Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I currently use a T650 that I love very dearly. Its equipped with a 512MB SD card for all my pda stuff and I also have a 128MB Lexar USB flash drive on my keychain for all my misc stuff.

Sometimes I might snatch something off a friend's computer and store it on my USB flash drive (keychain), but then I'm limited in the event that I want to transfer that data to someone else. What I've done in the past is hotsync misc files to the onboard SD card on my Treo to access/email them later if the situation is appropriate. Basically, if you have a good email client on your Treo and a good variety of info on your expansion card, you can send those files to anyone anytime you want and have the most flexibility.

I recently had an epiphany on a cool concept that could happen if the correct software/accessories were available.

What if...instead of having a 128MB keychain flash drive, I had a USB Bluetooth adapter (keychain) instead. I've seen some on the internet, but none of them had a keychain loop on them. I would be able to plug that adaptor into any computer and Bluetooth files to my Treo's onboard SD card. This would give me instant flexibility for that information, it would keep it portable (doc files, xls files, ect), AND it would keep me from having one set of crap on a flash drive and another set of crap on my Treo. I would have access to EVERYTHING all the time. I bet if you really wanted to be cool, the Bluetooth software could let you bum an internet connection from the host computer to check email, internet, and other stuff...just an idea.
    (DAMN I wish I could program....lol)

What do you guys think? Are there any Bluetooth junkies out there that could help me with this?
    ~Steve
    Get @ me
    Quote Originally Posted by hypesteve
    I would be able to plug that adaptor into any computer and Bluetooth files to my Treo's onboard SD card.
    Not sure if it would work the way you envision since the PC needs to have dedicated BT drivers installed/configured. I don't think you could get a true plug & play solution like you have with the USB drives.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    oh ok. I'm a pda veteran, but a true novice when it comes to bluetooth. I think its cool, i'm just trying to figure out a pratical way to use it.

thanks again mark.
    ~Steve
    Get @ me
    you could do that under one presumption- that the bluetooth adapter you have has drivers included with windows and the computer you're using has XP SP2. however i have never had simple plug and play with bluetooth. and you obviously would need to pair the devices cause that is done per computer and not per adapter. you'd also have horribly slow file transfers...
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Another option would be to get a dedicated USB SD card reader. It can be carried in your pocket and used with the Treo's SD card on virtually any PC when necessary since the drivers are built into the reader.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Other than having a key chain, all USB Bluetooth dongles can do file transfer between your computer and your Treo. When you install the dongle drivers and do the device discovery you'll have several options. you can select one, or all of them:
    -Audio gateway
    - File transfer
    -Hotsync
    - Object push for business cards
    - Dialup networking
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    Another option would be to get a dedicated USB SD card reader. It can be carried in your pocket and used with the Treo's SD card on virtually any PC when necessary since the drivers are built into the reader.

I actually considered this as the first option and it is indeed a good idea. I know Lexar makes a keychain model and for the time being, I believe that this is probably the best solution. I guess I'll just give my flash drive to my girlfriend or something...lol.
    ~Steve
    Get @ me