1.    #1  
    What do you guys think? Other than palm having a lot more apps?
    P910a is basically 262k screen, and 850...no EDGE, and KB is useless...no competition...Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    P910a is basically 262k screen, and 850...no EDGE, and KB is useless...no competition...Treo 650
    If you need a solid phone with minor PDA functions ,i.e contacts , meetings
    appointments etc. Go for it .
    If you need email/chatting , web browsing ,more complex PDA functions think about T 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by tulz43
    What do you guys think? Other than palm having a lot more apps?
    I currently own both, although I am selling my P910a. Not because it's not a great device - more because the Treo is the newer gadget, and because (it appears) Palm seems to do a better job supporting the product here in the states.

The P910 is a kickass phone. There are (already) a lot of things I miss about it. The Treo is also pretty cool, but they are different devices. Email me if you have specific questions and I'll try to answer them.

- k
    I've owned both as well, but my P910 finally went on the eBay auction block.

The P910 is a very good device, just not up to par with the Treos (600 or 650). One major issue I had with the P910 was that the keyboard was not backlit, which made it completely useless in the dark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovation2
    I've owned both as well, but my P910 finally went on the eBay auction block.

The P910 is a very good device, just not up to par with the Treos (600 or 650). One major issue I had with the P910 was that the keyboard was not backlit, which made it completely useless in the dark.
    That reason alone would be enough for me to stay away...
    1 | 2
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    I had a P900. Was probably the best phone I ever had. Symbian software selection isn't as large as Palm and Pocket PC but the developer support for it was just incredible.
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    I seriously considered the P910, but for me a qwerty keyboard was must have in any device and the P910's qwerty keyboard is useless. (I tried one in my local Fido shop and it's basically unusable.) The treo screen from all account is better (higher res) and that's a big plus for me. Finally the 910 is expensive, more than the 650 and the 650 isn't exactly a cheap phone. Honestly if I were going to spend that much money on a symbian phone I'd get the Nokia 9500 or 9300, even if they are big.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    ^^i was considering the 9300, before settling on the treo650.....the 9500&9300 are slooooooooow, well, if you need a fax, then it suits you....treo650 doesn't offer fax right?
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    On a positive note for the P9xx series, they WILL multitask! I own both - my treo purchase was prompted by the touchscreen dying on the P900 I own and availability of pocket quicken for Palm OS (nothing quite like it for symbian) but will probably keep both.

If you've never used agile messenger on the P900 you're missing out. AM supports PTT and sends .wav files to the recipient which is a huge advantage over typing replies. I like it better than versachat and hope that the folks at agile will bring a version with the same feature set to Palm OS.

Opera is available free for the P900 and is, imho, a superior browser than Blazer. Versa Mail and the mail application built into the P900 are about even though Versa Mail does a better job of letting me see the full subject and some of the html than the mail app on the P900 (though I hear the 910 supports html in email).

Also, the P900 supports voice tags out of the box and bluetooth headset voice dialing. I'm still trying to decide which of the applications I like best for the Treo.

The bluetooth stack in the P900 supports a host of functions that P1 left out of the treo. I can use it as a voice gateway meaning that I can pair it to a laptop and use it as a headset/mic if I want to. I can send and receive files from it, have never had an issue using it as a bluetooth modem when I can't get internet connectivity and can sync via bluetooth with a bit of futzing...

On the other hand I like the keyboard on the treo and am not missing scribbing notes or emails on the P900 (the 910 has a keyboard but I've gotten pretty good with Symbian's implementation of graphitti).

The Treo syncs via bluetooth more simply - with the P900 I have to enable/disable a serial port in their phone monitor app to get the phone to pair on a serial port and sync. The bluetooth stack in my laptop typically hangs after I do this.

The Treo has EDGE capability and the P9xx does not. Not all that important to me ATM as I'm going back to T-Mobile (one too many issues with Cingular service after business hours in the week I've owned their branded Treo) but will be by the end of the year once T-Mo gets their EDGE network in place.

Hmmm... other Treo pluses.... The speaker phone function is louder, I like Palm's calendar better, the wealth of applications....

It's a hard choice... Which is why I'll probably use both the P900 and the Treo 650 side by side for a while but will probably always wish that the Treo had some of the P900's features and vice versus.
    Agile Messenger 2.0 is available for Palm
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Yes, I know and I've tried it. While it is free it doesn't have the PTT feature which version 3.0 has for the P9xxx phones. The PTT feature makes it possible to send nearly hands free IM's via voice and receive voice IM's.

Hopefully Agile Mobile will update AM for PalmOS to version 3.x and include this feature.
  13.    #13  
    Thanks for all the replies. I think I'm still gonna stay with the t650.

It is also more mac friendly isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin4740
    hands free IM's via voice and receive voice IM's.

Isn't that kinda like a phone?

Ron
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBBRMADE
    Isn't that kinda like a phone?

Ron
    Nah, kinda like w walkie talkie actually. It does the "Nextel Thing" and you actually save on your minutes. I liked that feature.
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)