1.    #1  
    How long should you do for the first few charge on your 650?

Does it need to be 10 hrs or so for the 1st two charges?
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    charge it until the light turns green. that's all it needs.
    morris stalk
    Does ANYONE even open the manual?

Page 6:"Wait for the indicator light to turn green. This may take up to 4 hours."
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Does ANYONE even open the manual?

Page 6:"Wait for the indicator light to turn green. This may take up to 4 hours."
    I know it shows in the manual...but from my previous experience on the cell phone and else with LiON or NiMH battery, it's good to charge for 10-14 hrs for the first two times..to push the limit.
  5.    #5  
    Charging your Treo an extra 8 or 10 hours the first time does nothing. Once the green light goes on, the circuity in the Treo stops charging the battery to prevent overcharging and overheating the battery.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Charging your Treo an extra 8 or 10 hours the first time does nothing. Once the green light goes on, the circuity in the Treo stops charging the battery to prevent overcharging and overheating the battery.
    Well sorta... by design, it should switch from deep charging mode to trickle charge mode. Deep charges typically count as a charge cycle, topping off by trickle charge typically does not.

There are many schools of thought on what's "best" for the battery... I usually treat the first charge with respect and let it go for several hours before playing with the device.