts and forward via text message that will trigger treo helper to trigger versa or snapper mail to fetch mail. The only problem here is when I reply, it comes from fusemail. Right?

Is there anyway around this? Is it chatter? Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Mark
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123