I'm a new Treo user - after syncing for the first time, there is a new spam email on VersaMail that I can't delete. When I try, the Treo crashes then reboots. Have tried hard reset, but it came back when I synced again. I'm on a Mac G4 Titanium PB - have never had a virus. Any ideas?
    thanks
    Yeah, this was the same problem I had with VersaMail on my Sprint Treo 650. Two possibilities. My solution: buy SnapperMail and never look back.

Alternatively, there is a thread on TreoCentral about how to delete all of the configuration files for VersaMail. You'll have to reconfigure, but at least you'll have a fresh start with no crashes (until next time VersaMail screws up).
    thanks - i'll look for the thread... not ready to buy another program yet - but the time may come if this continues...
    Quote Originally Posted by drmt
    thanks - i'll look for the thread... not ready to buy another program yet - but the time may come if this continues...

The VersaMail reset works for a while but you WILL get many many more frequent resets with VersaMail. Go ahead and save yourself the aggravation and buy SnapperMail. Each time you do the clean out the MultiMail attachments you have to go in and reconfigure your mail accounts. It's a pain in the ****. Mine would reset for weird reasons like going into sent mail or going into the deleted emails. It would not do it everytime but sporadically.
    I had the same problem with my Treo 600. Check the 600 forum for the fix. If I remember correctly, I had to delete something and setup the mail settings again.
    We are all dead, we just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by drmt
    I'm a new Treo user - after syncing for the first time, there is a new spam email on VersaMail that I can't delete. When I try, the Treo crashes then reboots. Have tried hard reset, but it came back when I synced again. I'm on a Mac G4 Titanium PB - have never had a virus. Any ideas?
    thanks
    Here's the link to palm support which explains how to fix the reboot issue.
    http://www.palmone.com/cgi-bin/cso_kbURL.cgi?ID=36541
    Unfortunately it does seem to come back. Setting your hotsync for VersaMail to do nothing helps with this.

Alteratively you can look at the thread started by LinuxGuy (search the name). This gives you the same info, more or less.

The palm one URL has a link to filez.

This thread is going to keep reappearing unless a moderator sticks LinuxGuy's thread to the top. Seems like the 650 requires a lot of sticky threads.