1.    #1  
    I guess I was spoiled on my SE T616 in this area. With the SE, I could link the phone to Address Book, it would show me who was calling on screen, and I could place calls and send SMS messages. With Salling Clicker, I could control iTunes, Power Point, Keynote etc, act like a mouse, you name it. With Bluephone Elite, I could See the phone status, mute the ringer, see missed calls, use SMS as chat etc....

For me anyway, none of these programs work with the 650. Why not? and what a bummer that they do not, DUN issues aside, which also worked on the SE T616?

Do these apps work for anyone else?

Rotax
    Salling Clicker does work with the 650 as far as controling iTunes, mouse control, Mail app, QuickTime and others. As for apps like Bluephone Elite, well this is a limitation on the Palm side. I too would like an app like this to work with my 650 and Mac. Oh well maybe the Treo 700?
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    I think it's ridiculous that a device as expensive as the Treo 650 doesn't work with the Mac... What's the issue? Is it an issue with the BT on the Mac or on the Treo?
    It's a Palm issue. Other BT phone work with the Mac. The gripe is with Palm!
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Well I just got the 650 yesterday and have had no problems with Salling Clicker or syncing Address book or iCal.

What I can not get to work is the address book feature that will display incoming calls on the computer.

Its a little frustrating - I wonder how it all works with the SonyEricsson S710a
    There is currently an issue with Salling Clicker on unlocked GSM 650's, rendering it unusable. It seems to work fine on the Sprint and Cingular models, though, which have the older version of the 650 firmware.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    BluePhoneElite works to some extent with an unlocked GSM 650. See the adjoining thread on my experience with it.
    I'm using Bluephone elite with my Treo 650 (GSM/Cingular) and it works fine.
    ibeplato,
    How are you getting it to work? Can you share your settings?

Thanks
    ditto- mine just says 'connection in progress' and then times out. neat looking app though. bluephone elite, that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by rshah21
    ibeplato,
    How are you getting it to work? Can you share your settings?

Thanks
    Hi, you have to turn DUN on (which means you need the shadowmite.com DUN-enabled bluetooth replacement.

Once you turn DUN on, the fire up the BluePhoneElite application and it will work fine.
    ibeplato
    Got that far. However, when I dial a phone number from the mac, the speaker and microphone don't engage (it rings the person on the other side, they pick up, but they can't hear me). A note on the BPE site indicates they know this bug and are trying to find anyone that might have solved it. So if you can use your mac to control the phone, call someone and have them hear you - they want to talk to you

Thanks
    I turned on DUN (Sprint) and it still says signal strength 0 battery 0 etc. Doesn't seem to be actually connecting anywhere...
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ctbritt
    I think it's ridiculous that a device as expensive as the Treo 650 doesn't work with the Mac... What's the issue? Is it an issue with the BT on the Mac or on the Treo?
    The Treo 650 does not follow cellphone standards as STUPID as that is they decided to go their own way in impliment what they wanted hence some of the blue phone elite services "kinda" work. It's actually quite crippiled since I last used it same goes for Apple Address book services.
    It's not about whether or not the Treo 'follows cellphone standards'. It is a simple matter of which Bluetooth profiles Palm chose to support with the Treo 650. They support some of them, but not all of them, which results in the limitations noted above. This has been beaten to death (particularly in this Mac forum) so please search for other associated threads.