Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Are there any MUST-HAVE applications for the MacOSX using population with T650's?

Thanks?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    For Mac OS X in general? Or in relation to using a Treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by sumorai
    For Mac OS X in general? Or in relation to using a Treo?
    he said "with T650's"
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    he said "with T650's"
    I'm well aware of that, but it was not very clear IMHO. The way I read it seemed like he was asking the Mac Treo 650 community for advice on "must have" apps. Is the application "with 650s", or is the population "with 650s".

There's LOTS of apps for Mac OS X that are useful in general. I can imagine only relatively few that are useful specifically with Treos in general, or the 650 specifically.

What else do you really need besides Palm Desktop and Missing Sync?
    Quote Originally Posted by sumorai

What else do you really need besides Palm Desktop and Missing Sync?
    I think that's what he was asking?
  6.    #6  
    I apologize for the seeminly nebulous query.
    This section is for Mac OS X people who use some Treo. I now own my 1st Treo, a 650 and would like to know if there is any software that comes highly recommended by OS X users in conjunction with their T650's.

For example, I want to know if there is a solution for getting my .Mac email pushed real time. I clicked the setting on my T650 for ActiveSync and I keep getting errors. I just put my settings into VersaMail and it's not working too well. I'm sure there are more PC options available than Mac options for this situation as others, especially getting movies from my Mac to my T650.

Thanks,
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    No "real time" push for you .mac email. You could look at www.good.com
    Chatter Mail checks for mail in the background it's not "real time" push. The only way to get "real time" push is from the server. I use SnapperMail Enterprise edition for excellent IMAP support with my .mac mail, and auto checks every hour. As for other mac app for the Treo, we have quite a few.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    One application available for Mac users - pinstall!

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=1&prodID=7146

Allows you to download an app to your Treo without doing a complete hot sync. Quick and easy. One of my favorites!

In fact, good enough for a separate thread...hmmm
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by imageone
    No "real time" push for you .mac email. You could look at www.good.com
    Chatter Mail checks for mail in the background it's not "real time" push. The only way to get "real time" push is from the server. I use SnapperMail Enterprise edition for excellent IMAP support with my .mac mail, and auto checks every hour. As for other mac app for the Treo, we have quite a few.
    I downloaded the trial for SnapperMail and haven't got it working right. I started with the VersaMail, but it doesn't work for me with ActiveSync. Why don't you have your email checked more often? Is there a big hit on the battery?

Thanks
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    If you change to a an IMAP server that supports Idle, then you can do true push with Chatter. FastMail works wonderfully for that. Otherwise, Chatter is still the best overall IMAP client, IMHO, and I've used Snaper & Versamail extensively. Snapper is the most stable right now and has nice options for storing old mail on a card. But it's slow. Veramail is ok but feature weak and occassionaly causes resets. Chatter's IMAP implemenation is by far the best with the best true syncing of the inbox and other folders. Even as a "pull" client it is the fastest to dowload. It also works in the background, so you can use other apps while its working or just turn it off. Marc, the developer, continues to fine tune it every week. It's a tad less stable than it should be on the 650, w/ occasional resets, but no worse that Versamail and it's betting better weekly. It's the only program designed specifically for the Treo 600 series and specifically for IMAP, so it's optomized in a way the others aren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    I downloaded the trial for SnapperMail and haven't got it working right. I started with the VersaMail, but it doesn't work for me with ActiveSync. Why don't you have your email checked more often? Is there a big hit on the battery?

Thanks
    There's a free conduit for VersaMail out there that works like a dream - http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/16131

I used to use that with my Palm V
    Quote Originally Posted by Typo Lad
    There's a free conduit for VersaMail out there that works like a dream - http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/16131

I used to use that with my Palm V
    I've always found QueueSoft to make flaky products. If you have an IMAP email account you don't really need a conduit.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileGuy
    If you change to a an IMAP server that supports Idle, then you can do true push with Chatter. FastMail works wonderfully for that. Otherwise, Chatter is still the best overall IMAP client, IMHO, and I've used Snaper & Versamail extensively. Snapper is the most stable right now and has nice options for storing old mail on a card. But it's slow. Veramail is ok but feature weak and occassionaly causes resets. Chatter's IMAP implemenation is by far the best with the best true syncing of the inbox and other folders. Even as a "pull" client it is the fastest to dowload. It also works in the background, so you can use other apps while its working or just turn it off. Marc, the developer, continues to fine tune it every week. It's a tad less stable than it should be on the 650, w/ occasional resets, but no worse that Versamail and it's betting better weekly. It's the only program designed specifically for the Treo 600 series and specifically for IMAP, so it's optomized in a way the others aren't.
    I haven't try Chatter since early 1 beta, but I have a .mac account and it doesn't support "idle command". I think Chatter is a good email client for some people, just not me, right now anyway. I just can't get use to the interface for one. Snapper seems much cleaner, and the big thing is full SD Card support. I keep hundreds of email on my Treo, but only one day's worth in memory at a time, the rest stores on the card.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    </body>
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by imageone
    I haven't try Chatter since early 1 beta, but I have a .mac account and it doesn't support "idle command". I think Chatter is a good email client for some people, just not me, right now anyway. I just can't get use to the interface for one. Snapper seems much cleaner, and the big thing is full SD Card support. I keep hundreds of email on my Treo, but only one day's worth in memory at a time, the rest stores on the card.
    How often do you have your Treo check for email with Snapper?
    Do you use the ActiveSync?
    If so, how did you get it to work with .Mac?
    I just want to get email relatively fast after it's sent to me. Is within 5 or 10 minutes realistic?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drrjv
    Allows you to download an app to your Treo without doing a complete hot sync. Quick and easy. One of my favorites!
    of course, you can also use Bluetooth File Exchange to do the same thing...

Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    How often do you have your Treo check for email with Snapper?
    Do you use the ActiveSync?
    If so, how did you get it to work with .Mac?
    I just want to get email relatively fast after it's sent to me. Is within 5 or 10 minutes realistic?
    I use AGENDUS mail and works great with my .Mac account. You can set it bring email every whatever minute on to your treo.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    I use AGENDUS mail and works great with my .Mac account. You can set it bring email every whatever minute on to your treo.
    I was just reading through the threads and found a page on Agendus, so I went to their site. It looks interesting. Are you able to sync easily, using MSync, with iCal & Address Book? If so, that would also solve my email .Mac situation
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    Anything from SplashData is recommended. They've supported OS X from day one.

I recommend AGAINST Missing Sync. Low value, high CPU and buggy. Sorry Markspace, it's not personal.
    I second the post about SplashData. The SplashWallet Suite (Money, ID, Photo and Shopper) was a great way to spend $60 of the free $100 from Sprint. Easy export from Quicken to Money and ID & Shopper have great desktop tools. I haven't gotten Photo to sync well on the Mac desktop yet but that is a minor inconvenience.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    sorry to hijack but if I am going to be trying to sync hotmail and my .mac account which would be the best mail app? I am not real familiar with the diff between imap, pop3, etc so would really appreciate a recommendation. Also, I plan to sync with ical and address book, any problems with this, or tricks, I really like the interface where I can have home,work, and school calendars.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast