Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37
  1.    #1  
    Has this been discussed already? Is it worth the trouble? Will cingular listen? How about just a poll to see how many folks would buy the 650 from cingular if they could get some type of insurance either from lockline or the like.

    My simpathies to Woof, after seeing the picture of his dead 650, this hammers home the point even more. Sorry to be beating a dead horse, but this is a real sore point for me.
  2. #2  
    It's quite obvious that vast majority of the people here are more then willing to buy a 650 without insurance so your poll would be meaningless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo LVR/H8TR
    How about just a poll to see how many folks would buy the 650 from cingular if they could get some type of insurance either from lockline or the like.
  3. gdb
    gdb is offline
    gdb's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    #3  
    have you gone to www.lockline.com?

    It looks like you can enroll through there for cingular
    Last edited by gdb; 02/12/2005 at 08:33 AM.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gdb
    have you gone to www.lockline.com?

    It looks like you can enroll through there for cingular
    Yep, and pay $4 a month until you lose your phone and find out it isn't covered and your premiums are wasted.
  5. #5  
    No you can't enroll there ... it just tells you to call Cingular.
    Quote Originally Posted by gdb
    have you gone to www.lockline.com?

    It looks like you can enroll through there for cingular
  6. #6  
    I think they would have to refund your insurance payments.
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    Yep, and pay $4 a month until you lose your phone and find out it isn't covered and your premiums are wasted.
  7. #7  
    Supposedly Cingular is working on offering a new insurance plan one day to cover higher end devices like the Treo, RAZR, etc. The plan will be more than the standad $3.99 month (probably $5.99-6.99) and would have a higher deductible than the standard insurance. Not sure when this will become a reality but they are talking about it from what I have heard.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tec_Toyz
    Supposedly Cingular is working on offering a new insurance plan one day to cover higher end devices like the Treo, RAZR, etc. The plan will be more than the standad $3.99 month (probably $5.99-6.99) and would have a higher deductible than the standard insurance. Not sure when this will become a reality but they are talking about it from what I have heard.
    Would i be able to add this new insurance after the first 30 days? From my understanding, you can't add the lockline coverage after the first 30 days.
  9. #9  
    I have insurance on my 650 with cingular b2b. Paying $3.99/month. covers the new 650 and all of my older 600s, if the reps jerk you around, hang up and call someone else. you may get another rep at a different call center who has the actual info.
  10. #10  
    I just called Lockline, and was told the only way to get coverage for the Treo 650 is if it was accidentally added. From that statement, I would "ASSume" they would cover your 650 if you can somehow get them to add you on.

    When I called in, it let me set up service without telling me to call ATTWS. I did not go through the whole process because I wanted to make sure I would be covered. Has anyone ever tried to submit a claim for their 650 through Lockline.
    We are all dead, we just don't know it yet.
  11. #11  
    Unless they gave you (personally) special dispensation you are paying for something you don't have. You don't think YOUR rep could be wrong and added it in error? The "actual information" is the 650 isn't covered.

    Quote Originally Posted by dado96
    I have insurance on my 650 with cingular b2b. Paying $3.99/month. covers the new 650 and all of my older 600s, if the reps jerk you around, hang up and call someone else. you may get another rep at a different call center who has the actual info.
    Last edited by MisterEd; 02/12/2005 at 04:10 PM.
  12. #12  
    That sounds right, it could be covered in error but if it was an error do they have to pay a claim or are they only obligated to refund your insurance payments?
    Quote Originally Posted by thxac3
    I just called Lockline, and was told the only way to get coverage for the Treo 650 is if it was accidentally added.
  13. #13  
    State Farm quoted me $30 a year for $600 insurance on my phone. They just want a 'cost of replacement reciept' and a check.

    Luke
    Te >T3 > T3 > Zod2 > Z72 > waiting for t650
  14. #14  
    The insurance isn't an error, but maybe its something thats just offered on a B2B basis at the moment. I know of a few others who have insurance and a 650, and actually one that was replaced because of total loss. So the insurance does work.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by gdb
    have you gone to www.lockline.com?

    It looks like you can enroll through there for cingular
    If you try to enroll online by using Cingular as your carrier and one of the phones that are not eligible (all PDA phones such as T650 and SX66) then you're given the option to call their toll free number. When you do, you are given a long speech about coverage, eligibility, and in the barrage of words you will hear that PDA phones are not covered.

    If you enroll using the phone automated system, you're only asked for your mobile number. 15 minutes later your phone will ring to verify that it is working.

    oops! phone ringing....completed the enrollment.......no questions about what type of phone it is. hmmmmm

    Will they say my $700 SX66 was enrolled by mistake, and I'm okay?
  16. #16  
    When you order your phone from ATTWS/Cingular, the sales rep has the ability to enroll your treo onto Lockline. You can even call lockline after the fact to verify that your device is covered.
  17. #17  
    Thats what made switching to sprint a little easier for me. I have been reading treocentral and seen how many people had to get their 650 replaced, and they talked about sprints insurance. I wondered why cingular never offered insurance, I couldn't get my treo 600 insurred with them, and it's an expensive device, now the 650 is an even more expensive device. I think I pay 5.00 a month for the insurance on my treo 650 through sprint. That would be great news for you guys that have cingular if they start offering insurance for the 650.
  18. #18  
    Of course he can and of course it will show as covered if he enters it as covered. That doesn't mean it's an allowed device. A sales drone can also give you a plan (voice or data) that isn't allowed, or add 100 minutes a month to your plan, or incorrectly make you pay for a $79 data plan on the 650. That however doesn't mean he is doing it right and it might not mean it's covered. From personal experience, I can say they don't cover PDA phones on B2B .... or at least the 650 and SX66. I'm talking from the ATT side though and not Cingular. Maybe your company has some sort of special negotiated deal with Cingular through Lockline, I'll give you that possibilty but ATT/Cingular through lockline doesn't currently (at least since October) insure the 650 or SX66. Whether they are forced to pay a claim or just refund your insurance if you incorrectly get coverage, that I don't know.


    Quote Originally Posted by dado96
    When you order your phone from ATTWS/Cingular, the sales rep has the ability to enroll your treo onto Lockline. You can even call lockline after the fact to verify that your device is covered.
  19. #19  
    You cannot get insurance on any of the high end phones through Cingular. I have a b2b account with almost 200 phones including some blackberries and my Treo 650 and none of them have insurance, and trust me I have tried. If your being told you have it, YOU DONT!!!
    Treoseur
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhat3k1
    You cannot get insurance on any of the high end phones through Cingular. I have a b2b account with almost 200 phones including some blackberries and my Treo 650 and none of them have insurance, and trust me I have tried. If your being told you have it, YOU DONT!!!
    Sprint will give you $5/month total equipment protection on any phone, high or law end. It is the high end phones for which you need the insurance, not the crappy (Actually some cheap phones are not crappy) free phones. What is Cingular and Lockline thinking?

    As I say above, I enrolled in Cingular-Lockline via the automated phone service. There was no question about what kind of phone it was. I'll find out tomorrow if they will honor their mistake and cover my $700 PPC phone, o back out by saying "Oops! We though you had a $40 phone.".
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions