1.    #1  
    I have ALL my phone numbers as ###-###-####. Each time I get a call from someone in my contacts it says it is new and wants to add 1-###-###-####. Is there a way to change this?

Or a way to mass update phone numbers?

Luke
    Te >T3 > T3 > Zod2 > Z72 > waiting for t650
    on the treo 600 when at the dial pad you can go to the menu, and dialing options, and turn it off...

but i mean i like it...even when it dials a 1 in front of the number in your local region it will not charge you LD...its a nice feature in the event you ferget to add the 1 before calling LD
    On GSM phones, the best approach for me is to store them as +<countrycode><areacode><number>. The "+" means do whatever you have to do in your region to get into the long distance network (e.g. some places it's 00, some others 011, etc). That way if you're roaming internationally, the phones can be dialed normally.

But good question around changing globally -- is there any way of changing, say, "-" between digits to "."? Either on desktop or on the Treo?
    I had this same problem with numbers having 1's and others not, plus having (xxx)xxx-xxxx... I synced to outlook, exported to excel, did a few 'find and replaces', and imported it back to outlook... now the phone book is perfect
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistersleepy
    I had this same problem with numbers having 1's and others not, plus having (xxx)xxx-xxxx... I synced to outlook, exported to excel, did a few 'find and replaces', and imported it back to outlook... now the phone book is perfect
    Brilliant, did the same thing and it is perfect now.

Great way to mass edit contacts as well.

I tried contacts 5 at one point, and it add horrible amounts of extra crap in the notes field. Easy to get rid of all of that in excel.

Thanks!
    Te >T3 > T3 > Zod2 > Z72 > waiting for t650