Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Splashdata apps work well with Mac. I particularly like Splash ID and Splash Shopper. Splash Photo doesn't offer much over the Treo 650 viewer and Splash Money doesn't directly sync with Quicken.

Pocket Quicken syncs excellently with Quicken, without the hassle of Spash Money.

DocsToGo from the Treo 650 CD also works fine with Mac.

There's also apparently a good app for virtually controlling your Apple computer that's been mentioned on this board.

Finally, opt for a card reader over missing sync, which I have found to be very buggy.
    if your mac has Bluetooth, the get Salling Clicker and control your mac from your treo
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    I use AGENDUS mail and works great with my .Mac account. You can set it bring email every whatever minute on to your treo.
    But does it do so in the foreground, or like Chatter in the background? Chatter has been working great, with the expection of locking up my Treo on the few times that I don't click <OK> when I get a notification.

Do you think Agendus Pro is worth the $40??
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Highly recommend Kinoma Producer and Player. It's a great way to get those DVDs onto the 650 from OS X with very little trouble. I tried some of the free workarounds like quicktime pro, etc. and my videos just weren't as good, nor as easy to create. You can get $5 off Kinoma with the coupon code "Treonauts5" (no qoutes).
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    is there any place to get pocket quicken for less than 40$? a coupon for anywhere or anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katway
    Highly recommend Kinoma Producer and Player. It's a great way to get those DVDs onto the 650 from OS X with very little trouble. I tried some of the free workarounds like quicktime pro, etc. and my videos just weren't as good, nor as easy to create. You can get $5 off Kinoma with the coupon code "Treonauts5" (no qoutes).

Forget Kinoma...
    Get Handbrake - Its free
    http://handbrake.m0k.org/
    works very well and in conjunction with QT you can easily convert files to the .3gp format for your Treo 650
    "If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier - just so long as I'm the dictator."
    George W Bush

"The victor will never be asked if he told the truth"
    "Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it"
    Adolf Hitler

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts"
    Abraham Lincoln
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonnigel
    Forget Kinoma...
    Get Handbrake - Its free
    works very well and in conjunction with QT you can easily convert files to the .3gp format for your Treo 650
    Doesn't that require QT Pro, which is not free?

Even though I do have QT Pro, I still prefer Kinoma since handbrake often crashes on my Mac for some reason and Kinoma has been extremely reliable as well as user friendly.
    Doesn't that require QT Pro, which is not free?

Even though I do have QT Pro, I still prefer Kinoma since handbrake often crashes on my Mac for some reason and Kinoma has been extremely reliable as well as user friendly.
    Yeah it requires QT Pro but I am assuming you already have purchased that as QT Pro is an essential part of the system
    Im interested about the crashes in Handbrake, its never crashed on me ever... I use a G5 duel with 2Gig of RAM and get about 50fps on the rip time...
    "If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier - just so long as I'm the dictator."
    George W Bush

"Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it"
    Adolf Hitler

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts"
    Abraham Lincoln
  9.    #29  
    Forget Kinoma...
    Get Handbrake - Its free
    I have QT Pro, so what are you converting your files into, AND what are you playing them with on your 650?? MMplayer has been causing crashes for me(I have the demo only). I'm still deciding between MMPlayer and Kinoma.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    I have QT Pro, so what are you converting your files into, AND what are you playing them with on your 650?? MMplayer has been causing crashes for me(I have the demo only). I'm still deciding between MMPlayer and Kinoma.
    OK Here goes...

1. Insert DVD into Mac
    2. Start Handbrake
    3. Rip DVD into hard drive
    4. Open ripped DVD in QT Pro
    5. Go to Export under file menu or press Apple E
    6. Export using 'Movie to 3G' setting
    7. Set the settings as follows:

Video Setting:
    Video - MPEG-4
    Data rate - 192
    Frames per second - 15
    Key Frame - 24
    Size - Custom 320x240

Audio:
    Audio - play with this, sometimes I find the (music) setting better and sometimes I find the (speech) setting better depending on the media

Leave all the other settings as they are...

