Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 61
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    I am gonna call bull sh*t on this post. The stuff in bold is obvious. The treo 600 did not have the option to hang up calls in call waiting individually. Both the cdma and gsm version had this issue and it is handled the exact same way on the 650.

    There are numerous threads confirming this.
    Exactly. She's just another PPC troll. The 6601 is the biggest POS available. She'll have a lot of fun with the battery life on that POS.
  2. #22  
    I don't have one yet. Not using a Palm currently. (I have an iPaq.) But a good friend of mine who I trust has a clie and he highly recommends Agendus instead of the built-in contact program. Others here on Treocentral seem to enjoy Datebook 5. mclark2112 you might want to check those programs out if you're unhappy with the built-in contacts program. (As I said I can't speak from experience yet. Hope to have mine monday.)
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  3. #23  
    The best alternate Contacts program, specially for Outlook users, is Chapura Keysuite. The latest version not only syncs all your phone number fields from Outlook, in addition to almost all other fields, but it also can be selected to become your primary phonebook for the Treo. This allows the Treo Caller ID to search within Keysuite and thus the native 'phone book' of Treo is no longer required.

    PS: Personally my experience with replacing the native phone book with Keysuite for Caller ID purposes was not very good. With Keysuite, the phone seemed to take way too long for Caller ID to find the contact upon an incoming call. Also personally I relaly like the search feature of the inbuilt phonebook, wherein you type the first intitial of the first name and then the last name to quickly get ot the contact you need, this is one feature that is not available with Keysuite. Regarding the delayed Caller ID search, it may have been fixed with recent updates. I don't know for sure because I myself have not used the integration feature for a while due to the problem I faced.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 02/13/2005 at 04:25 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    I am gonna call bull sh*t on this post. The stuff in bold is obvious. The treo 600 did not have the option to hang up calls in call waiting individually. Both the cdma and gsm version had this issue and it is handled the exact same way on the 650.

    There are numerous threads confirming this.
    Hey Pal - before you open your mouth - don't forget people do have digital camera's and can take pictures of what they speak on. You, I guess wanting to be the master poster with thousands of post, apparently THINK you know what you are talking about. Well view the photos and shut the hole. Folks like you make me laugh every day when I see them with their foot in their mouth. Before you discount something I have to say son, check your facts. Nothing worse than a know-it-all that gets his facts wrong!!!

    http://www.eristopher.com/images3/2calls600a.jpg

    http://www.eristopher.com/images3/2calls650.jpg

    http://www.eristopher.com/images3/2treos.jpg
    Andrej770
    Palm III -> Palm M505 -> Clie PEG-NX70V -> Treo 600 - > Treo 650 - Treo 700p
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by andrej770
    Hey Pal - before you open your mouth - don't forget people do have digital camera's and can take pictures of what they speak on. You, I guess wanting to be the master poster with thousands of post, apparently THINK you know what you are talking about. Well view the photos and shut the hole. Folks like you make me laugh every day when I see them with their foot in their mouth. Before you discount something I have to say son, check your facts. Nothing worse than a know-it-all that gets his facts wrong!!!
    Gosh I cant believe I forgot about digitial cameras.

    Thats great. I am glad I was wrong. Funny though how in 17 months of owning treos and reading this forum, I havent heard that the call swap works on a tmobile treo. Really happy for you that it does. It has NEVER worked that way on a Sprint treo since the 300. So I am not completely wrong.

    I spent 30 minutes searching for something telling me that there was a treo that handled it the right way and finally found it. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...9&postcount=10
    So one provider, the one you happen to have, does it right and all the others don't. YOU assumed they all did because of your experience w/tmobile. I know they all dont because of what I have read here. If you had read anything here at all you would know that the Sprint treo never handled call waiting the way you like it.

    Since you are comparing a gsm phone to a cdma phone on two totally seperate carriers, one would expect signifigant differences. Thats why you have a battery life issue for example.

    Had you specified carriers (which is highly relevant) when you made your complaint, I wouldnt have called you on anything because I recognize the differences between cdma and gsm. Hey but now we both know.

    Oh I love the post count envy you displayed.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  6. raziel's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    #26  
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Gosh I cant believe I forgot about digitial cameras.

    Thats great. I am glad I was wrong.
    OMG an admission from the Great one!

    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    So one provider, the one you happen to have, does it right and all the others don't. YOU assumed...
    I assumed???? You didn't even read the original post! If you had, carefully, you would have seen I has SWITCHED to Sprint (the word to is key here!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Had you specified carriers (which is highly relevant) when you made your complaint.
    Does one have to explain to you the difference between a persons opinion and a complaint. After 1700+ post, you should have that down pat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Oh I love the post count envy you displayed.
    No envy here. I'm sure you have more time to be on here than I. There are really more things to life than the Internet!

