Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My treo 650 resets a lot (sound familiar?) and when it resets there are a whole bunch of apps which will turn the radio on automatically. However, what I really wanted was an application which would only turn the radio on if it was turned on before the reset occurred. So if I'm on a plane and I have manually turned the radio off, I really don't want my treo rebooting and trying to start up the radio (and therefore send my plane spiralling towards the earth, or whatever else is supposed to happen if people try to use their phones in the air).

So attached is a little app I put together which does the following:

- If the radio is off and the phone resets, it will leave the radio off after reboot;
    - If the radio is on and the phone resets, it will automatically turn the radio back on again.

Run it to activate. Run it again to de-activate. Don't forget to de-activate the other apps (such as Chatter, Treohelper) which turn the radio on after a reset.

I'm not pretending this is the most amazing application you'll find for your phone, but it's not something I could find elsewhere and I find it quite useful.

And, of course, this is put together in an afternoon and comes with no warranties, documentation or other nonsense.

Let me know how you get on...

Geoff.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Hey Geoff;

Yesterday after a reset, my previously off radio turned back on.

Since I use Phone Technician to enable the radio after a reset I wondered if someone had developed a "smart" radio enable/disable utility yet...

I just enabled yours and tested it and it works as advertised!

Thank-you!
    Sometimes the phone will go off even without a reset,
    is it possible to have the app check at specified intervals
    if it's off, and turn it on again automatically?
    Sort of the opposite of Treohelper's "'Phone off if no coverage'"...
  4.    #4  
    Hmmm, never had the radio turn off without a reset. I'm not entirely sure how to distinguish that from a manual radio state change.
    It does happen occasionally to some of us :-( though rare, it's the worst thing
    that can happen to what is mainly a cell phone...
    You're right - it probably wouldn't make sense to include it in the same utility,
    but for someone that never turns the radio off manually, it would be really nice to have a utility that checked every 'n' minutes (user adustable) and turned it back on again if it sees that it's off.
    Quote Originally Posted by lemongrass
    It does happen occasionally to some of us :-( though rare, it's the worst thing
    that can happen to what is mainly a cell phone...
    You're right - it probably wouldn't make sense to include it in the same utility,
    but for someone that never turns the radio off manually, it would be really nice to have a utility that checked every 'n' minutes (user adustable) and turned it back on again if it sees that it's off.
    Battery life would take a serious hit. I wouldn't recommend it.
  7.    #7  
    Release 2

This version will turn the system sound off while it turns the radio on so that you don't hear that annoying noise whenever the phone reboots. After a short while (30 seconds) the system sound volumes will be returned to normal.

To upgrade, hotsync and then run the new application once (you will get a message telling you that the internal database has been updated).
    Nice app! Would you mind adding to PalmGear.com? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    have been using Radio State over the last few days and I have a feature request. Can you delay the restore of the radio state to approximately 30 seconds after the Treo has completed booting?

Since installing the program, I have noticed that the radio is turned on during the boot sequence, even before the Palm logo has disappeared from the screen. I believe that this is causing problems with various programs as I am experiencing some issues that I did not experience before installation.

I really like the app and as far as I can tell it is the only app that does a "smart" restore of the phone state with other programs it is an all or nothing proposition (either the phone is turned on after ever reset or it is not turned on at all after a reset). I hope that this single issue can be addressed.

Regards.
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoninKSB
    have been using Radio State over the last few days and I have a feature request. Can you delay the restore of the radio state to approximately 30 seconds after the Treo has completed booting?

Since installing the program, I have noticed that the radio is turned on during the boot sequence, even before the Palm logo has disappeared from the screen. I believe that this is causing problems with various programs as I am experiencing some issues that I did not experience before installation.

I really like the app and as far as I can tell it is the only app that does a "smart" restore of the phone state with other programs it is an all or nothing proposition (either the phone is turned on after ever reset or it is not turned on at all after a reset). I hope that this single issue can be addressed.

Regards.
    I have noticed and experienced the same problems as stated above. Great product none the less.

thx dean
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffreycross
    My treo 650 resets a lot (sound familiar?) and when it resets there are a whole bunch of apps which will turn the radio on automatically. However, what I really wanted was an application which would only turn the radio on if it was turned on before the reset occurred. So if I'm on a plane and I have manually turned the radio off, I really don't want my treo rebooting and trying to start up the radio (and therefore send my plane spiralling towards the earth, or whatever else is supposed to happen if people try to use their phones in the air).

So attached is a little app I put together which does the following:

- If the radio is off and the phone resets, it will leave the radio off after reboot;
    - If the radio is on and the phone resets, it will automatically turn the radio back on again.

Run it to activate. Run it again to de-activate. Don't forget to de-activate the other apps (such as Chatter, Treohelper) which turn the radio on after a reset.

I'm not pretending this is the most amazing application you'll find for your phone, but it's not something I could find elsewhere and I find it quite useful.

And, of course, this is put together in an afternoon and comes with no warranties, documentation or other nonsense.

Let me know how you get on...

Geoff.
    Try this app (see attached files)
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    Rob,

I tried that app and found it quite usefull. However I remember it needing to be registered. Is that correct? If so Radiostate is freeware.

thanks,
    dean
    I remember a phone/radio-on utility that had big colored buttons on it. I can't seem to find it now. Does anyone know which app I might be ambigiously talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by deanfx
    Rob,

I tried that app and found it quite usefull. However I remember it needing to be registered. Is that correct? If so Radiostate is freeware.

thanks,
    dean
    Oh, I didn't realize that the OP was looking for a freeware app. But, PowerUp is only $5.00, so it might qualify for some people as a negligible purchase.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleu
    I remember a phone/radio-on utility that had big colored buttons on it. I can't seem to find it now. Does anyone know which app I might be ambigiously talking about?
    dude, you are looking for TreoOffOn. I believe you can download it form mytreo.net.
    Guys, these are all alternate solutions and none work as well as RadioState. Even the author of TreoOffOn admitted that the "smart" restore of the wireless mode is buggy and almost removed it totally altogether.

All it takes is for the author to extend the time before RadioState kicks in by another 10 seconds or so. That way everyone can enjoy his marvellous app.
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    Ok for a Treo 600 as well? I guess the best way to find out is to go for it but thought I'd ask the developer before doing so. thanks.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    you tell 'em rudychow.

I like TreoOffOn too but its radio on after reset feature is no Radio State replacement. Hopefully geoffreycross will pick up on this thread and provide a fix. JOY!
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    geoffreycross, anything new? Thanks
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    Ok for a Treo 600 as well? I guess the best way to find out is to go for it but thought I'd ask the developer before doing so. thanks.
    It should work on the 600, although I don't have one to test it on...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast