1.    #1  
    Well, looks like I can save myself $4/mo now that I'm switching from my Nokia 6820 to my Treo 600. According to this page Cingular doesn't cover the Treo 600 or 650. My homeowner's insurance still covers all of my posessions, though, and I can live with the $150 deductible if I should lose or break my Treo.

A question though, does palmOne include a manufacturer's warranty?
    I got the lady at the insurance company to admit that they would replace my buzzing handset as a "courtesy" and then cancel my coverage. She also dished me back to Cingular with several questions about warranties that nobody could answer. My opinion of Cingular has dropped considerably over this issue and I ended up fixing my unit myself in an hour.
    That's weird. The most expensive phones that Cingular market (SX66 and T650) are not eligible for insurance coverage. The more I find out about Cingular the more I like Sprint, despite having identical incompetent tech support people.

I'll call Cingular during business hours to see what this is all about.

Edit: Let's consolidate this thread with the other similar thread about Lok/Line. I've just enrolled in Lokline

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=72933
    Last edited by TonyH; 02/13/2005 at 12:53 PM.
    LockLine does NOT cover smartphones from Cingular. You would need to add this on as a scheduled/listed item on your homeowners policy. The Pa1mOne factory warranty applies, but not to abuse (broken screen).
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    LockLine does NOT cover smartphones from Cingular. You would need to add this on as a scheduled/listed item on your homeowners policy. The Pa1mOne factory warranty applies, but not to abuse (broken screen).
    So, if there is a technical problem with the device, p1 will replace it? How long is their warranty good for?