Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    As anyone reading this forum would know, I've been having pretty consistent problems with my unlocked 650 GSM along the lines of regular (about 2-3 times a day) reboots. The reboots are almost always while the phone is 'idle' and the #*377 report is almost always 'Fatal Exception' in whatever app happened to be running at the time (generally 'Applications', 'Phone' ...).

    So I'm now wondering if the problem might be with my actual phone, but sending it back to Singapore is a bit of a hassle, needless to say I can't 'prove' that there is actually anything wrong with it as it doesn't actually crash when Chatter isn't running (and retailers always give the usual line about not installing third-party software).

    So what I'm looking for is SOMEONE who has got Chatter running reliably (i.e. not crashing, rebooting, hanging...) on an unlocked 650 (or even a locked 650 GSM).

    I'm rather hoping it IS a problem with my handset as experience has shown P1 is unlikely to provide any software fixes in the near future. If it isn't a handset problem and is a more general GSM softare problem, that's going to be a bit of a problem for Mark in the long term...
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffreycross
    As anyone reading this forum would know, I've been having pretty consistent problems with my unlocked 650 GSM along the lines of regular (about 2-3 times a day) reboots. The reboots are almost always while the phone is 'idle' and the #*377 report is almost always 'Fatal Exception' in whatever app happened to be running at the time (generally 'Applications', 'Phone' ...).

    So I'm now wondering if the problem might be with my actual phone, but sending it back to Singapore is a bit of a hassle, needless to say I can't 'prove' that there is actually anything wrong with it as it doesn't actually crash when Chatter isn't running (and retailers always give the usual line about not installing third-party software).

    So what I'm looking for is SOMEONE who has got Chatter running reliably (i.e. not crashing, rebooting, hanging...) on an unlocked 650 (or even a locked 650 GSM).

    I'm rather hoping it IS a problem with my handset as experience has shown P1 is unlikely to provide any software fixes in the near future. If it isn't a handset problem and is a more general GSM softare problem, that's going to be a bit of a problem for Mark in the long term...

    I also have an unlocked GSM model, and I haven't been having any resetting issues. I'm trying to troubleshoot some Bluetooth quirks with a few specific apps, but otherwise all is well.

    I don't use Chatter, but I do have SnapperMail working just fine on mine. I didn't need to do anything to get networking set up on the device - it picked up all its connection settings from my Cingular SIM automatically and worked the first time.
  3. #3  
    geoffreycross - scottharris, webtoker, and skilover reported that they have been "very stable" with their GSM Treo 650. Perhaps you can "private mail" them or perhaps they will respond here.

    Are you using BT (i.e. have it enabled)? How about the others?

    Marc
  4. #4  
    I get the
    HALRadioAcDc.c Line:441, Host wake not assserted in time crash.
    Got it again this morning.
    I had an alarm set for 6.15am, maybe that was what was causing it?
  5. #5  
    Geoffreycross - can you post the ROM/Software version of your phone?
    I think I have a similar phone to you as Australia is supplied out of Singapore. Maybe that's the common link - a different firmware/software version that's giving us the problem?
  6. #6  
    osxman - Can you remind me again? Is BT enabled? How about SSL?

    Marc
  7.    #7  
    Yes, I have had the "HALRadioAcDc.c Line:441" problem once, although more typically it is just a "Fatal Exception".

    Fireware: 01.14
    Software: Treo650-1.05-ROW

    I'm not using SSL, and if I generally don't use BT (although I haven't seen any difference with or without it enabled, so perhaps that is one advantage of my phone).

    I've got a feeling that the 1.02 versions of the OS are slightly more stable with chatter, and most of the Asia allocation is running 1.05. See http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic/6811.0 for more on firmware versions.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffreycross
    Yes, I have had the "HALRadioAcDc.c Line:441" problem once, although more typically it is just a "Fatal Exception".

    Fireware: 01.14
    Software: Treo650-1.05-ROW

    I'm not using SSL, and if I generally don't use BT (although I haven't seen any difference with or without it enabled, so perhaps that is one advantage of my phone).

    I've got a feeling that the 1.02 versions of the OS are slightly more stable with chatter, and most of the Asia allocation is running 1.05. See http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic/6811.0 for more on firmware versions.
    I have the same firmware and software version on my unlocked GSM. I'm using BT quite a bit - I've been testing the BT DUN access from my desktop, moved a few files back and forth to check that, and I've paired it and used it with my car handsfree unit and my BT GPS unit. No resets so far, except for one when I tried to use an SSH client (pssh) on the Treo. It reset the Treo when authenticating to the server, so I removed the app and all's well now.

    The only problem I can't resolve yet is that Salling Clicker isn't working. The Treo connects successfully to the desktop over BT, but for some reason the menus aren't activated on the Treo (they appear, but aren't usable). At least one other unlocked GSM 650 user has reported the same thing over on the Clicker forums. I suspect some strangeness in the BT stack - each flavor of the 650 (Sprint, Cingular and unlocked) seems to have a unique BT config. I'm trying to help Salling diagnose the issue by testing on my Treo, but no luck so far.
  9. #9  
    I've got the Cingular 650, not the unlocked (Firmware 1.04, Software 1.02-CNG, Hardware A). I have BT enabled (I use a BT headset, BT GPS, and BT sync). Chatter hasn't been causing me problems. BackupMan, on the other hand, is a different story . . . (but a known issue, I know).
  10. #10  
    Just installed Chatter Email Friday night on my unlocked GSM Treo 650 and haven't had any issues with it. All's well!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    osxman - Can you remind me again? Is BT enabled? How about SSL?
    BT disabled and no SSL.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolio
    Just installed Chatter Email Friday night on my unlocked GSM Treo 650 and haven't had any issues with it. All's well!
    Koolio, can you post your firmware and software versions? We're trying to establish whether the Asia Pac GSM Treos work with ChatterEmail I think.

Posting Permissions