1.    #1  
    What happened?? It's only been 2 months and my Treo is already wearing out??? I have left it plugged in to the wall still for now; should I call PalmOne and get a repalcement?
  2.    #2  
    This is the unlocked GSM version, hardware Rev B directly from PalmOne if that matters.
    I recently encountered the same problem - green light at 84% after about six months of use. Called PalmOne (took three tries - the first two calls disconnected after about half an hour on hold) but they agreed it sounded like a hardware problem so they are replacing my 600 (two weeks before the warranty ends). Same rev, same unlocked GSM bought directly from PalmOne (actually it's the second replacement, the original unit developed the dreaded buzzing problem and was replaced in the summer).

The trickiest part was navigating support -- PalmOne generally insists that you call the carrier for support, and the carrier will insist that you call PalmOne for warranty service, and PalmOne's online support request form for repairs specifically excludes warranty issues, so you are stuck having to call them and hope that you actually connect to a live human at some point. Massive waste of time if it wasn't for speakerphones...
    That's cause your battery, thanks to your internal battery...it will soon start to re-set everytime, you use it.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I have an Oct 2003 Handspring treo 600. I have the feeling that it is taking longer to charge the phone. I know that my IBM thinkpad batteries eventually die. Do the Treo batteries die? If it dies, can it be replaced?

Thanks.
    All rechargeable batteries eventually die - typically in 12 to 18 months, 24 max in my experience. The 600 doesn't have replaceable batteries so you just have to swap the entire unit, or entrust it to a company that will change the battery for you... or try it yourself, if you feel comfortable opening the case and the 600 is out of warranty... instructions on that are posted elsewhere on TC...
    thanks. Just what I needed.
  8. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Not to panic. There may be nothing wrong with your battery.

Sometimes the battery indicator reads incorreclty and is out of synch with the actual battery charge level. This is common. First, try a soft reset. If that fails then discharge the battery and fully recharge it. This should recalibrate your battery indicator. Good luck.
    I have a Treo 600 (2nd one) that is starting to lose battery integrity. One hour after unplugging it from the hotsync cable this morning I was at 65%. Incredible. No phone calls, limited web browsing. I am on Sprint. This unit is about 7 or 8 months old. Any idea what I can do?
    When I had my 600 it was doing the same, and started to freeze. I took it to the local Sprint store, they tested it, and replaced it. I would try the Store first.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Common problem. Common fix is to plug it into your charger and reset it using the pin hole. Do this occasionally to keep the battery delivering its full charge and not dropping to 82% minutes after you unplug it. I've had my Treo 600 for 16 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by zachleber
    Common problem. Common fix is to plug it into your charger and reset it using the pin hole. Do this occasionally to keep the battery delivering its full charge and not dropping to 82% minutes after you unplug it. I've had my Treo 600 for 16 months.
    Search on the palm One KB for how to perform a "battery reset", it can help you for sure!
    Ciao

Ettore
    Ok ... this is weird. I just tried what zachleber said and tried a pin resent while the Treo is plugged in. Nothing. .. I mean it won't reset. I can't get it to work. I pressed and pushed and went in and out and NOTHING. No reset. What does this mean? OYE ... my treo is dying? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....
    Be careful with the reset button - if you hold it down for a few seconds it will hard reset your phone which will erase all your data. Just one click for a soft reset. Make sure to use the special reset pin which you get at by unscrewing the tip of your stylus all the way.
  15. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zachleber
    Be careful with the reset button - if you hold it down for a few seconds it will hard reset your phone which will erase all your data. Just one click for a soft reset. Make sure to use the special reset pin which you get at by unscrewing the tip of your stylus all the way.
    No. This is misinformation. A hard reset is accomplished by simultaneously holding down the power button and depressing the reset pin. Only pressing the pin even for a few seconds simply soft resets the device (like rebooting your computer). Here is a link explaining the different kinds of resets:

Reseting the Treo 600
    Thank you for correcting me. My mistake.
  17.    #17  
    thanks for the help everybody...turned out that it was just a glitch in the battery status