Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    I have tried with VersaMail, chatter and Snapper and none will auto-check mail.

    I suspect the issue is my Treo, as buggy as the 650 can be, but am at a loss as to why this is happening.

    Thoughts? I have 10m ram left
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by ashworth102680
    I have tried with VersaMail, chatter and Snapper and none will auto-check mail.

    I suspect the issue is my Treo, as buggy as the 650 can be, but am at a loss as to why this is happening.

    Thoughts? I have 10m ram left
    if you're using pop3 for your email, then live updates aren't available. you're going to have to setup the email account on fastmail.fm to make use of their imap service, and then set it up for chatter/snapper/versamail.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
  3.    #3  
    Nope, I have tried pop3 and IMAP, however, neither check. I think it's like on Linux where you set a crontab entry to schedule a command to run every so ofter, only the Treo doesn't seem to understand that it's supposed to actuallyk RUN the command.

    The apps work great, it's just not checking automagically. It would be lovely to make use of these features in any one of the programs (SnapperMail being my first choice).
  4. #4  
    um...Snappermail does allow auto check...you set up the interval you want between checking the mail on your server

    if you mean PUSH email, and doing it in the background, only fesible way is with Chatter an IMAP only client, which in conjuction with other things, allows you to have push email
  5.    #5  
    yes, this what I meant. it is SUPPOSED to auto- check and I know it supports it, but it doesn't work in ANY of the apps on mt treo
  6. #6  
    does anyone know offhand if chattermail IMAP capabilties work well w/ the .MAC IMAP service? thx for any clarifications..!
  7. holmes4's Avatar
    Posts
    982 Posts
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    #7  
    SnapperMail scheduled retrieval works fine with IMAP on my 650. spamcop.net is my mail service.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by shinoSetsuna
    does anyone know offhand if chattermail IMAP capabilties work well w/ the .MAC IMAP service? thx for any clarifications..!
    I just set up Chatter Email to work with my .Mac account, yesterday, and it works perfectly. .Mac doesn't support the IMAP IDLE command so you won't be able to get emails pushed to your device. What you'll need to do is set the "Quicksync" option to automatically check (and retrieve) your emails at a specified interval (in mins). I set mine to check every 30mins. FYI, in order to do this, you need to set the mailbox in Chatter Email to "offline." Once it's in "offline" mode, you'll be able to set the auto-check interval.

    If you don't know how to do it, I recommend reading the user guide (it's really good). If you still don't know how, post back and I'll write you step-by-step instructions.
  9. #9  
    I'm finding that I get mt mail quicker if I put it offline and qsync every minute than vs. leaving it online, sometime takes 5 mins. or more.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ashworth102680
    yes, this what I meant. it is SUPPOSED to auto- check and I know it supports it, but it doesn't work in ANY of the apps on mt treo
    I have both Snappermail and Chatter getting mail for me. Snapper does it at preset intervals (usually 30 minutes) during the day, and Chatter mail is pushed in realtime to my treo.

    I am assumming you are on a data plan and are not using minutes to download data. Are you using Sprint or one of the GSM providers? Is your data connection persistent? (I think Snapper will bring up the network as needed anyway... but I'm always on with GSM so I'm not sure.)

    Something simple must not be setup for you to behaving this trouble.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolio
    I just set up Chatter Email to work with my .Mac account, yesterday, and it works perfectly. .Mac doesn't support the IMAP IDLE command so you won't be able to get emails pushed to your device. What you'll need to do is set the "Quicksync" option to automatically check (and retrieve) your emails at a specified interval (in mins). I set mine to check every 30mins. FYI, in order to do this, you need to set the mailbox in Chatter Email to "offline." Once it's in "offline" mode, you'll be able to set the auto-check interval.

    If you don't know how to do it, I recommend reading the user guide (it's really good). If you still don't know how, post back and I'll write you step-by-step instructions.
    I'm trying to get my .Mac email "pushed" to my T650 also. Some people talk about using fastmail.fm being able to facilitate the push. Doesn't having Chatter check every 30 minutes not really constitute "push"? I've never used Chatter, so I'm looking for a solution to get email checked frequently. Some people have mentioned that if you set your email app to check too frequently, then you'll miss calls. Is this true of Chatter, which I believe claims it checked email in the background?
    Thanks for the input.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
  12. #12  
    MacUser - jaytee said he had Snapper check every 30 minutes. Chatter doesn't "check", it really gets email pushed to it from compatible servers. You'll miss calls using any data app, depending on how you use it. My experience is very few missed calls on GSM systems; somewhat more on CDMA systems.

    Marc

Posting Permissions