1.    #1  
    Is there a way to configure VersaMail to ONLY retrieve new messages starting from, for example, today and on? I'm retrieving my .Mac (Apple) email.

Current Functionality: In VersaMail, when I explicitly choose to retrieve email (i.e., "Get"), it downloads ALL 100 emails.

Desired Functionality: 1.) I want a push email solution or have my Treo automatically check for new messages every 15mins and, 2.) I want my Treo to only retrieve NEW messages (not all messages in my Inbox).

Can someone help me achieve this desired functionality? I believe I have IMAP access to the .Mac (Apple) mailservers since that's the protocol listed in VersaMail's settings screen.

Before just getting my Treo 650, I was using a BlackBerry 7100t and it would only retrieve new emails sent to my .Mac Inbox - this is what I'm trying to mimic on the Treo. Thanks!
    Try chatter mail it gives you the push that you are looking for and much more stable then versamail

Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by koolio
    Is there a way to configure VersaMail to ONLY retrieve new messages starting from, for example, today and on? I'm retrieving my .Mac (Apple) email.

Current Functionality: In VersaMail, when I explicitly choose to retrieve email (i.e., "Get"), it downloads ALL 100 emails.

Desired Functionality: 1.) I want a push email solution or have my Treo automatically check for new messages every 15mins and, 2.) I want my Treo to only retrieve NEW messages (not all messages in my Inbox).

Can someone help me achieve this desired functionality? I believe I have IMAP access to the .Mac (Apple) mailservers since that's the protocol listed in VersaMail's settings screen.

Before just getting my Treo 650, I was using a BlackBerry 7100t and it would only retrieve new emails sent to my .Mac Inbox - this is what I'm trying to mimic on the Treo. Thanks!
    Hi,

There is no true "push" functionality with versamail that I know of at the moment. In order for it to be push you would need an SMS listener client that would intercept a server based SMS message to kick off a secure sync to the server. The IMAP portion of Versamail does not usually work with the "Sync automatically every XX minutes" feature. More information can be found here. The POP3 portion of Versamail allows you to fairly accuratly sync on a schedule. So, you are most likely out of luck if you want to stick with Versamail and sync to IMAP on a schedule.

As far as downloading new messages, here is what you want to do:
    1. Open Versamail
    2. Hit the "Menu" button (above the mail button and red phone of button)
    3. Options --> Preferences --> Delivery Options
    4. Check "Get Only Unread Messages" --> OK

Versamail is not the most robust mail client out there and sometimes it downloads all messages for me from the server. There is no real good logging to try to figure out what is happening on the Palm and I haven't bothered trying to deal with Palm or Sprint to figure it out since it is most likely a waste of time. YMMV.

Good Luck,
    Rory
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsprouse
    Hi,

There is no true "push" functionality with versamail that I know of at the moment. In order for it to be push you would need an SMS listener client that would intercept a server based SMS message to kick off a secure sync to the server. The IMAP portion of Versamail does not usually work with the "Sync automatically every XX minutes" feature. More information can be found here. The POP3 portion of Versamail allows you to fairly accuratly sync on a schedule. So, you are most likely out of luck if you want to stick with Versamail and sync to IMAP on a schedule.

As far as downloading new messages, here is what you want to do:
    1. Open Versamail
    2. Hit the "Menu" button (above the mail button and red phone of button)
    3. Options --> Preferences --> Delivery Options
    4. Check "Get Only Unread Messages" --> OK

Versamail is not the most robust mail client out there and sometimes it downloads all messages for me from the server. There is no real good logging to try to figure out what is happening on the Palm and I haven't bothered trying to deal with Palm or Sprint to figure it out since it is most likely a waste of time. YMMV.

Good Luck,
    Rory
    Thanks for the directions - I tried it and it does work but I think Chatter Mail is more what I'm looking for. I guess going with Chatter Mail is the only way to get true push email (like everyone's been saying).

So, when would I go the Fastmail route - to get POP email pushed to me? Thanks.