Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    http://www.howardforums.com/archive/topic/487321-1.html

They make incredible cases, but they're just too "big" (IMHO). They add too much bulk to an already big enough device.
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    by far the best clip ive ever seen (and ive owned a few cases from different brands over my time)...is the vaja ultra clip....its a hunk of metal fused to the case.
    i agree...the only time i had the ultra clip was with my first vaja case (when i clip em to my belt still)...it was huge and too much...ever since then, i buy a case with no clip...it goes in my pocket..

oh yeah...that pic in the beginning of this thread...geez...i am so sorry guy...that is well just..brutal...i hope everything works out...

funny, yesterday when i was getting out of my car, i went to get my treo, it slipped (i guess cause i had just played with some windshield wash fluid, and some of the teflon based stuff was still on my fingers)...it slipped obviously...and well as per usualy turn its normal path to fall to the ground.. From my hand, bounces off the passenger seat,...hits the floor where there is the plastic/metal (if you get it which is cool) where the bottom of the door meets...does a 3 and half twist, followed by landing on the ashplat, antenna first, followed by the stylus corner....it was fine ..the worst fall to date, was when i was at a gas station...same path to the ground (very cool i must say) however it was from approx 4 - 5 feet and onto concrete
    I tried the pocket route .... even with no case I just can't deal with it ..... although the women did smile at me when I walked down the street.
    i agree...the only time i had the ultra clip was with my first vaja case (when i clip em to my belt still)...it was huge and too much...ever since then, i buy a case with no clip...it goes in my pocket..
    oh sweet bejebus.. naw im fine with it....the vajacase (ivolution) with a boxwave screen protector is a perfect combo for me...furthermore i wear cargo pants...to school...to work...to sleep (well no not really)...so i have pockets up the ying yang, and well i have other things in my pocket...so hey im assuming you were compensating eh....and fess up...the cops told you to stop doing that because you were pushing indicent exposure...huh...huh punk
    Yea, they figured I was just another D.O.M. and let me go. At my age, I'd look more like a Cargo VAN if I was wearing Cargo PANTS. But I could see how they would make it easier.
    oh sweet bejebus.. naw im fine with it....the vajacase (ivolution) with a boxwave screen protector is a perfect combo for me...furthermore i wear cargo pants...to school...to work...to sleep (well no not really)...so i have pockets up the ying yang, and well i have other things in my pocket...so hey im assuming you were compensating eh....and fess up...the cops told you to stop doing that because you were pushing indicent exposure...huh...huh punk
    I have used the Nutshell cases just for this reason. www.tuff-as-nuts.com I always order the belt loop version with the tab top closure. It is a pouch style case, which fits very tightly to your waist. You can wear it horizontally or vertically, and once you slip your belt through it, it is physically impossible to fall off.

I always wear mine horizontally with the opening facing forward. That way I can easily grip the Treo and pull it out. The cases soften up and form to the Treo after only a few days. I have used 4 of thier cases for my various devices and the quality and delivery (4 days from New Zealand) are consistant and outstanding.

Plus, if you don't like it, ship it back to them for a full refund plus return postage.
    Thanks,

np
    The belt loop IS by far the best idea (Krussel has that option as well). Only downside to that is you have to get undressed to remove it. I also don't like the side opening when horiz. If they had a top opening horiz case it would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickp
    I have used the Nutshell cases just for this reason. www.tuff-as-nuts.com I always order the belt loop version with the tab top closure. It is a pouch style case, which fits very tightly to your waist. You can wear it horizontally or vertically, and once you slip your belt through it, it is physically impossible to fall off.

I always wear mine horizontally with the opening facing forward. That way I can easily grip the Treo and pull it out. The cases soften up and form to the Treo after only a few days. I have used 4 of thier cases for my various devices and the quality and delivery (4 days from New Zealand) are consistant and outstanding.

Plus, if you don't like it, ship it back to them for a full refund plus return postage.
    heheh mistered...heheh hung like a horse...oh wait..YUCK DANG IT!

so mistered...question...what is the perfect case for you (doesnt have to be one out now, but if you could build one, what would it be)
    Well, the Convertec or a HORIZONTAL Nutshell with belt loop. Or if they added a grommet in the Convertec to attach a "lifeline" to the belt loop.

