Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Well, bcaslis, I have hard-reset to factory, have no third party apps and not even HotSync'edů and still, many resets. Phone (we call it 'radio'?) goes off by itself, Blazer will crash in the middle of a page download (try searching for 'treo 650 reset') and just plain random resets. Totally blows. Glad I ordered a second one; if that one bites, I'll just skip this whole 'smartphone' thing.

I've spent too many hours beta-testing for Palm.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Are you guys using the latest legal version of Verichat or the cracked version? My friend had the cracked and it was unstable as hell, but if you have the latest legal bought one, it works fine. Stop pirating software!
    Last edited by soulreaver99; 02/13/2005 at 12:17 AM.
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    ^that nails it!
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    I don't use cracked software, and I don't like being accused.

I used the latest download from their site. Don't call someone a thief unless you are prepared to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by soulreaver99
    Are you guys using the latest legal version of Verichat or the cracked version? My friend had the cracked and it was unstable as hell, but if you have the latest legal bought one, it works fine. Stop pirating software!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    All I say is the Sprint one I had was rock stable after I got rid of Verichat. If you are seeing these symptoms it sounds like faulty hardware. Hopefully your next one will function properly.

Quote Originally Posted by iomatic
    Well, bcaslis, I have hard-reset to factory, have no third party apps and not even HotSync'edů and still, many resets. Phone (we call it 'radio'?) goes off by itself, Blazer will crash in the middle of a page download (try searching for 'treo 650 reset') and just plain random resets. Totally blows. Glad I ordered a second one; if that one bites, I'll just skip this whole 'smartphone' thing.

I've spent too many hours beta-testing for Palm.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    I wasn't accusing you. I was asking a question and just pointed out that the cracked version crashes. If you're not doing funny stuff, don't freak out. http://www.rage3d.com/board/images/smilies/nag.gif
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
  7.    #27  
    I dont use cracked software, and if you read my post, you'll see that I did a hard reset and didnt reload anything, and I was still getting resets.
    When you get lemons, make lemonade.

Or in P1's case, make more lemons.
  9.    #29  
    On a hunch....I called back PalmOne today to make sure my new treo going out tommorow, and surprise.......that have no record of the conversation I had with them yesterday..No record of them shipping anything new out to me. They will now try to have it shipped out to me on tuesday.

How I long for the old Palm. They are a shell of their once former self.
    ^that's disappointing to say the least.
    1 | 2
    mobileman, get yourself a replacement, you've got a lemon
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman
    On a hunch....I called back PalmOne today to make sure my new treo going out tommorow, and surprise.......that have no record of the conversation I had with them yesterday..No record of them shipping anything new out to me. They will now try to have it shipped out to me on tuesday.

Wow that royally sucks. Don't they give you some sort of order numbr?
    Fine, but your message didn't say that. It said that Verichat works fine and only the cracked version is causing problems, therefore if you were having problems you must be using the cracked version. I used the versionn from their website and it didn't work right. Besides from the instability, it wouldn't even correctly login to MSN. It would just hang there. I know it wasn't a bad password because if I put in a bad password it would immediately come back and say so.

I wasn't accusing you. I was asking a question and just pointed out that the cracked version crashes. If you're not doing funny stuff, don't freak out. http://www.rage3d.com/board/images/smilies/nag.gif
    Wow, that sucks. Did you get them to give you a case number or something so the problem can be tracked?

Quote Originally Posted by mobileman

15.    #35  
    No case number...or nothing...I thought I would get an email...I started getting worried when I didnt receive the email the next day and called back.

Another thing I noticed about the 650, is that in between the reboots I can sometimes use it, and the speaker phone is no where near as loud as on the 600.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Totally stock hard-reset flashed. No Verichat, cracked or otherwise. Massive freezes, random resets, etc. Can't wait to get the second one (?)

Purportedly. Awesome. Little. Mobility.
    Totally. Retarded. Evil. Omen.

17.    #37  
    Called back treo today, and found out, that they sent me out two new ones.
    Re: Worrying about a refurbished 650. If you are in the first 30 days of your purchase, there is no way I would accept a refurb. Make sure they understand you are sending the box, plugs and everything back, and you want a complete new set up.
    If they won't do that, send it back completely and reorder.

There are GSM phones that they are selling with issues. I have been to the store three times. I bought my first GSM 650 and it is perfect. Bought a second, constant resets, took it back. 2nd one no resets but when you turned on bluetooth it froze. Had to hard reset to unfreeze and if your tried again to turn on bluetooth, it froze again. Fourth one seems great.

I am using Verichat aim, MSN and yahoo without incident. Noticed that during long conversation graphics freak out and I lose the top of my converstation, but no freeze or reset, yet.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic
    Totally stock hard-reset flashed. No Verichat, cracked or otherwise. Massive freezes, random resets, etc. Can't wait to get the second one (?)

Purportedly. Awesome. Little. Mobility.
    Totally. Retarded. Evil. Omen.
    Achronym of the week!
    My first phone call on my gsm unlocked it reset and continued to do so, for other calls and such, also the headset was being seen still even though i unplugged it from the jack. After spending hour and half combined waiting i got Palmone to ship me out a new replacment treo 650 overnighted. Other than those things i love the device over my t600, tho still getting used to where the home and menu buttons are.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12