1.    #1  
    Hey dudes

I really appreciate any help and feedback

I hear a lot about the ROM patches - both Sprint and Shadowmite's

I bought the Treo 650 on Sprint when it was first released - I think that I installed the Sprint ROM Update (is there anyway to check this) -- but I haven't installed Shadowmite's ROM

So far, I'm pretty happy with the phone - everyone seems to say that they can hear me clearly - and the volume issues are pretty good, as long as I use a Scala 500

Anyhoo - should I go ahead and install the ROM patches - and if so, would anyone be kind enough to provide a link to those patches?

I'm only hesitant to do it, because I have heard that I would have to reload data upon my phone, and since i"m a Mac user, the iSync Palm data takes FOREVER to load upon the phone (were talking 4 hours)

THANK YOU!!! I appreciate any help!
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    there is confusion over this. I get emails from people asking me for answers too????

Faisal (a user here) was testing a sound patch in coperation with a palmone engineer. He shared that patch with some folks here (myself included). This was broken in this thread...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=sound+quality

Shadowmite (treo hacker extrordinaire) hacked that rom so that we might add and remove programs from that leaked rom. Palm got p!ssed and the engineer got in trouble and dropped contact with faisal (oh well). All of the roms on shadowmite's site (www.shadowmite.com) are derived from the ONE rom leaked by faisal.
    Quote Originally Posted by HasanDaddy
    I think that I installed the Sprint ROM Update (is there anyway to check this)
    There hasn't been any ROM updates from Sprint or PalmOne for the 650 yet. You might have installed one of the patches that have become available.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  4.    #4  
    dutch - thanks a TON for the explanation

would you recommend going ahead and installing that ROM? - does it improve the sound quality between bluetooth headsets?

THANKS
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    dutch - thanks a TON for the explanation

would you recommend going ahead and installing that ROM? - does it improve the sound quality between bluetooth headsets?

THANKS
    I would...it has helped the audio quality on both of our 650's a ton!!
  6.    #6  
    sweet - and one last question - will I lose all of my data when I install this patch? will I have to reload it?
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    sweet - and one last question - will I lose all of my data when I install this patch? will I have to reload it?
    you will have to perform a hard reset and restore from backup at the end of the process
  8.    #8  
    Is ROM #5 the one I want?

http://shadowmite.com/roms.html

THANKS - LOL, sorry for the constant question asking - I appreciate the help!
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    all except for the "original sprint restoration rom" have the audio patch. choose according to what combination you want of real, versa get bc, etc...

Looking at the chart you'll see a different configuration of apps buil tinto the rom.
  10.    #10  
    Thanks buddy!

Do these restoration instructions work all of the patches?

http://www.shadowmite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=77

I will likely do ROM #3 -- I'm tempted to do ROM with Realplayer (its untested), however, I never use RealPlayer...
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    they do...

Do you mean without? You already have real player. I made my own custom out of a minimum rom and added most of my small tool apps and DateBook 5 and UltraSoft Money
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    wow what a story.. i think faisal and shadowmite should start a company called
    Palm Two
    I would love to make a custom rom of apps that i really would use. But I have a GSM650 so I can't
    I have been receiving reprovisions from Sprint very often, so I think that they have been updating all along. No one seems to want to talk about that.

Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by VetPsychWars
    I have been receiving reprovisions from Sprint very often, so I think that they have been updating all along.
    Reprovisioning has nothing to do with the contents of ROM. It's the connection to the Sprint data network that gets provisioned. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $any$ $ROM$ $update$ $requires$ $a$ $hard$ $reset$ $to$ $activate$ $it$. $I$ $assume$ $after$ $your$ $reprovisioned$, $you$'$re$ $not$ $having$ $to$ $do$ $a$ $hard$ $reset$, $correct$?
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    they do...

Do you mean without? You already have real player. I made my own custom out of a minimum rom and added most of my small tool apps and DateBook 5 and UltraSoft Money
    Dutch - how do we go about adding programs to the ROM? Are there instructions for this?

THANK YOU
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    I think they're pushing patches. I don't think the actual "ROM" (it's obviously not read only) is getting updated.

I'd love to know what some of these programs are that I don't recognize.

Seems to me that it would be an easy way to send updated applications.

Tom
    I know this has been answered somewhere in the mega-thread, but if I apply one of the Shadowmite sound quality ROMs, what are the chances I'll have trouble IF/When/Maybe PalmOne ever comes out with their long-awaited Treo 650 patch?

BTW- I have the phone overlay of ShadowMite's which enables the Call-Duration display in my call history (among other things). That is cool as well!

Regards,
    ChickenHawk
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk
    I know this has been answered somewhere in the mega-thread, but if I apply one of the Shadowmite sound quality ROMs, what are the chances I'll have trouble IF/When/Maybe PalmOne ever comes out with their long-awaited Treo 650 patch?

BTW- I have the phone overlay of ShadowMite's which enables the Call-Duration display in my call history (among other things). That is cool as well!

Regards,
    ChickenHawk
    You should not have much of a problem if
    1. You put your ROM back to the original sprint ROM also available from Shadowmites site or
    2. Wait for Shadowmite to patch the new update so it can overwrite your already patched ROM on your phone.

So far the custom rom builder and custom roms will only work on the Sprint PCS Treo 650 since that is the only ROM updates that have been made available to Shadowmite. Once the GSM ROM updates and loader are available for Shadowmite to hack GSM users should also be able to create custom ROM's for their phones.

The splash screen/dialer pad mod's will work on either the Sprint PCS or GSM model Treo 650's by simply renaming the custom .prc file to the appropriate name.

The instructions for how to go back to original, create your own rom, or just download and load a pre-patched rom are all on Shadowmites site already, just look around a bit to find what you need to know!

-Shawn