When the file is converted I just pop it onto my SD card and play it through the Pics and Video app on the Treo 650...
    Hope this helps
    George W Bush

Adolf Hitler

Abraham Lincoln
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Pretty much my setup here. Also on the Mac side, if it wasn't mentioned before:
    http://members.cox.net/flixtonsoftware/TreoCallLog/
    Read the documentation, and it'll be easier.

Splashdata apps work well with Mac. I particularly like Splash ID and Splash Shopper. Splash Photo doesn't offer much over the Treo 650 viewer and Splash Money doesn't directly sync with Quicken.

Pocket Quicken syncs excellently with Quicken, without the hassle of Spash Money.

DocsToGo from the Treo 650 CD also works fine with Mac.

There's also apparently a good app for virtually controlling your Apple computer that's been mentioned on this board.

Finally, opt for a card reader over missing sync, which I have found to be very buggy.
    I have a big long list of Mac-Treo applications that is so large, I hesitate to even post it. Maybe in a different thread and then have a moderator make it sticky. We could add to it and update it periodically. I am sure there are apps that I have not listed that might be good to add.

Or should I just post it here?
    Mac User with (fairly new) Sprint Treo 650.
    Archie:
    I vote "post it here" and hopefully get a mod. to move/make it a mac forum sticky.
    Also, please post what you are currently using app. wise and maybe how stable your setup is with it.
    Thanks in Advance,
    PRPRPR
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by pizzarascal
    Archie:
    I vote "post it here" and hopefully get a mod. to move/make it a mac forum sticky.
    Also, please post what you are currently using app. wise and maybe how stable your setup is with it.
    Thanks in Advance,
    PRPRPR
    I second the motion. This trial and error process is too time consuming and painful. I for one would really appreciate it!
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    But does it do so in the foreground, or like Chatter in the background? Chatter has been working great, with the expection of locking up my Treo on the few times that I don't click <OK> when I get a notification.

Do you think Agendus Pro is worth the $40??
    Personally, if i may cut in, I love Agendus. I'm not a big fan of Agendus Mail, gave me many a reset problem. They may have a newer version now though...

And a non Treo, but still Mac question for all:
    Does anyone know of a player that knows what an .ape file is? I have a .flac plugin for MacAmp Lite, but I can't find any player or plugins for .ape files.

Anyone? Anyone??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    ...Does anyone know of a player that knows what an .ape file is? I have a .flac plugin for MacAmp Lite, but I can't find any player or plugins for .ape files.

Anyone? Anyone??
    click
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
    OK Here goes...

1. Insert DVD into Mac
    2. Start Handbrake
    3. Rip DVD into hard drive
    4. Open ripped DVD in QT Pro
    5. Go to Export under file menu or press Apple E
    6. Export using 'Movie to 3G' setting
    7. Set the settings as follows:

Video Setting:
    Video - MPEG-4
    Data rate - 192
    Frames per second - 15
    Key Frame - 24
    Size - Custom 320x240

Audio:
    Audio - play with this, sometimes I find the (music) setting better and sometimes I find the (speech) setting better depending on the media

Leave all the other settings as they are...

When the file is converted I just pop it onto my SD card and play it through the Pics and Video app on the Treo 650...
    Hope this helps
    carbonage,
    thank for the howto.
    it really helps us dumb guys.

in the video panel of qtpro export prefs, "custom" size is grayed out.
    2 smaller sizes are all that is available.

any thoughts, anyone?
    Last edited by iBug; 03/11/2005 at 10:38 PM.
    iBug

----------
    Quote Originally Posted by iBug
    Thanx for the help. But I've tried PureAudio before, and I couldn't get it to play .ape files (even though it is supposed to.) All i get are pops.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Thanx for the help. But I've tried PureAudio before, and I couldn't get it to play .ape files (even though it is supposed to.) All i get are pops.
    they update it quite a bit, so you might try a newer version.
    iBug

----------
    Quote Originally Posted by iBug
    they update it quite a bit, so you might try a newer version.
    Unfortunately, I still can't get it working. I guess I'll just convert my files on my PC and transfer them over. Thanx anyways!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast