Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    My Sprint replacement Treo 300's battery doesn't last nearly as long as it used to. Since I purchased Sprint's insurance, I took the 300 to Sprint. They took it in back, made me wait and then returned it to me claiming that there was nothing wrong. Then the CSR told me that the problem was that I was using the car charger. I use the car charger because the airlines lost my regular one. Does the car charger really make a difference? Does it cause the battery life to degrade? I searched the rest of this forum, but did not find anything exactly on point.
    Sounds like BS IMHO...
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    BTW the battery just sucks on the T300, I just got the T600, boy what a difference...
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maitre
    My Sprint replacement Treo 300's battery doesn't last nearly as long as it used to. Since I purchased Sprint's insurance, I took the 300 to Sprint. They took it in back, made me wait and then returned it to me claiming that there was nothing wrong. Then the CSR told me that the problem was that I was using the car charger. I use the car charger because the airlines lost my regular one. Does the car charger really make a difference? Does it cause the battery life to degrade? I searched the rest of this forum, but did not find anything exactly on point.
    The Treo battery (like all batteries) wears out after time. The Treo 300 battery life was never very good, even when the Treo 300 was a new product.

The only issue with the car charger was that early Sprint car chargers would cause the Treo to crash when the battery was extremely low/nearly dead. Using the car charger will not cause a problem (the charging is controlled by the Treo, not the car charger).

The only possible issue would be if, because you only charge in the car, the Treo 300 is off the charger more often (ie. at home, at work) then it is going to put a little more wear on the battery.

You probably need a new battery. If you don't want to use your insurance (which, IMHO, is a waste on a device as old as the Treo 300), you can pick up a new 950mAh Treo 300 battery on eBay for under $20 shipped. (The original Treo 300 battery was 850mAh, so this is about 10% longer life). It takes less than 5 minutes to change, even if you take your time.

If your Treo 300 is still under warranty Sprint should replace it, you should be firm and explain that the battery isn't lasting as long as it used to. This is their fault for selling a phone that does not have a user replaceable battery.