Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43
  1. #21  
    'Who's with me' is so old. Another self-serving poster requesting his thread should be a sticky like it's a trophy. This should go OT.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    I think no harm can come out of the calls, but to say that P1 doesn't know about any of our problems, when Peter Skillman was bombarded with emails regarding the memory issue, is just silly.

    I haven't experienced any catastrophic hardware problems, but I'll be sure to call in and remind them about the memory fix they promised us.
    Thanks!

    (The "network time issue" is a good one too!)
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    'Who's with me' is so old. Another self-serving poster requesting his thread should be a sticky like it's a trophy. This should go OT.
    I used to laugh every time I saw a new "Who's with me" I think it would serve us all if P1 realized how many users have had problems. Treo Central should be compensated for providing tech-support!
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    I wonder how long until a moderator steps in and changes the title of this thread...

    So you don't think PalmOne should support their products?
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
  5. #25  
    Yes, I think they should. I'm just wondering how come I get my thread title hacked because it said "who's with me" and it was deemed not worthy, but more of these thread titles keep popping up every day.

    I just feel special.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  6. #26  
    You actually need a thread to tell people to call for customer support?
    Last edited by silverado; 02/12/2005 at 07:51 PM.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    You actually need a thread to tell people to call for customer support?
    It ain't really for support. It's to kick PalmOne in the a$$ and somehow make sure they know about some of the problems. While I'm sure they do (they HAVE to!), they ain't telling us that they do, so how can we prove it??!!
  8. #28  
    i offer my support, lets all call, they should not be releasing not so smart phones with these issues
  9. #29  
    The loudest noise anyone can make is with their feet, as in voting with their feet and returning or not buying the phone. The fact that someone is keeping the phone says that they like it. If someone thinks it should not have been released, they should send it back.

    If you don't want to send it back, at least be truthful. In addition to saying it has problems, you should also say that it's the best thing out there for you (must be, since you still have it).
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    You actually need a thread to tell people to call for customer support?
    Just hoping it'll get their attention.... Imagine if TreoCentral wasn't here. Where would be all be?
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    The loudest noise anyone can make is with their feet, as in voting with their feet and returning or not buying the phone. The fact that someone is keeping the phone says that they like it. If someone thinks it should not have been released, they should send it back.

    If you don't want to send it back, at least be truthful. In addition to saying it has problems, you should also say that it's the best thing out there for you (must be, since you still have it).
    When you have 8+ years, hundreds of dollars (and hours), invested in a platform you don't want to jump ship. Remember things are supposed to progress with new models, not go backward
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by IamVincent
    When you have 8+ years, hundreds of dollars (and hours), invested in a platform you don't want to jump ship. Remember things are supposed to progress with new models, not go backward
    Still, I submit they didn't go backwards in all aspects, or people could simply return their 650's and stick with Treo 600 and stay ahead.

    My point is that we should remember to state the good in addition to the bad, not just scream bloody murder about the problems and say next to nothing about what's good.

    My concern is that by becoming TreoProblemCentral (or whining central) the overall picture given to the world is that of palmOne being a serious failure of company when in fact so many people, including many of the ones complaining, are out doing amazing things with their devices yet they are too busy, or in the case of those complainging, too focused on the negative, to go on a discussion board to talk about it.

    In the end, what could be a well-intentioned nagging campaign may help make this exaggerated image a reality.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by IamVincent
    When you have 8+ years, hundreds of dollars (and hours), invested in a platform you don't want to jump ship. Remember things are supposed to progress with new models, not go backward
    If you feel it's gone backward, and you're heavily invested it's time to consider going back to what you were happy with. I agree it's not a great answer.

    Another thing you could do is keep returning them to Sprint until you get a good one. I have almost no issues with mine. The minor things that aren't work as well as I'd like are made up by the great screen and other things.

    It's worth noting that PalmOne doesn't try to make worse products. They've had their work cut out for them with release. They had to merge in all the Handspring stuff, switch over all their devices to one standard set of applications (VersaMail, Docs to Go, etc), ports, and memory type. I realize that the memory type is a point of contention for most, but it really is the best move going forward (Palm should have just upgraded it to at least 64 MB). I truly feel that the standardizing they've done will allow them to move more nimblely than if they have to support many flavors of the Palm platform. If things have regressed a little bit in that time that's fairly normal.

    If you are familiar with the Firefox web browser, you know that in version 0.1 it wasn't nearly as good as Mozilla Suite, even though it had come out later. However, by simplifying what Firefox was trying to accomplish and making it better at the core it made it easier to improve than the mammoth Mozilla Suite. Now Firefox is at the point where it's growing significantly and (according to most experts) is the top browser available. I'm not saying the Treo 650 is at version 0.1, but I think an argument could be made that it's taken a step backward to put itself in position for a huge jump forward.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Still, I submit they didn't go backwards in all aspects, or people could simply return their 650's and stick with Treo 600 and stay ahead.

    My point is that we should remember to state the good in addition to the bad, not just scream bloody murder about the problems and say next to nothing about what's good.

    My concern is that by becoming TreoProblemCentral (or whining central) the overall picture given to the world is that of palmOne being a serious failure of company when in fact so many people, including many of the ones complaining, are out doing amazing things with their devices yet they are too busy, or in the case of those complainging, too focused on the negative, to go on a discussion board to talk about it.

    In the end, what could be a well-intentioned nagging campaign may help make this exaggerated image a reality.

    So do you work for PalmOne?

    The bad outweights the good and PalmOne should be ashamed. If the 650 worked right you would be reading praise reports rather than "whining" and we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
  15. #35  
    I really don't get this compulsion to heap praise on PalmOne when they haven't owned up to some of the problems they caused. But if it makes everybody happy.... I actually got to a Sprint store that actually had a TREO 650 in stock that I could play with. (I played with a PPC 6601 too, but that's for another thread...) Yup, the screen is wonderful. Bright and sharp, and TINY! All that resolution, with such a tiny screen. Need stronger bifocals just to see the fine detail. It reminds me of my laptop with 1900x1200 resolution in a little 15" screen. The fonts don't look sharp unless you set the resolution to max, and then you gotta adjust em cause they're too darn small! Didn't have that problem with the TREO 650, but what they have done is do that fancy 3D shadowing and stuff to make the display prettier, but in the end, maybe except for pictures, the same stuff might well be just as easy to see on my old TREO 600. Couldn't get on the web; kept getting the "3000" error. Oh well.

    OK, I have praised PalmOne. GREAT SCREEN! Have I done my duty? Now let PalmOne do theirs.
  16.    #36  
    OK, I guess I need to say something nice too. The 650 helps me trim my databases by shedding contact and address info automatically! Also, it can provide hours of interest trying to hotsync! <grin> But my favorite feature is the: "Here's some time to stop and think about if you really wanted to make that call before it goes through..." It simplifies my day but cutting my call volume way day... hmmm maybe that's a Sprint feature!
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by IamVincent
    So do you work for PalmOne?

    The bad outweights the good and PalmOne should be ashamed. If the 650 worked right you would be reading praise reports rather than "whining" and we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    No I don't work for palmOne.

    What a rediculous question. Can't people discuss facts and opinions without trying to ascribe a dirty motive? I speak as a very satisfied Treo 650 user, is that not allowed here anymore?

    Do you work for Microsoft?

    I say send the dang thing back and get your money back. That would pay you more than any class action suit would ever pay you. I don't get this logic of insisting on owning something you think is so awful, then again I never understood masochism.
    Last edited by silverado; 02/14/2005 at 11:11 AM.
  18. #38  
    I think the Treo 650 is AWESOME, and I volunteer as a witness for the defense in the trial...
  19. #39  
    Have you tried calling them? I've been disconnected 4 times. Where is tech support located? You can tell they are not local.
    I love my Treo I just have one problem I would like them to address. I haven't been able to get them on the phone long enough to address it.
  20. #40  
    I do get tech support from p1. Don't listen to the recordings. press the keys to get a live person. Support is offshore in Phillipines or India. Both times they were able to help me and were very polite and knowledgeable. English was very good too. It took some time for them to search the answer. One was hot sync problem which they found to be pdanet which had to be uninstalled first before it would hot sync.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions