1.    #1  
    Just to let everyone know that Cingular's MEdia Works Plan will no longer include Unlimited GPRS starting Monday the 14th. Anyone that already has it will be "Grandfathered" in so get it while you can! Starting Monday it will only include 3MB monthly!
    It started today, my friend. We've discussed this in other threads.
    Are you sure that you will be grandfathered in if you already had media works prior to TODAY?
    Yes, unless you decide to change something in your account, like port a new number, or possibly anything that is major change in the account. I went through hell when they reverted me to the 3 MB. They are still working on getting approval to restore the unlimited MW for me.
    Let me preface this by saying I'm a total novice when it comes to the Treo or Treo type products, so go easy on me.

Can someone either tell me the difference between the MEdia Works plans and the Data Connect plans that Cingular offers or point me to a pre-existing answer to this question? I tried asking this question of the Cingular customer service people over the phone, but, somewhat predictably, they were of no help.

Thanks.
    Data Connect are for laptops using wireless cards. They start with a few megs at $29.99 and end up with unlimited for $79.99.

MEdia Works is (was) the unlimited plan for phones for $19.99. Now that Cingular is selling PDA phones they want to stick it to customers by limiting this plan to access 3MB per month. They added a new unlimited plan (MEdia Net Unlimited) for $24.99.
    Every person I talked to at Cingular had a different story for me. I was being told I needed the data connect plan for a Treo. Thanks for clearing that up.
    so - I suppose I'll get yelled at too, because this has already been discussed, but will medianet work like a data plan - edge and the rest - how about roaming? Sorry if this has already been covered.
    Actually they are selling a $39.99 unlimited plan as of today.
    I believe you, but the cutoff date was yesterday. Cingular staff is just as confused as consumers are, and most still have not received training about the new plans.

My plan reverted from unlimited to 3MB MW, and I'm in the process of getting it restored to unlimited, and getting a bunch of freebies in the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottmt
    Every person I talked to at Cingular had a different story for me. I was being told I needed the data connect plan for a Treo. Thanks for clearing that up.
    Trust me, that's no surprise. Cingular has successfully confused the sh*t out of everyone regarding their data plans, employees and customers included.
    1 | 2
    Here in NJ they still show the $24.99 "unlimited media net" (no sms or mms) when you add the 650. Still no mention of the $39.99 plan - YET.
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    I don't understand why Cingular is doing this. They did focus groups (business clients) for months and found out that no one was willing to pay 40-50 dollars for a data plan. Only positive remarks for the 19.99 plan. I was never asked about the 39.99 plan. They gave me media works for 19.99. I plan to port a number to my treo 650. I hope they don't change anything.
    When they are done with the porting be sure they they double check MEdia Works and if it reverted they should restore it to unlimited. Once they close the transaction it's gonna require management approval to restore it and possibly several days.
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    cr@p....Is there any threads or other sites talking about this cause I just checked for some zip codes in my state and it still has MEdia Net - Unlimited for $24.99.

Damn Cinfular just changed the plan Friday now they change it again the next day

palmOne Treo 650 Unlocked GSM / Axalto 64k SIM / Cingular Nation 900 w/ Rollover / MEdia Net Unlimited /

Phone Info: Firmware: 1.14 / Software: Treo650-1.05-ROW
    Accessories: palmOne Cradle Kit for Treo 650 / Free 128MB SD from palmOne / Cardo Scala 500 BT Headset / Krusell Classic & Horizontic Case / Brando Screen Protector
    On The Way: ???