Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My treo 650 disconnected its Covertec case from my belt in an apparent suicide and did a swan dive onto the asphault tonite. I dont know why it did this. I treated it very well. Of course the exposed corner hit not the case covered bit. You can guess the result.
    Anyone have the lockline number handy? and are they open on Saturday?
    I am so bummed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    woof...so sorry. at least you'll get a fresh one. call *2 to see how to contact lockline.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    woof...so sorry. at least you'll get a fresh one. call *2 to see how to contact lockline.
    Cant call *2, she's dead. Lights on but no one is home.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Ouch! That hurts...
    Yep, serious bummer! Hopefully Lockline will have you back to normal quickly! Would be very interested to hear of your experience with Lockline.
    I am a noob to the Treo Family.. Heck im still awaiting my unlocked version.. What is Lockline?
    Guess your wife has a smile in her face?
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    make it official.... smash it with a hammer
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by freudov23
    Woof,

That's what you get for voting for W

Seriously though, I never have cared to dangle my $600 phone off my hip. Better luck with the replacement.
    Kick a guy when he is down.

Called lockline. No reps this late. Will call again tomorrow.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    This is exactly why i want some type of insurance (from cingular) an or extended warranty. Sorry to be beating a dead horse. I am also seeing now that Palmone offers an extended warranty called Palmone care for its handhelds, but not the Treo line. What's up with that?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Lockline - 800-878-6769

I also have a number listed in my contacts as SprintPCS Insurance - 800-584-3666.

I'm not sure what that one is.
    I can't believe Palm one can't make a phone that doesn't break.

When is there going to be a patch for the Dropped-phone-need to call lockline-problem?

LOCKLINE: INSURANCE FOR BROKEN PALM. GET IT! YOU w i l l NEED IT!

Here is a list of SPRINT numbers for insurance...

http://www.sprintpcs.com/support/help/help114.html
    Sorry......thats suicide. Your Treo must of read all the post here. Call Lockline early tomorrow & get a new one, with out problems....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Sorry to hear (and see), Woof. At least your Fujitsu notebook is still in good condition.
    My condolences in your loss.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I just got my Covertec case yesterday. I just posted my "review" of it on the accessory board and this was one of the things I posted:

#2) The clip on it is nice but the metal clip part isn't really long enough to snap over a wide belt so it MIGHT slip off.

Now I am really concerned.

I htink I'm going to have a small metal grommet punched in it so I can attach some sort of lanyard to chain it to my belt loop.
    i used to dangle my 270 and prism/vp off my hip. the 270 fell/jumped a couple times, but survived.

my 600 and my future 650 will be in my pocket with only brando to protect it.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Been using Covertec horizontal for year and a half and it's never come clise to happening (yet). Maybe 'cause I don't wear wide belts. Be glad my i-volution gets here so it can go into my pocket!
    I'm hopeing my, er, waistline will keep it pushed down so it won't fall. I'm talking about a normal "jeans" belt, about 1 1/8" wide.
    Quote Originally Posted by 650now
    Been using Covertec horizontal for year and a half and it's never come clise to happening (yet). Maybe 'cause I don't wear wide belts. Be glad my i-volution gets here so it can go into my pocket!
    by far the best clip ive ever seen (and ive owned a few cases from different brands over my time)...is the vaja ultra clip....its a hunk of metal fused to the case.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast