1.    #1  
    when on a call, not using speaker phone... the person on the other end can hear me perfectly. When i switch to speakerphone, it seems like the microphone is Almost off. I have to put my mouth directly up to the microphone and speak loudly in order to even be heard a little bit on the other end. no matter what they can understand me.

i didnt have this problem before i did a full battery disconnect reset.

i have 03.06 firmware and software is 1.13. is that the lastest?? hardware revision is B

now howwwwwww can i solve this problem? (bought the phone on ebay, seller said it is Brand New from AT&T wireless.. box packaging confirmed this. I do have a warranty, right?)

help from anyone would be greatly appreciated, thanks

addional question: is there a treo sound quality patch FOR THE 600? i seem to be getting the same static, cutouts, etc that the 650 users were getting.. and the sound patch fixed it. wary about using 650 software for a 600 tho.. will wait for an answer
    Last edited by skel924; 02/15/2005 at 12:59 PM.
  2.    #2  
    hmm nobody has had any experience with a situation like this?
    this has been a problem for many many ppl. The problem is before the most recent firmware there was a lot of feedback/echo from having the mic so close to the speaker. To fix this the mic volume is turned down thus making it harder for the other end to hear us. I've yet to find a solution to this either making the speakerphone damn near useless. sucks
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I've had the same problem too with no resolution.
    m105 -> m130 -> Tungsten E -> Treo 600 (T-Mobile)
    Having the same problem. Has anyone contacted tech support to see if this is something that can be fixed?
    Is the speakerphone feature actually usable on any 600's?
    I have never been capable of carrying on a conversation using it so I gave up trying. I figured it was just another bullet on the feature sheet - if not, I want one that works.
    Quote Originally Posted by rouxdoo
    Is the speakerphone feature actually usable on any 600's?
    I have never been capable of carrying on a conversation using it so I gave up trying. I figured it was just another bullet on the feature sheet - if not, I want one that works.
    I doubt the speakerphone is usable on any 600's.....I went through 8 replacements before giving up.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    I doubt the speakerphone is usable on any 600's.....I went through 8 replacements before giving up.

I have used the speaker phone on mine on several occasions and it worked perfectly. A co-worker has a 600 and has used speaker phone as well.

He got his phone maybe 2 to 3 months ago, and I have had mine for almost 3 weeks.

Maybe the new phones are fixed?

Mike
    Yeah, I talk almost exclusively on my speakerphone on my new T600. I really don't have any problems like that at all. And because it's brand new to me still, I always ask if they can hear me ok...

maybe the new ones did fix this problem
    the 600 speakerphone is better than our office conference room speakerphone, so we use it instead!
    Quote Originally Posted by hansbuehler
    the 600 speakerphone is better than our office conference room speakerphone, so we use it instead!
    I assume that you are being sarcastic?
    I was serious... of course not better than nice speaker phones but our conference call remote people said they coud hear us better on the treo speaker vs the speaker phone we were using.
    I just used the treo for a conference call yesterday also
    Ahh yes, someone has asked the question I've wondered about for four months now... I purchased my 600 in Nov. 04, and just like the originator, my speakerphone is nearly useless. I have not found any patch on PalmOne. Hope we are all still searching.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I have wondered this a number of times, I found if I turned down the call volume to about half this helped the problem. What was happening with me is when I or someone talked the speaker and the microphone would try and work at the same time causing an echo or inaudiable affects. So I turned the Call Volume down to about 2 or 3 bars and I haven't had a problem since, If I am to close it will have echo problems, But I often put people on speaker phone while it is in the cradle and I am at my desk. People have even commented they didn't know they were on speaker phone.

also i found some more info on the FAQ page:

Many Treo 600 users have complained of speakerphone echo, and some have overcome it using varying methods. Try these approaches:
    1) When in a call, turn on speakerphone, turn it off, then turn it on again (e.g., hit the space bar three times) - this workaround is successful on many units.
    2) Upgrade the firmware of your Treo to the most recent supported version. Visit PalmOne's upgrade site to download the most recent version.
    3) Return your Treo for a replacement. This is the last resort, and you are not guaranteed to receive a replacement that is echo-free.

BenJoe
    Last edited by BenJoeM; 03/08/2005 at 12:26 AM.
    Here's another vote for T600 speakerphone working well, though BenJoe makes good points as to optimization. Not sure about my previous 600's, and I have a replacement one coming in days (quickly crosses fingers...). The build quality on these things are all over the place (apparently so are the 650's), so your results WILL vary.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    holy cow the speakerphone on/off space bar three times thing works!! who in the world figured that out1? haha