By the way, I'm NOT THAT MisterEd. But don't ask my wife how I got that nick.

heheh mistered...heheh hung like a horse...oh wait..YUCK DANG IT!

so mistered...question...what is the perfect case for you (doesnt have to be one out now, but if you could build one, what would it be)
    ahh so your product is the product of other products

hahah btw...yeah i think im gonna lay down in the fetal position now sucking my thumb and crying for my mommie
    Quote Originally Posted by nickp
    I agree with your assessment of Nutshell's quality, but wearing the case in the manner that you described can have its pitfalls. I had a Handspring Visor PDA about two PDA models ago, and carried it in a Nutshell case, in the same way as you. Every now and then, I would brush against something and cause the velcro tab to come undone. One day, this happened, and I turned quickly while the tab was open. The inertia caused the Visor to come out of the case, and fell to a concrete floor. Results were predictable.

I don't think this would have happened if I had been carrying the Visor case upright, but I've never been a big fan of cases that hung below the belt line. My present Treo case is an E&B Copilot "pouch" case. I picked that one because it has a belt loop instead of a clip. I've had the clips come undone a few times, and almost left the PDA on an airplane seat twice.
  12.    #32  
    my has this thread gone in strange directions...MisterEds equipment? Hmmm.

Called Lockline @ 1-80-584-3666 and spoke with a very nice lady named Dee. Very short conversation. She onfirmed I had a 650 and asked what happened. Confirmed the date of the suicide. Took my cc number for the deductable and advised she was ordering a replacement PalmOne Sprint treo 650 reconditioned and I would have it in my hot little hands no later than Wednesday the 16th.

Not wild about the refurb, but maybe I'll get new. We'll see. It will have a 12 month warranty she said.

So now I wait. Need to get a phone to use in the mean time. Anyone have a suggestion on the best way to get a phone to use today throough Thursday?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    well at least you are getting a "new" unit...but yeah refurbed is still refurbed i agree.. Again sorry to hear what happend with your toy, and well maybe this one wont be as depressed..

stupid assumption..im assuming now, since the "accident" till you get your refurbed unit, you will be without a cell phone eh?
  14.    #34  
    well at least you are getting a "new" unit...but yeah refurbed is still refurbed i agree.. Again sorry to hear what happend with your toy, and well maybe this one wont be as depressed..

stupid assumption..im assuming now, since the "accident" till you get your refurbed unit, you will be without a cell phone eh?
    Ya without a phone, feeling really naked and cut off. No biggie over the weekend but I need it for business on Monday.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    too bad you couldnt negotiate for a temporary activation of one of your old CDMA phones (im assuming you have an old CDMA phone)
  16.    #36  
    I dont, if I did I'd just hit *2 and have one turned on. I ebay all my old phones when I get new ones.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    thats pretty cool to be honest.. its always good to have a backup..especially when you are in GSM, i know you are in CDMA...
    Woof,
    So sorry man. I'm using the I-Volution WITH the Ultra Clip so it does dangle on my waist. Heck, I've even got "Doctor Doom" engraved on the back, but it seems to be safe for now. I just can't put the damn thing in my pocket. Too much crap in there already, plus I like the "Gunfighter in the Old West" feeling of having it on my hip. Now if Bluetooth worked properly and keeping it in my pocket didn't cause static city...well, maybe its my massive "girth" that causes the static...
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Do you guys remember the case made by incase for the Treo 90,180,270,300's? I would like to find a case like that one again for my 650. It was a prefect case. It looks like I will have to make one if I can't find something that is close.
    And congrats to Woof for getting a new(refurb?) phone thru insurance. I can't get insurance with my treo so it looks like I might end up wrapping my hand and treo up with duct tape.http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie
    Do you guys remember the case made by incase for the Treo 90,180,270,300's? I would like to find a case like that one again for my 650. It was a prefect case. It looks like I will have to make one if I can't find something that is close.
    And congrats to Woof for getting a new(refurb?) phone thru insurance. I can't get insurance with my treo so it looks like I might end up wrapping my hand and treo up with duct tape.http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif
    Robbie why cant you get insurance?
    — Ed Howdershelt
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast