Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok,

I got my unlocked gsm treo 650 today and inserted my sim, picked English and I got my first reset.

Tried connecting to web with TMO settings.....get reset

Tried installing uninstall mangager ..... got reset

Installed verichat....got reset

....turned wirless mode on....got reset

I have tried doing a hard reset and start over, but it still happens. Im so sad.
    Oh, man, sorry to hear you got a lemon.

I just got my unlocked GSM Treo 650 this past Thursday night and only had 2 resets (where the Treo did it on it's own while sitting on my desk) but I think that was b/c an OTA (over the air) update was pushed to it (I got the confirmation SMS right after the second reset/reboot). I have no idea where this OTA came from but I have it logged in my SMS Inbox. But, since then, it's been perfect (keeping my fingers crossed)! Oh, and I'm on T-Mobile, too.

I'm sure your second one will be just perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    call palmone...tell em
    Good idea. Tell us how it goes. Probably they will let you return it and send you another one in, oh, maybe 6 weeks or so. Maybe.
  4.    #5  
    on hold with them now.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman
    Ok,

I got my unlocked gsm treo 650 today and inserted my sim, picked English and I got my first reset.

I have tried doing a hard reset and start over, but it still happens. Im so sad.
    Oh man I feel for you. Waiting all this time for what? I will get mine on monday. I just hope that it doesn't act up. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by GWB
    Good idea. Tell us how it goes. Probably they will let you return it and send you another one in, oh, maybe 6 weeks or so. Maybe.
    ooo i have to check my sarcasim metre for this one

Yeah i know, i was thinking the same thing...because of the huge backlog, the replacement unit will probably arrive by the time North and South Pole interchange..

but i hope too as well, that my treo is fine...the QA/QC i swear with PalmOne has to be equal to that Motorola, and well in case youa re wondering, yes that is an insult
    mobileman, did you install over a 600 installation? See other posts - seems to be the cause of most resets. If you did, do a hard reset and install apps one by one until you find an offending program. (My unlocked 650 is perfect so far.)
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    The good thing is, if it is indeed a lemon, you will be getting a brand new 650. Unless they already have refurbished 650, in that case, you have to ask yourself where they are coming from?
    We are all dead, we just don't know it yet.
    Sounds like it could be the hardware, I feel for you!!

FYI, Verichat caused me nothing but problems on my Sprint 650. I would get the "spontaneous resets" where it would reset even though nothing was happening. Once I hard reset and never installed Verichat, it was stable as a rock and never reset in almost a month. I know others love this software but it was the one thing that was terrible for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mobileman
    Ok,

Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    weird, totally different from what i've read from the other thread, verichat doesn't cause any problem with their treo
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    ^fine, i know what to do! i'll just keep my mouth shut :P lol
    finally!!...geez but again im very surprised by this freakiness of the phone...im trying to remember something though...it probably wont help, but isnt there something above doing a hard reset....or was that just limited to the treo 600?
    ^i don't get you.....'something above hard reset' ? warm reset??
    geez....can't wait till monday and i'm free from this ppc.....ugh...well, its a nice device, vga...yada yada......blah....
    no what i mean in terms of "Resetting" the treo 6xx there is
    Soft Reset (push the reset pin)
    Warm Reset (Hard reset but you dont push UP)
    Hard Reset (Push UP)
    And then I remember there was battery disconnect for the Treo 600, i could have sworn they made something similar for the treo 650
  15.    #17  
    At first I thought it must be a problem with some 3rd party software, so I did a hard reset....cleared everything. After the reboot, it asks what language I wanted to use, I choose English, and it reset again. After that reset, there is no 3rd party software on it at all, and it resets whenever I turn on the wireless radio.

To my complete amazement, Palm is overnighting me a new one on Monday, with return instructions for the old one. So after waiting so long, I can wait alittle longer. To be honest, Im a little relieved that this is a bad unit, and the resets that Im getting isnt to be completed expected for the new one.

A couple things I noticed about the 650. The screen is as good as everybody says and the keyboard is much improved. The two things I dislike, is for one, to reset the device, you have to remove the battery lid. Also, the 5-way is not nearly as good as the one on the 600. Im having problems with the down part.
    Thats cool that palm is sending a new one over night. I guess there is at least a ray of sunshine shining thru the dreaded hurricane palm.
    takes a little while to get used to the new Dpad (I had the same issue about hitting down, because the Dpad is smaller), but I'm used to it now...good luck on the replacement
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Yes, I know but I can only speak for myself. I took it off because I could never get the MSN part to work. It would never login. After taking it off, the send function would cause the Treo to reset (when you install Verichat it puts itself as an option in sending just like bluetooth or email), so I had to hard reset it to fix things. Once I hard reset and install everything from scratch things were rock stable.

Thinking that it might be coincidence, I reinstalled Verichat and again I couldn't get the MSN login to work, and would get random resets where the Treo would reset itself just sitting there.

Hard reset, install from scratch again and no problems. I don't know what the issue is, but I know that Verichat was the kiss of death on my Treo 650. That's why I think that many of the stability issues people are complaining about are from third party apps. If people took the time to troubleshoot and install apps one at a time to isolate problems they might be amazed at what is causing them rather than just blaming P1.

Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    weird, totally different from what i've read from the other thread, verichat doesn't cause any problem with their treo
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast