1.    #1  
    I received my replacement Treo 600 today (Lockline) and was setting it up. I didn't back up the old one, so I was adding my web favorites one at a time. When I added the Yahoo mail page (wap.oa.yahoo.com), my Yahoo ID appeared on the screen. How can this be? There were no cookies stored by the browser for this site because I had not been to this Yahoo site with this Treo. How did Yahoo know it was me?
    Spoooooooky!

Seriously. Given what you said, they shouldn't. Unless WAP passes the phone number and your number was your ID in their DB.
  3.    #3  
    It is kind of spooky. I did go through the Vision Home page (messaging, then email, then Yahoo) to get to Yahoo. Still, how does the Vision Home page link me to a particular Yahoo ID?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekep
    I received my replacement Treo 600 today (Lockline) and was setting it up. I didn't back up the old one, so I was adding my web favorites one at a time. When I added the Yahoo mail page (wap.oa.yahoo.com), my Yahoo ID appeared on the screen. How can this be? There were no cookies stored by the browser for this site because I had not been to this Yahoo site with this Treo. How did Yahoo know it was me?
    Because you have the same IP, and you're still signed in, Yahoo! will recognize you. If you log out of yahoo and power cycle they won't know who you are.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks. I think that explains it. So Yahoo uses the IP address, not a cookie to recognize me?

This may be a stupid question, but what do you mean by power cycle?
    Yes it's your IP #. Or that phone was recycled from your other you, out there.......
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter