Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    Hi Folks,

    I'm new to the Treo World. I'm hoping someone out there can help me with an issue my two day old Treo 650 is having. It worked perfectly for a day & a half. Then it started hanging between applications. So I soft reset it & I couldn't connect to AT&T/Cingular wireless network after that. It says it does not have enough battery power to connect. I checked & it had 75%. So, I soft reset it again...same error. I charged it to 100%...same error. Took the simcard & battery out...no luck. Hard reset it...same error. I love the device as a whole...but is it a lemon???

    Thanks
    mocha
    Jornada->Palm Vx->Clie C760->Clie t615->TT->TC->T2->T3->T2->T3->hx4700->Treo650
  2. #2  
    I just got my unlocked GSM 650 today, and I am having the same problem. Full battery, but it says "Not enough power to activate phone." What's going on?!?!?
  3. #3  
    Wow, never heard that before - except maybe from Scotty - "not enough power captain!!!" That really sounds like a bad phone. I would do a hard reset and try to connect. If you get that error message, I'd say a call to your carrier/supplier and a request for a replacement are in order. Sorry.
  4. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mocha
    Hi Folks,

    I'm new to the Treo World. I'm hoping someone out there can help me with an issue my two day old Treo 650 is having. It worked perfectly for a day & a half. Then it started hanging between applications. So I soft reset it & I couldn't connect to AT&T/Cingular wireless network after that. It says it does not have enough battery power to connect. I checked & it had 75%. So, I soft reset it again...same error. I charged it to 100%...same error. Took the simcard & battery out...no luck. Hard reset it...same error. I love the device as a whole...but is it a lemon???

    Thanks
    I had this problem as well. My phone is Sprint model though. I can't remember what I did to fix it. I think it was an app. that caused the problem. List what you have installed and I might be able to pick out the offending app.
  5. raziel's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    #5  
    He said he did a hard reset and still had the same problem, so I doubt it's a software issue. Multiple people with multiple problems... what a terrible omen and yet we still hear nothing from Palm.
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaver99
    He said he did a hard reset and still had the same problem, so I doubt it's a software issue. Multiple people with multiple problems... what a terrible omen and yet we still hear nothing from Palm.
    Keep it in perspective - remember that posters here are a tiny, tiny fraction of Treo users overall, and that most people that post here do so BECAUSE they have a problem, so it gives a skewed perspective. I've seen the same thing happen time and time and time again with every Palm product.

    And even here were most problems are discussed, the majority of those have to do with software installs/3rd party apps. Even if 50 or 100 people posting here reported bad phones "out of the box", that is just a fraction of the thousands and thousands being sold. I think the Treo overall is a magnificent product. Add the carrier issues (Sprint, Cingular, etc.), software issues (Versamail, YUCK!, 3rd party stuff, old software, upgrading from older palms, etc.) and you have your typical user computing device.

    Yes, there are many people out there that the Treo 650, quite simply put, works fine.
  7. #7  
    I disagree. I've had 4 treos now. 3 of which were complete crap. 1 of which is pending.
    Using fuzzy logic that means %75 of phones are crap. These stories of people with no problems are stories of people who don't DO anything and don't KNOW when their phone is broken. Add that into the people who post equation. Dozens of software issues aside, I've seen many physical issues. This proves to me that big corporations are the downfall of our civilization.

    That's MY perspective.
  8. #8  
    Thank you for calling me an ***** who is way too stupid to realize that I should be having problems with my shiny new toy.

    It does appear that there are some quality control problems, and you seem to be unluckier than most, but please direct your anger elsewhere. You don't need to direct it at me and the others like me who don't have problems.

    Tom
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro869
    I disagree. I've had 4 treos now. 3 of which were complete crap. 1 of which is pending.
    Using fuzzy logic that means %75 of phones are crap. These stories of people with no problems are stories of people who don't DO anything and don't KNOW when their phone is broken. Add that into the people who post equation. Dozens of software issues aside, I've seen many physical issues. This proves to me that big corporations are the downfall of our civilization.

    That's MY perspective.
    Wow, that IS fuzzy logic!!! I have the following loaded on my Treo

    Chatter
    Converter
    dbScan
    DocstoGo 7.003 (SD card)
    eReader 2.5.3
    eWallet 4.01
    Fileman 3.0
    KB Lights
    LEDOff
    Loan Pro 3.0
    MobileDB 4.0
    RealPlayer
    Versamail 3.0
    Blazer
    Tide Tool
    PocketChess Deluxe 2.5 (SD Card)
    Frobnitz (to play the orginal Zork series on my Palm - SD Card)
    Zap!2016 (SD Card)
    BackupBuddy VFS Pro 3.07 (SD Card)
    BatteryDr (gets rid of the green data lines (connection) on PDA poweroff)
    TreoGuard (prevents accidental answering of phone while taking out of holster)
    dBScan (checks for corruption in the calendar database)
    TealScript (G1 strokes anywhere on the screen - wooohooo!!!!)
    Uninstall Manager
    Cleanup
    Adobe Acrobat Reader 3.05 (SD Card)
    PXAClocker (systemwide speed not used - only individual apps)
    VFSMark
    Cardspeed
    Benchmark

    So since I only had to go through one device and its ROCK SOLID, using the "fuzzy logic" then 100% of Treos are AWESOME!

  10. #10  
    Had this argument before with somebody else. Seems to me that anyone with the urge to buy a telephone like this, and the bucks to do it, is gonna realize that there is a place like TreoCentral.com. Maybe they all do, and the majority of the things do work out of the box, and people ain't posting cuz they are not having any problems. No way to predict that, even with "fuzzy logic"...

    We ARE seeing posts from lots of people who are having big-time trouble out of the box. If anything, I think I'm seeing many more posts like that with the GSM TREO 650 than the Sprint CDMA version. And I had such high hopes PalmOne would fix the thing by the time the GSM rolled out.

    Can we all agree on some things here, rather than snipe like a bunch of spoiled brats? First, many of the TREO 650's do work OK out of the box. Second, many don't, and there seems to be a pretty high rate of reported DOA TREO's. Third, PalmOne needs to address the issues. Anybody disagree with this? Good.
  11. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaver99
    He said he did a hard reset and still had the same problem, so I doubt it's a software issue. Multiple people with multiple problems... what a terrible omen and yet we still hear nothing from Palm.
    Whoops, did not read close enough.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by GWB
    ...
    Can we all agree on some things here, rather than snipe like a bunch of spoiled brats? First, many of the TREO 650's do work OK out of the box. Second, many don't, and there seems to be a pretty high rate of reported DOA TREO's. Third, PalmOne needs to address the issues. Anybody disagree with this? Good.
    I'm going to disagree.

    I would say there is a high rate of failure of those who POST here. That is a very different proposition. Treocentral posters are a fraction of Treo users overall.

    I will agree Palm should be a bit more responsive.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    I'm going to disagree.

    I would say there is a high rate of failure of those who POST here. That is a very different proposition. Treocentral posters are a fraction of Treo users overall.

    I will agree Palm should be a bit more responsive.
    That's kinda what I meant by reported... So we agree on that. Haven't a clue on the percentage of TREO users that post, but the question really is are they a representative sample of the whole TREO population??? You would have to know how many they sold first...

    As for "a bit more responsive", well, even a little teeny tiny bit would be better than nothing, I guess....

Posting Permissions