1.    #1  
    I have a Treo 600. All works well on a Mac G3 running OS 10.2.8 and Palm Desktop 4.1. I have a new (hand-me-down) G4 running 10.3.7 and Palm Desktop 4.1 and are having major issues hotsyncing on the G4.

All the data on the Treo hotsyncs on the G4 with the exception of around 20% or the addresses. The addresses do appear on the Treo and the G3...but, despite trying the fixes below, all hotsyncs on the G4 produce the same 'missing addresses' issue.

I've tried:
    1. Uninstalling the Palm Desktop/trashing the user folder and then reinstalling it from a download AND the Handspring CD...running permissions...and then a handheld to Mac sync.
    2. I've tried changing the connection from a USB hub to a direct USB connection with the Mac.
    3. I tried Palm Desktop 4.2.1 download as well....it did the same thing...

PLEASE HELP! I'm just not sure what's up with this.....
    Try using an export utility (check versiontracker.com) and see about using iSync/ Address Book+iCal see if that's at least functional to migrate you over to the G4
    A pay solution may not be what you're looking for, but I love Missing Sync.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    You can also try installing Palm Desktop from the Treo 600 CD from the Mac OS X Unix 'root' account. Before you can log on as root and install the software, you will have to enable the root account. You can get detailed info on how to enable and login as root from the Apple knowledge base. Once you have installed Palm Desktop, don't forget to go back and disable the root account.

Alan G
    I have a G4 powerbook and had the same problem. I set up hot sync with the current drivers from the apple site. I set up the conduits so neither the palm or the mac would overwrite each other and that solved the problem. Continue to sync with the palm syncing and it will automatically open hot sync at the same time. I did have the help of my local mac store that is privately owned. The people there are great with this sort of thing. They are in Peoria AZ. The store name is Mac Media. 623-850-8000. If you can't fix the problem in the way I discribed, give them a call and I'm sure they'll walk you through it. Do not pay for any program to fix this problem when all the software you need is free.
    You might also try your conduit settings, and specify overwriting. In other words, if the treo is missing the 20%, select "computer overwrites handheld" (paraphrased) Or, if the treo is not delivering all the addresses to the mac, select "handheld overwrites computer" After you sync this way once, you can select the standard syncronizing, from that point on. Don't sync with more than one computer, or you will have to overwrite again to not have duplicates. BTW, I use MissingSync, and curbcheck is right. If you don't need it, dont buy it. BUT....after you get the sync fixed, you might look at it for the future. Its a VERY cool app, but won't solve the problem you are having now. Oh, one more thing. I assume you DO have enough memory on your treo to handle everything you are putting in it?
    Last edited by rkevwill; 02/15/2005 at 12:06 AM. Reason: for content
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanG
    You can also try installing Palm Desktop from the Treo 600 CD from the Mac OS X Unix 'root' account. Before you can log on as root and install the software, you will have to enable the root account. You can get detailed info on how to enable and login as root from the Apple knowledge base. Once you have installed Palm Desktop, don't forget to go back and disable the root account.

Alan G
    So long as you're using an administrator account, you wouldn't need to do this. When the window pops up asking for the admin password, that is an authorization to run an app, or certain code, with root privileges. That's the whole reason why the root account is disabled in the first place. You don't need to use it.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    So long as you're using an administrator account, you wouldn't need to do this.
    Normally, with most Mac OS X applications, I've found this to be true. I have run across a few issues where installing from the root account was the only way to shoehorn Palm Desktop into the Mac.

Alan G
    Have you tried going into your Palm Users folder and changing the name of your most recent User Data file ( I'd make a copy, too for extra safety ) and then re sync with all of your conduit settings on Palm overriding the desktop? This will create a new User Data file and may eliminate any conflicts or corruptions that were causing you difficulties. I had to take these steps routinely with my Treo 300. If I were you' I'd run this by Palm Support. I have found them to be amazingly helpful.