    Lastly, I shouldn't have to specify sh&t. I gave an opinion from my perspective. I know you like being the one with all the answers. But you were wrong! Because YOU assumed I was speaking about Sprint (and didn't read in the original post that I SWITCHED to Sprint for the 650) is your error. I was speaking merely about my experience. Until you officially work for PalmOne, consider yourself a person that just gives their opinion more than others (based on your number of post). How you expect others to give your opinion weight while discounting others (again, without getting all the facts) makes me suspect of all your posts. If you will jump to such a quick conclusion here, its obvious its your nature to do so.

    So next time you want to be right. gather ALL the facts first, then make your BS comments. Good Day!
    Last edited by andrej770; 02/14/2005 at 06:44 AM.
    Andrej770
    Palm III -> Palm M505 -> Clie PEG-NX70V -> Treo 600 - > Treo 650 - Treo 700p
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by andrej770
    OMG an admission from the Great one!



    I assumed???? You didn't even read the original post! If you had, carefully, you would have seen I has SWITCHED to Sprint (the word to is key here!)



    Does one have to explain to you the difference between a persons opinion and a complaint. After 1700+ post, you should have that down pat.



    No envy here. I'm sure you have more time to be on here than I. There are really more things to life than the Internet!

    Lastly, I shouldn't have to specify sh&t. I gave an opinion from my perspective. I know you like being the one with all the answers. But you were wrong! Because YOU assumed I was speaking about Sprint (and didn't read in the original post that I SWITCHED to Sprint for the 650) is your error. I was speaking merely about my experience. Until you officially work for PalmOne, consider yourself a person that just gives their opinion more than others (based on your number of post). How you expect others to give your opinion weight while discounting others (again, without getting all the facts) makes me suspect of all your posts. If you will jump to such a quick conclusion here, its obvious its your nature to do so.

    So next time you want to be right. gather ALL the facts first, then make your BS comments. Good Day!

    Andre,

    You were taken to task because you actually said disparaging comments about the God-given Treo 650. Don't you know that describing the vaulted Treo 650 in anything but a positive light is cause for a verbal spanking? You ran up against one of the Treo police who's full time job is to look for people like you that may have a negative opinion about the Treo so he/she (can't really tell because they haven't been in the sun for a while) can feel superior. Sad.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Andre,

    You were taken to task because you actually said disparaging comments about the God-given Treo 650. Don't you know that describing the vaulted Treo 650 in anything but a positive light is cause for a verbal spanking? You ran up against one of the Treo police who's full time job is to look for people like you that may have a negative opinion about the Treo so he/she (can't really tell because they haven't been in the sun for a while) can feel superior. Sad.
    You know what? You are right! That makes perfect sense. Lord knows, I'll try to never be objective about the 650 any longer. I'll fall in line. Sorry about that! I'll only state the lines I am given from the script. no more, no less.
    Andrej770
    Palm III -> Palm M505 -> Clie PEG-NX70V -> Treo 600 - > Treo 650 - Treo 700p
  10. #30  
    Andre, welcome to our little Internet TREO-nut-house. You will find (well, looks like you already found...) that anti-TREO and anti-PalmOne posts generally get pounced on real fast. I have a TREO 600, but I'm holding off buying a TREO 650 until some of the bugs get worked out. You didn't even go on to mention those, but trust me, you're gonna find them, and we'll be interested to hear your take on them. Lots of people got fully functioning TREO 650's, but lots are having problems, and there is a big ol debate as to whether you will go to He!! or not if you complain to PalmOne about anything... . Look around and see. Anyway, good luck with your new toy. What kinda studio are you calling?
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    I don't have one yet. Not using a Palm currently. (I have an iPaq.) But a good friend of mine who I trust has a clie and he highly recommends Agendus instead of the built-in contact program. Others here on Treocentral seem to enjoy Datebook 5. mclark2112 you might want to check those programs out if you're unhappy with the built-in contacts program. (As I said I can't speak from experience yet. Hope to have mine monday.)
    The only problem is that I don't think any of these apps replace the contact app when called up from within the phone app. That, is what I want to change. Single lines with just name and primary phone (which I don't really need displayed).

    But I do like this little guy, the size is not an issue. I just need to find some good screen protection.
    Butler and treo guard are great apps, and took care of many of my issues. Still haven't found out how to turn off the radio, I know it is in here, but just haven't found it again..
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by andrej770
    OMG an admission from the Great one!

