Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I can't get insurance because I bought an unlocked 650 from P1. I know there is home owner and others, but I don't want the hassel of it. I can tell you this from experience, that the treo 90 is built very well. To this day I still use it and it gets worked. I just hope the 650 lives up to it.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    So now I wait. Need to get a phone to use in the mean time. Anyone have a suggestion on the best way to get a phone to use today throough Thursday?
    If you happen to live in Las Vegas, you can use my old T600. Otherwise, how about trying a pawn shop or goodwill? You can likely find an old PCS phone for $20 to get you through.

If you don't need your current number, why not try out another carrier? Just change your voice mail to direct people to the new number. I think you can get a GSM Treo risk free for 14 to 30 days.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by agn727
    If you happen to live in Las Vegas, you can use my old T600. Otherwise, how about trying a pawn shop or goodwill? You can likely find an old PCS phone for $20 to get you through.

If you don't need your current number, why not try out another carrier? Just change your voice mail to direct people to the new number. I think you can get a GSM Treo risk free for 14 to 30 days.
    thats very generous, but I dont live in Vegas.

Found an old phone of my wife's, will get that activated for the temporary.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Sorry to hear about your suicide...I had an attempted suicide, came out with only a minor corner ding and a 256 MB SD card treasure hunt! Dropped my phone first thing Friday morning getting out of my car at work. Late Saturday afternoon my husband inquired about my missing SD card...what kind of question was that, MISSING? I quickly recalled the near fatal incident which was some 36+ hours ago. We decided to make the trek into town and had an amazing recovery of the lone SD card, lying safely in the parking lot next to a flattened Bud Lite bottle cap!

Seriously, a word to the wise...if you too experience a suicide or attempted suicide delay your mourning for one moment until you locate your SD card! Lockline probably won't cover that!
    Loving my Treo 650 and HBH-660 Bluetooth headset!
  5.    #45  
    got a tracking number from Lockline. New 650 is on it's way and will land here tomorrow. Man it has been a long 4 days so far. Having a cute little phone is nice but man is it useless for anything but calls. No emails, not surfing, no pics, no schedule. How do people w/regular phones stand it?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Woof,

Did Lockline require you to send back the damaged unit?
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodHw
    Woof,

Did Lockline require you to send back the damaged unit?
    Yes I have to send it back but not until I recv the new one.
    — Ed Howdershelt
  8.    #48  
    Got my new treo just a few minutes ago. Called Sprint to activate. Got thru in less tahn 1 minute. Did the activation and she said give it two hours. Hung up landline and tried the treo. works already and the temp pjone is dead now. Pretty fast.

Cant remember the code to see the refurb status, anyone?
    — Ed Howdershelt
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123