Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys, I have searched every post on this and most of my problems have been cured thanks to everyones help, the cwmx.com REALLY helped alot with my sending mail problem! However I still cannot download my mail from Yahoo. I am using 2 accounts in Versamal and can send and receive perfectly with one account, but I can only send mail through my Yahoo account and cannot dowload any. When I sync my Treo it pulls them emails perfectly but when I try to do it mobile I receive the same error message, "Unable to connect to pop.mail.yahoo.com Please verify your server name entry." I have checked, and double checked my settings right from Outlook and everything matches perfectly. Does anyone have any ideas? Sorry if this has been covered before. Thanks!
  2. #2  
    Make sure you paid for Pop access first...it's a yearly fee.
    Treo 650 Unlocked GSM FW1.23
  3.    #3  
    Forgot to include that, implied it by saying I checked the settings in my Outlook, but yes I do pay the yearly fee.
  4. #4  
    Try removing it, and then re-enter all the settings....should be simple as Outlook
    Treo 650 Unlocked GSM FW1.23
  5. #5  
    There shouldn't be anything tricky about this. The setup is pretty easy. Select "Yahoo" in the drop-down menu (the list of service providers) and then enter your yahoo id, password, etc. All the rest should autofill, like pop.mail.yahoo.com, and smtp.mail.yahoo.com. Keep in mind that yahoo adds the "mail" in there. But this should all autofill...I wonder what is wrong with your Versamail?
    Have you tried a reset (soft or hard)?
    Hope this helps.
  6.    #6  
    I know this is easy, and I didnt have any problems out of it on my T3 and when I set up my home ISP's email account on the 650 it worked the very first time. I have added and deleted but havent tried a reset, didnt see how it would help.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerkang
    Select "Yahoo" in the drop-down menu (the list of service providers)
    I just noticed that my Versamail does not have Yahoo as an option in the drop down list. It only lists, Other, Exchange ActiveSync, Bell South, Earthlink, and SBC. Could I have an older version or sonething??
  8.    #8  
    Oh yeah, I even had VersaMail import my Outlook Yahoo settings through the Palm Desktop and it still did not work. Although when I clicked on "test Settings" everything checked out and it pulled all of my new mail through the HotSync it still would not work from the 650.
  9.    #9  
    Any suggestions here guys?
  10. #10  
    I use it for sending and receiving with no problem and I'm using Yahoo's own SMTP server to send. Not being able to receive is REALLY strange as that needs nothing but username and password.

    Looking at mine:
    Account setup
    New account

    First screen: Chose YAHOO from the dropdown for mail service
    Chose POP for protocol.

    Hit NEXT:
    Entered username and password

    Hit Next:
    Entered my yahoo email address
    Incoming is pop.mail.yahoo.com
    Outgoing is smtp.mail.yahoo.com

    Hit Next:
    Hit ADVANCED button (made sure APOP and SSL is NOT checked)

    Hit Next:
    Checked USE ESMTP authentication
    Put in my YAHOO username and password for the SMTP side

    Hit DONE

    Sends and receives fine.

    Make sure you're not logged into Yahoo mail on another PC as it will sometimes lock you out.

    Edit: This may or may not matter but my 650 is an ATT model.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tec_Toyz
    Any suggestions here guys?
  11. #11  
    for some reason on my treo, it always tries to download ALL the messages in my yahoo account instead of the last week, like i specify. no idea.
  12. #12  
    In versamail:

    Options
    Preferences
    DELIVERY OPTIONS
    Get Only: CHECK UNREAD MESSAGES AND 1 WEEK

    SERVERS: Leave mail on server after downloading (if you want to get it at home as well)

    It probably will still look at all your messages but not download them so it will take time.


    Quote Originally Posted by dethman
    for some reason on my treo, it always tries to download ALL the messages in my yahoo account instead of the last week, like i specify. no idea.
  13. #13  
    The Yahoo problem seems to be a Cingular problem:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...5&pagenumber=1
  14.    #14  
    Double Post, sorry!
  15.    #15  
    This is very strange for 2 reasons:

    1. My Treo does not even have Yahoo as an option in the first screen drop down box. I stated this in my previous post, however...

    2. I just setup a new Yahoo account with a different user name and set it up in VersaMail. Used the standard settings, and the cwmx.com SMTP info and everything worked Perfect, first time!

    3. I see the previous post about the Cingular problem and I am a cingular customer (employee) so why would one Yahoo account work perfect and the other have all the problems?

    I'm really not that clueless in this area, but it is very strange. I would hate to have to change all my email addresses to the new one! It's starting to look like I may have to. I do not see Yahoo helping me out here, especially using an external wireless source, they'd love that one
  16. verks's Avatar
    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    #16  
    I'm having the exact same problem. Cingular is my provider, I have a SBC global account/Yahoo and I receive the same error messages you do. AHHHH! I can't stand it anymore. The strange thing is, is that it worked correctly once. I'm at a loss.....
  17. #17  
    Maybe they fixed the problem? I seems to be pretty well documented on HoFo. Dozens of people suddenly weren't able to do Yahoo POP or even get to Yahoo websites.

    As for the drop down ... I didn't see it either (not that it matters if you use it or not) but it was like the 20th down the list and I didn't realize it would scroll past the 5 or 6 that showed on the screen.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tec_Toyz
    This is very strange for 2 reasons:

    1. My Treo does not even have Yahoo as an option in the first screen drop down box. I stated this in my previous post, however...

    2. I just setup a new Yahoo account with a different user name and set it up in VersaMail. Used the standard settings, and the cwmx.com SMTP info and everything worked Perfect, first time!

    3. I see the previous post about the Cingular problem and I am a cingular customer (employee) so why would one Yahoo account work perfect and the other have all the problems?

    I'm really not that clueless in this area, but it is very strange. I would hate to have to change all my email addresses to the new one! It's starting to look like I may have to. I do not see Yahoo helping me out here, especially using an external wireless source, they'd love that one
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    As for the drop down ... I didn't see it either (not that it matters if you use it or not) but it was like the 20th down the list and I didn't realize it would scroll past the 5 or 6 that showed on the screen.
    Just FYI, Mine does not have that large of a drop down list, I just checked it again and it only lists the one I mentioned above.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by verks
    I'm having the exact same problem. Cingular is my provider, I have a SBC global account/Yahoo and I receive the same error messages you do. AHHHH! I can't stand it anymore. The strange thing is, is that it worked correctly once. I'm at a loss.....
    I am a SBC/Yahoo customer as well. Don't use the standard yahoo setup, use the the sbcglobal.yahoo.com set up to get your email.
  20. #20  
    I had been having many of the same issues getting Versamail to work with Yahoo. I am not ordinarily an Outlook user, but the VersaMail User Guide kindly posted by CRC408 (see VersaMail User Guide ), cites Outlook and Yahoo several times in the same breath. So, I set up Outlook to sync with Yahoo, then I did a HotSync to my 650, and it worked like a champ!

    BTW, many of the problems seen last week by folks here in the Northeastern US were likely caused by a problem with Cingular "data communications" (technical term from the folks at the Cingular helpdesk) which took several days to get resolved.

    Good luck!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions