1.    #1  
    Is there a way to type a lower case e with an over bar?

I ask because officially the e in "Treo" has an over bar on it, but on my Treo650 there is no way to actually TYPE this.

Isn't that kind of odd? Shouldn't a product be able to type/generate/display its own name properly?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Not really part of the Qwerty keyboard if you ask me
    Probably it's not an over bar, probably it's just an accent. Like in tréo, clié, etc
    I believe it's not an accent but the phonetic spelling as in a long eeeeee

treeeeeeeeeeeo
    Otherwise it would be a 'tray-o'!
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif
    Is there a way to type a lower case e with an over bar?

I ask because officially the e in "Treo" has an over bar on it, but on my Treo650 there is no way to actually TYPE this.

Isn't that kind of odd? Shouldn't a product be able to type/generate/display its own name properly?
    If you really have a problem with this you should head over to the class action lawsuit thread.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    I'm sorry, but I want to take a class-action dump on those threads. I don't understand why people don't just return their frickin' phones if they don't like them.
    dutch, you left out an e
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    dutch, you left out an e
    http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=phonetic
    I don't think the bar over the letter, which indicates a 'long' sound of the vowel, is really even part of the English language. It's just a pronunciation guide, and thus, as JAnsderson said, it won't be on the keyboard, even with the subletter function via the 'Alt' key.
    (sorry for the redundant data - I had started the reply earlier in the day - wich would have put the post at about #3 in the thread - and then completed it, and voila - # 10 or whatever.)
    Last edited by nrosser; 02/11/2005 at 10:52 PM. Reason: delayed post
    Quote Originally Posted by lulugirl896
    Otherwise it would be a 'tray-o'!

Don't laugh! Until very recently, I thought it WAS a tray-o, and that was even after I had owned one for awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I meant:
    treeeeeeeeeeeo

is missing an e
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I believe it's not an accent but the phonetic spelling as in a long eeeeee

treeeeeeeeeeeo
    Yes, I believe it's called a macron. And for those of you old enough to remember grafitti, you could enter accent marks, but not this one, I believe.
    I think a combination of 'option' key and e will get it...I remember reading it in the manual...don't have it handy but you can download the pdf from palm
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    Yeah, with the alt key after an E, the best you can get is an accented e, or an e with two dots above it... That woulda been cute if they put in a e with the bar as an alternate character.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Yeah, with the alt key after an E, the best you can get is an accented e, or an e with two dots above it... That woulda been cute if they put in a e with the bar as an alternate character.
    Right that was my whole point with my initial post. If they are going use funky non-standard lettering/accents/etc in their product name, it would have been nice to add it as an "alt-e" option.

Not a big deal, didn't expect so many people to respond...
    Not sure if the bar on the e is for "é" but phonetically, tréo means "very high" in French.
    Which I'm sure the developers were when they were beta testing these things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Which I'm sure the developers were when they were beta testing these things.
    LOL