1.    #1  
    My phone indicated I received several emails and I did not address the popup indicator, instead letting the T650 auto-off because I was in a meeting. Later, I went into Chatter to see the messages, 4 of them, which were all unopened. The envelope with red line through it appeared in bottom right corner, telling me it was offline. I watched for a minute or two to see if it would come back online. Chatter would try to come online with the "Wait" appearing in the bottom right periodically (the green arrows were lit next to the signal strength indicator through the entire process). It repeated this several times with no reconnect (I know the Vision coverage is 100% from where I was at). During this time, Chatter was very slow in responding to any input including opening or navigating the menu... like it was stuck in molasses... just really slow. I "Reset Connections" which did nothing. I then did a "Shutdown and Disconnect". This exited Chatter and I started it up again thinking it would reconnect. Instead, I got a Sprint screen telling me my handheld needed to be configured for Vision services?!?!? Huh? The handheld tried to connect to Vision, but no luck as I was experiencing the "can't ever reconnect until you power cycle the modem" phenomenon.

Then, it just reset. On reset, Chatter started up as I have set in prefs, and connected to Vision with no difficulty. I went into Chatter and it was online and all changes I made via the web to my email account were now reflected in Chatter so the connection was definitely working. What's up with the slow response issue and the handheld telling me I need to configure Vision services?
    talkin73 - The only time I've ever seen that on my phone was when the network appeared to go down. It recovered as your did.

Sluggishness is never normal (except when using SSL in some bad connection situations). Why not send me a log?

Marc
    I had exactly the same issue as talkin73 several times last week. I had to disable Chatter as my whole system was becoming too unstable to deal with on a regular basis. I sure wish I could figure out what the problem is! I love Chatter, but always end up ditching it after a few days, then retrying when a new version comes out. The best one I used was right before 1.0. That was pretty stable for about a week.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    talkin73 - The only time I've ever seen that on my phone was when the network appeared to go down. It recovered as your did.

Sluggishness is never normal (except when using SSL in some bad connection situations). Why not send me a log?

Marc
    Marc, I'm pretty sure I sent it right after the problem. Unfortunately, it's about 1MB in size, but should be near the bottom (or top... whichever is most recent).
    I found upgrading eliminated most problems with Chatter Mail on my 650. The program is great. My only problem now is getting a new reg# because I had to do a clean install of the program and now I have a trial period again. Marc was great in his responses when I asked him for general tech support, but he's ignored 2 messages in 4 days from me asking for a new reg code. Marc, if you're following this thread, please reply to my emails. thanks.
    finkkatz - No, I haven't ignored any messages. I respond to reg code emails as soon as I see them. My guess is that the responses are spam blocked. Send me a request again and I'll reply here.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by curtiscarmack
    I had exactly the same issue as talkin73 several times last week. I had to disable Chatter as my whole system was becoming too unstable to deal with on a regular basis. I sure wish I could figure out what the problem is! I love Chatter, but always end up ditching it after a few days, then retrying when a new version comes out. The best one I used was right before 1.0. That was pretty stable for about a week.
    I am happy to report that version 1.0.2 has been pretty stable -- only a couple of resets, and no hangs. Probably means many of the problems were SSL related, as I believe this is what Marc did the most work on for this rev. Great work Marc!