    I assumed???? You didn't even read the original post! If you had, carefully, you would have seen I has SWITCHED to Sprint (the word to is key here!)
    Does one have to explain to you the difference between a persons opinion and a complaint. After 1700+ post, you should have that down pat.
    No envy here. I'm sure you have more time to be on here than I. There are really more things to life than the Internet!
    Lastly, I shouldn't have to specify sh&t. I gave an opinion from my perspective. I know you like being the one with all the answers. But you were wrong! Because YOU assumed I was speaking about Sprint (and didn't read in the original post that I SWITCHED to Sprint for the 650) is your error. I was speaking merely about my experience. Until you officially work for PalmOne, consider yourself a person that just gives their opinion more than others (based on your number of post). How you expect others to give your opinion weight while discounting others (again, without getting all the facts) makes me suspect of all your posts. If you will jump to such a quick conclusion here, its obvious its your nature to do so.

    So next time you want to be right. gather ALL the facts first, then make your BS comments. Good Day!
    Man you got some attitude.
    You didnt say who you were with before you switched to Sprint. THAT was the important part. Had you bothered to mention that fact and that Tmobile handled CW the correct way, I would have known you were on GSM which would have made all your point sensible when switching to Sprint.
    Since you are strongly implying by your venemous sarcasm that YOU are the smarter one in this conversation, how come you didnt know the Sprint treo didnt handle call waiting and conferencing the same way? So were even there. I didnt know about Tmobile and you didnt know about Sprint.
    Score Woof 0 Andre 0

    As to the rest of this post, get over it. You have a problem with people disagreeing with you? Do you get in lots of fights? Try not to take my disagreement personally. Based on what you said in your original post I disagreed with you on some of the points. Big Deal.

    I actually admitted I was wrong a few posts back. I called BS on your post because everything you said is old news. It has been beaten to death. It gets old reading the same crap over and over again. I am no P1 apologist. I happen to like my Sprint treo 650 and liked the 600 before that. Ya its got shortcomings, but what doesnt? If your tmobile 600 was so perfect why'd you switch?

    Try not to take stuff so personally and ease up on the personal attack stuff too. It makes you look small.

    Sorry your not happy with your 650. Why dont you return it and get an unlocked GSM then you can stay on Tmobile.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by mclark2112
    The only problem is that I don't think any of these apps replace the contact app when called up from within the phone app. That, is what I want to change. Single lines with just name and primary phone (which I don't really need displayed).
    'Chapura Keysuites' and 'Beyond Contacts' I think are two apps that do exactly what you wish for and they also can replace the native contact app when called upon from within the phone app. Atleast I am 100% sure about Chapura Keysuites.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  14.    #34  
    Found the thread about turning the radio off. Press and hold the red phone button.. Yay!!!

    'Chapura Keysuites' and 'Beyond Contacts' I think are two apps that do exactly what you wish for and they also can replace the native contact app when called upon from within the phone app. Atleast I am 100% sure about Chapura Keysuites.

    I'll try these, thanks.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Man you got some attitude.
    Try not to take stuff so personally and ease up on the personal attack stuff too. It makes you look small.

    Sorry your not happy with your 650. Why dont you return it and get an unlocked GSM then you can stay on Tmobile.

    You LOST this argument, get over it..
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

    "Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by SoufSidah09
    You LOST this argument, get over it..
    Thanks I'd forgotten all about asking you to be the referee and declare the winner.

    I wasnt trying to win anything. Just explaining my position. I admitted my mistake, but some people arent that big I guess.

    Thanks again for your useless comment.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Thanks again for your useless comment.
    No, thank you, I learn from the best, my post count just incremented by 2+

    1700+ post count and you didn't know about that tmoble phone?

    Sounds like free posting to me, You sly boy

    Got any other secrets?
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

    "Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
  18. #38  
    Oh, c'mon children. This is foolish. We should all be bashing PalmOne, not each other!!
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by GWB
    Oh, c'mon children. This is foolish. We should all be bashing PalmOne, not each other!!
    If we could get them in here, the only problem is only half of us would be
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

    "Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by SoufSidah09

    1700+ post count and you didn't know about that tmoble phone?
    You know it's you and andre who are obsessed with the post count thing. It wasn't me who brought it up. I never said anything about post count equating knowledge. Never have.

    As to the tmobile phone, since I have Sprint and dont read every thread on here why is that a big deal? Did you know about the tmobile callwaiting thing? I doubt it.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions