Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Has anyone else besides wmf successfully synced with nexchange? If not, please do not hesitate to contact me, we will get you taken care of. If so, i would love to get your feedback on any part of it.

Thanks again for giving us a chance.
    Okay - i should be able to do this i realize, but can someone point me to the link that has the 1.2 release? I went to nextworks site and can only find the 1.1 release i already have.

thanks!
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
  3.    #83  
    crawdawg54, i havent posted on our site yet, the best place to get it right now is off of palmgear here:

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...token=97678667

The latest version is RC 1.2a
    Quote Originally Posted by dtdionne
    Has anyone else besides wmf successfully synced with nexchange? If not, please do not hesitate to contact me, we will get you taken care of. If so, i would love to get your feedback on any part of it.

Thanks again for giving us a chance.
    I installed it, tried both OWA and OMA. Both times it froze my Treo 600, and only a sot reset got me out of it.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I'm trying 1.2a, it connects, performs the Sync Checks, but times out sometime in the Notes check. I've tried multiple times, always get the same results.

Unbranded/unlocked Treo 600, T-Mobile GPRS connection.
  6.    #86  
    per request here is the manual workaround for a Treo 650 or a Tungsten T5 with the new style DB's

1. Completely backup your device with Backupman, BackupBuddy, hotsync, etc

2. Make sure you have syncronized all PIM data into Outlook via hotsync.

3. Use a file browser like filez to delete the following 8 PIM DB's:
    AddressDB
    ContactsDB-PAdd
    DatebookDB
    CalendarDB-PDat
    MemoDB
    MemosDB-PMem
    ToDoDB
    TasksDB-PTod

4. Recreate all 8 PIM DB's by manually launching Calendar, Contacts, Memos, and Tasks.

5. Install Nexchange RC 1.x

6. Launch Nexchange RC 1.x which will bring up the Try/Buy screen, choose try which will bring you to the Initial Sync Wizard.

7. Run thru the wizard, here are some tips for entering the hostname, username and ssl:
    For the hostname use the base url for your OWA access. For example...if your OWA url is https://www.yourcompany.com/exchange use www.yourcompany.com for the hostname and check the SSL box.
    OR if your OWA url is http://www.yourcompany.com/exchange use www.yourcompany.com and DO NOT check the SSL box.
    If your username for OWA is domain\username only use username for your username...
    OWA 2003 also has the option to be setup with "Forms Based Login" rather then the "Dialog Based Login" that is standard for OWA 2000. We are currently working on a fix for the "Forms Based Login" as Nexchange does not support that yet.

8. Continuing with the wizard you will be prompted to either delete or keep your PIM DB's...since we have already manually deleted them in Step 3, be sure too KEEP all of the PIM DB's.

9. On the summary screen for the Wizard, choose accept if everything went ok or choose "Start Over" if you need to make a change.

10. Choose "Sync Now" and you should be off and running. FYI, when you select "Sync Now", Nexchange first indexs the internal PIM DB's looking for changes, this takes about 5 - 15 sec's. Nexchange then connects to Exchange and indexes all items in the Exchange DB's, you will see numbers counting up next too each DB and the progress bar progressing at the top. This is called the Sync Check and takes anywere from 10 - 300 sec's based on how big your PIM stores in Exchage are. Once this is done Nexchage then syncronizes the changes and you will get a screen that has a progress bar for each data store and a dialoge that explains what is being syncronized. This is called the Sync. Once this is done you will be brought to a Summary Screen where it informs you what was done for each PIM store. For example it could say that you had 5:adds, 4:mod, 10:deletes, and 0:skips for contacts and the same for each store.

11. You have now completed the initial sync...CONGRATS!! Now if the summary screen poped up before it completed you most likely encountered a network error, not to worry, just hit sync again and it will resume from where it left off.

12. If things did not go smoothly...CALL ME!! Actually, first goto http://www.nextworks.com/helpdesk , register and create a ticket then call me and I will make sure you are taken care of. I can be reached 27/7 at either 256-468-6398 (primary cell which is down when im testing), 256-797-3215 (secondary cell), 256-489-0045 (desk phone). You can also reach me thru the VOIP section of our support site, which you need to register to get too, called Live eSupport, or if you have Skype my VOIP number is dtdionne as is my AIM screename. You are my highest priority and i really want to hear from you and i promise that i will listen.
    Last edited by dtdionne; 02/16/2005 at 04:04 PM.
  7.    #87  
    shneor, what version of nexchange are you using? also, what version of Exchange are you connecting too? Nexchange wont connect to OMA...call me and we will run thru some tests.

blorgmike, call me and we will run thru some tests, i am actually tracking the exact same bug on my device...
  8.    #88  
    Hey everyone, i just posted RC 1.3. This version fixes the bug with the new DB's for the Treo 650 and Tungsten T5...so they should have no problems going thru the initial sync wizard.

SO GO GET IT!
    shneor, what version of nexchange are you using? also, what version of Exchange are you connecting too? Nexchange wont connect to OMA...call me and we will run thru some tests.

blorgmike, call me and we will run thru some tests, i am actually tracking the exact same bug on my device...
    I was using 1.2 and connecting to Exchange 2003.

The way you have set up the download file means that I can't download and unzip/install directly on my Treo. So it will have to wait until I get home this evening.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  10.    #90  
    shneor, how's it commin for you?

Btw everyone...things seem to be going VERY well with the core functionality so we began implementing email today!!!
    You started implementing email today? So, what, you figure about a week?

Marc
    Oh, Marc, you're just jealous. All you did was create the best email for Treo, give the beta free to anyone who wanted it, and treat everyone on the forum with respect and responsive support. Who needs that?
    I dont mean to spam, i am the develper and here to communicate. I will understand if the mods need to remove it.

Please accept my appology up front, if i have offended anyone.

Umm, you are spamming and as a developer you should know better...You didn't even post under a slightly useful title!

Bang...Oh wait, did you just shoot yourself in the foot?
    So..if I sync using your program...then am I limited to only using your program to sync?

In other words, do I have to turn off the hotsync conduits for outlook for the Treo 650?
  15.    #95  
    Mblank, well we dont have to write an email client...we make a mail DB that stores messages and just sycn outgoing messages into the exch server's outbox. Our biggest task for email will be to make it look FANSTASTC.

Great question mogulman, we actually disable the PIM conduits on install to prevent data loss or duplication with Hotsync.
    I can't wait to see the email version, dtdionne - I've been able to successfuly sync 1500 items from my calendar. !

-Swinger
    Palm M100 --> GSM Treo 600 --> GSM Treo 650 --> GSM Treo 680
    dtdionne - With all respect, I don't think you have a CLUE what you're up against with email (I know I didn't). By analogy, building a car that looks fantastic is no big deal; making it DRIVE fantastic is something else again. Making your email app look fantastic is the LEAST of your worries - believe me.

But good luck with it! The Calendar/Contacts syncing is a very good thing!

Marc
  18.    #98  
    swingstylez, thank you and congratulations!

mblank, thank you for the kind words. Email is actually done, one thing to keep in mind with our app is that we don not have an email client in the traditional sense.
    I am considering releasing the email version this next week because things have gone so well with release candidate 1.x....and btw, its Calendar/Contacts/Notes/Tasks
    dtdionne - If you're simply talking about "syncing" email folders without a real email client attached, then you'll find that there's NO market for that except, perhaps, as a freeware curiosity. (I hope this doesn't come across as mean-spiritied; it is intended to get you thinking...) There are plenty of apps that can sync email folders whose cost is a small fraction of your proposed price, and these add a great deal of email client functionality in the bargain. On the other hand, your calendar, etc. syncing provides a capability that isn't easily available now without a monthly subscription.

Marc
    Last edited by Chatter; 02/19/2005 at 06:07 PM.
  20.    #100  
    mblank, not taken mean-spirited at all but i do feel that you are having a difficult time grasping exactly what we are doing on the email side. The email part of Nexchange functions just like a full blown email client. The key is that the device running Nexchange does not handle the email functionality...the exchange server does. Nexchange syncronizes your inbox to your device, when you reply to an email or create a new email on your device, Nexchange syncronizes that email that you just "replied to" or "created" from your device into the Outbox, of your account, on the Exchange Server, the Exchange server then sends the email for you and puts it in the sent items folder. So our Email client does not have to connect via pop3 or imap or retreive email via smtp. Everything is handled by the exchange server. All our "Email client" does is sycnronize, using a user customizable polling rate, your inbox, your outbox and your sent items. Of course we will have a staging area where we only pull the To, From, Subject and like a 100 char truncated portion of the body and the name and size of the attachment if one exsists for emails that are huge or have huge attachments.

Hope this helps...good discussion though
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast