Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Having this problem again. No sound through the speaker with Pocket tunes, however, speakerphone works. WTF is going on?

While Pocket tunes is playing, I installed Freedom from toysoft and enabled the speaker and the music immediately came on. This tells me it is not a problem with the jack, at least not on my phone. It's some s/w bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    Having this problem again. No sound through the speaker with Pocket tunes, however, speakerphone works. WTF is going on?

While Pocket tunes is playing, I installed Freedom from toysoft and enabled the speaker and the music immediately came on. This tells me it is not a problem with the jack, at least not on my phone. It's some s/w bug.

I agree. I think there are two problems. One is jack related and the other is SW related and different people have different problems.

I think my SW problem started when I installed Sound Recorder from one of the Forum posts, but that is just a guess. I did a hard reset (as part of the 1.08 upgrade) but still no sound. I will have to check into Freedom.

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    ... I installed Freedom from toysoft and enabled the speaker and the music immediately came on. ...
    newtreouser,

I downloaded the 10 day free demo of Freedom from ToySoft onto my Treo 650 SD card (even though the webpage said it was for the Treo 600) and it fixed my internal speaker problem!!!! Fantastic!!!

I am sure glad I didn't go the RMA route with Sprint!

Now I just need to keep an eye for what configured the internal speaker off in the first place.

Thanks.

Mike
    Mike, be careful with Freedom on the 650 because at best, it causes soft resets, at worst, the white screen of death that requires a hard reset. ymmv
    I was still not getting sound after using "Freedom". Actually, as I wrote earlier, while PTunes was playing, I installed Freedom and enabled the speaker, sound came through immediately. What I didn't write was what happened next. I got the white screen, I did a soft reset, but keep getting the white screen. Had to do a hard reset and restore from SD. After all that still no sound thru speaker. So I tried to re-install Freedom without PTunes playing, enabled the speaker, then immediately uninstalled Freedom. PTunes played thru the speaker after that and SoundRec also playback now. But how llong will that last?

We have to get PalmOne to acknowledge and fix this bug. Anyone willing to spend some time and call P1 tech support?
    I had the same problem. I had no sound through the external speaker nor the earpiece speaker. People could hear me but I couldn't hear anything. So, I opened the phone and I noticed that the middle connector did not move at all when I put a headset Plug in. It always looked like this:
    http://151.196.73.166/ff/connector.jpg

So I jammed a little piece of plastic into the connector to force it open:
    http://151.196.73.166/ff/connector_open.jpg

I thought this would enable the normal phone earpiece spearker but would not allow use of a headset. However, everything works just like normal - so far. I fear this might be a bad thing to do (that switch is there for a reason, right?), but my Treo is a hacked Sprint phone on Verizon's network phone, so I got no warrantee.

If anyone knows why this works or can shed more light on this issue, please share. Also, does the bottom connector server any function? Mine moves but doesn't fully close when the Plug is inserted.

(I attached the same pictures just in case the hyperlinked ones stop working some day.)
    BTW, big thanks to Cadillacman for his post and some personal email help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I followed your very helpful tip about using Freedom to turn my speaker back on. Unfortunately, my headset now doesn't work when I plugged in. It looks like the Freedom fix is forcing everything to go to the speaker, even when a headset is plugged in, and even after I uninstalled Freedom.

I was very happy when I thought that Freedom fixed the problem, but after discovering this headset issue, I was forced to do a hard reset in order to use my headset again. Now, I'm back to square one with no speaker

Any suggestions??
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12