Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just realized, that maybe part of the reason PalmOne has not addressed many of the user problems with the 650 is because they are not hearing from us! Since we are providing are own tech support here on Treo Central they are not getting the volume of tech support calls they would normally get.

I think every one that's had or is having a problem should call tech support and voice their problem.... Maybe when they realize how wide spread the problems are they will get on the stick and fix things....
    they don't handle sprint support which SUCKS
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    they don't handle sprint support which SUCKS
    WHAT?????? No wonder nothing's getting fixed... Sprint is just a reseller not a developer...

Let's call it anyway, and get Palm's attention !!!!!
  4.    #4  
    Can we make this a sticky?
    I have tried that route and all I get is "This is an OEM product. P1 has no responsibility for these issues. It is Sprint that developed and released this product. You have to call them."

Then calling Sprint is like talking to a wall. Listen to "Claire" for an hour and then get a person that barely knows what a 650 is.

Jeff
  6.    #6  
    Right.... Dealing with Sprint is a joke. But these are PalmOne problems....
    I still say if everyone on TreoCentral with 650 problems called them they would be closer to feeling the pulse of their users...

Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I have tried that route and all I get is "This is an OEM product. P1 has no responsibility for these issues. It is Sprint that developed and released this product. You have to call them."

Then calling Sprint is like talking to a wall. Listen to "Claire" for an hour and then get a person that barely knows what a 650 is.

Jeff
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    You know, I'm normally the type of person that rolls his eyes whenever someone mentions something like class action suit or online petitions and such, but I'm beginning to think that some sort of coordinated mass BBB complaint filing, or something coordinated effort *with some teeth* is necessary (because let's face it folks, online petitions are useless, can be easily ignored, and often lack credibility because they're the haven of trolls).

No, I have not had any problem with my 650. I LOVE my 650 and don't plan on parting with it until the next iteration of the Treo, which will hopefully have EV-DO or EV-DV, or maybe I might jump ship if Cingular ever gets WCDMA up and running and PalmOne comes out with a phone that supports it. For now though, the 650 is something I'm going to stick with. But I dread having any sort of problem that requires assistance from PalmOne or Sprint BECAUSE both of them are passing the buck against each other.

Maybe it IS time to do a coordinated call to Pa1mOne support, complaining about these problems. Having reps tell us that PalmOne doesn't support it because it's a Sprint OEM prouduct shouldn't deter us from at least making it clear that that's an unnacceaptable answer. When they say "this is a Sprint OEM product you need to contact Sprint," we should respond with something like "funny that, Sprint doesn't provide support for this product, and since you DID MAKE IT, maybe you should."

PalmOne shouldn't be the only party getting all the heat though. Last I heard, the number to the Sprint PCS executive switchboard was 913-624-3000. It may be time to also have a coordinated call-in to that number, demanding better support for the Treo650, since Sprint has evidently tied palmOne's hands and prevented the manufacturer, which is perfectly capable of providing support, from doing so when Sprint clearly isn't able to provide anything competent in that regard.

Just my .02.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    I hate "Who's with me post"!!
    But in this case I hope EVERY TC'er makes the call. Can it be true that Palm does not know of the problems? No. This is some stange auto industry type marketing upgrade never fix sting them along trick that they are playing with us.
    So what do we do?
    If you remain silent you have accepted this tactic.
    So make the call an make a statement for a better product in the futur.
    Who's with me! call (813) 313-4913 Who's with me!!!!
    Call (813) 313-4913 if you need to give your feedback. Who's With Me? -- unites us.
    So palm is telling you that sprint should fix your problems? And if you bought your phone from Cingular, they would need to fix it? T-Mobile? Catherine Zeta-Jones is going to make personal house calls? (So I will get more......hmmmmmm)

I wonder if they are going to give me that crap if I need to warranty my 650. I wonder who they will try to pawn it if on. If they tell me that I need to go thru the comppany I bought it from, then I guess I am screwed since I bought an unlocked treo from them.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson

Jeff
    Whenever you get Clair, just continue to say "Human" and you will get a human!
    Hi, this is Claire, your Automated Assistant. Please tell me how I can help you? You can say thing like, "Check my account balance", or "Go f*** yourself"

I want to complain about the zillion problems I'm having with my TREO 650

Do you want to complain about your TREO 650?

YES!

Please hold on while I transfer you to our Bangalore Service Center......

Hello good Sprint Customer. I am Punjab, I mean Peter, and I will be your Sprint Representative today. Please be to telling me what problem is happening?

My TREO 650 sucks, and PalmOne won't fix it. They say Sprint has to fix it.

Well then, your telephone not is working as it should be, then, yes? Or no?

NO, people can't hear me, there are all kinds of problems, that a $600 telephone shouldn't have! Can you help me?

Is your telephone under our excellent return period?

Yes, but I want Sprint to fix the problems!

Well, good Sir, we are not makers of this fine equipment, now are we, so how will we have the wonderful ability to fix something we didn't make? You must return it to the store for a full and glorious refund.

So you can't fix it ever?

I have already told you Sir, we are a telephone company, not Radio Shack. You must not expect so much from us! So, please be returning your telephone, yes?

And I have to give up my TREO?

Well, yes, good sir, of course you must do this since we won't, I mean can't fix these horrendous problems which are causing you much upset...

Forget it.

<click>
    Last edited by GWB; 02/12/2005 at 05:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    if only there was a way to type the accent
  14.    #14  
    Good one!

Quote Originally Posted by scaredpoet
    You know, I'm normally the type of person that rolls his eyes whenever someone mentions something like class action suit or online petitions and such, but I'm beginning to think that some sort of coordinated mass BBB complaint filing, or something coordinated effort *with some teeth* is necessary (because let's face it folks, online petitions are useless, can be easily ignored, and often lack credibility because they're the haven of trolls).

No, I have not had any problem with my 650. I LOVE my 650 and don't plan on parting with it until the next iteration of the Treo, which will hopefully have EV-DO or EV-DV, or maybe I might jump ship if Cingular ever gets WCDMA up and running and PalmOne comes out with a phone that supports it. For now though, the 650 is something I'm going to stick with. But I dread having any sort of problem that requires assistance from PalmOne or Sprint BECAUSE both of them are passing the buck against each other.

Maybe it IS time to do a coordinated call to Pa1mOne support, complaining about these problems. Having reps tell us that PalmOne doesn't support it because it's a Sprint OEM prouduct shouldn't deter us from at least making it clear that that's an unnacceaptable answer. When they say "this is a Sprint OEM product you need to contact Sprint," we should respond with something like "funny that, Sprint doesn't provide support for this product, and since you DID MAKE IT, maybe you should."

PalmOne shouldn't be the only party getting all the heat though. Last I heard, the number to the Sprint PCS executive switchboard was 913-624-3000. It may be time to also have a coordinated call-in to that number, demanding better support for the Treo650, since Sprint has evidently tied palmOne's hands and prevented the manufacturer, which is perfectly capable of providing support, from doing so when Sprint clearly isn't able to provide anything competent in that regard.

Just my .02.
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
  15.    #15  
    I agree : ) Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Call (813) 313-4913 if you need to give your feedback. Who's With Me? -- unites us.
    I called before, to nag about the voice quality problem. Their guy said he hadn't heard anything about any voice problems, and started telling me how i needed to troubleshoot my device and hard reset it etc etc. I said "How can this be a single problem when ALL FIVE of the phones we have in our office have awful voice quality?". I'd really like to get some actual response from someone at corporate about this. The call quality is extremely unacceptable.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by GWB
    Hi, this is Claire, your Automated Assistant. Please tell me how I can help you? You can say thing like, "Check my account balance", or "Go f*** yourself"

I want to complain about the zillion problems I'm having with my TREO 650

Do you want to complain about your TREO 650?

YES!

Please hold on while I transfer you to our Bangalore Service Center......

Hello good Sprint Customer. I am Punjab, I mean Peter, and I will be your Sprint Representative today. Please be to telling me what problem is happening?

My TREO 650 sucks, and PalmOne won't fix it. They say Sprint has to fix it.

Well then, your telephone not is working as it should be, then, yes? Or no?

NO, people can't hear me, there are all kinds of problems, that a $600 telephone shouldn't have! Can you help me?

Is your telephone under our excellent return period?

Yes, but I want Sprint to fix the problems!

Well, good Sir, we are not makers of this fine equipment, now are we, so how will we have the wonderful ability to fix something we didn't make? You must return it to the store for a full and glorious refund.

So you can't fix it ever?

I have already told you Sir, we are a telephone company, not Radio Shack. You must not expect so much from us! So, please be returning your telephone, yes?

And I have to give up my TREO?

Well, yes, good sir, of course you must do this since we won't, I mean can't fix these horrendous problems which are causing you much upset...

Forget it.

<click>
    Good One!
    I think no harm can come out of the calls, but to say that P1 doesn't know about any of our problems, when Peter Skillman was bombarded with emails regarding the memory issue, is just silly.

I haven't experienced any catastrophic hardware problems, but I'll be sure to call in and remind them about the memory fix they promised us.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    I think no harm can come out of the calls, but to say that P1 doesn't know about any of our problems, when Peter Skillman was bombarded with emails regarding the memory issue, is just silly.

I haven't experienced any catastrophic hardware problems, but I'll be sure to call in and remind them about the memory fix they promised us.
    Uh, you just kinda showed it doesn't make any difference. It's been pretty much exactly three months, and there hasn't been one solitary little peep outta them about actually fixing anything. Oh yeah, they did toss us out a $2 SD card. I forgot. That makes it all better, don't it?

Maybe it's time for another email attack, uh, I mean campaign? The first one at least got them to pay us some lip service....
    I wonder how long until a moderator steps in and changes the title of this thread...

Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast