Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Unfortunately it is not complete hogwash. See my reply above. I was able to use TZones only for almost 18 months, before it all of a sudden stop working for general browsing.

TZones can now only (or should only be able) to access specific TMobile TZone web sites.
    that's true here in LA. that's why I switched to the internet plan. t-zones only gives email and access to certain websites. still, 20 bucks for all you can eat isn't too bad.
    i think there's a setting you can add in blazer that get's around this. i remember reading it in the 600 forum back when i still was using one. i currently have a t-mobile demo line with 10mb of internet access with email, but i swore that it was 10mb of t-zones and not the data that would typically be applied to devices such as the sidekick.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    I guess I'm just lucky... I used to have the $20/mo T-Mobile Internet plan. When everyone thought they were offering Internet + Hotspot for $20/mo, I switched to that, and then just cancelled it when they made it clear it would actually be $40/mo.

Since then, I have been using T-Zones with no charge on my bill for it, and have open access to all ports.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan
    I guess I'm just lucky... I used to have the $20/mo T-Mobile Internet plan. When everyone thought they were offering Internet + Hotspot for $20/mo, I switched to that, and then just cancelled it when they made it clear it would actually be $40/mo.

Since then, I have been using T-Zones with no charge on my bill for it, and have open access to all ports.
    see that's what i mean. while you did at one point have the internet + hotspot package, i highly doubt that it in anyway affected, or in your opinion, enhanced, your ability to now browse with t-zones using your treo, as you yourself said that you cancelled it out.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by paris
    I don't know if this helps anyone or not, but I just checked the config on my Nokia 3650...it's wap.voicestream.com not wap.myvoicestream.com

...still waiting for my 650 so I can't test if it will still work when I switch sims...I have the tzones plan but at $2.99 not $4.99 (grandfathered)
    I tried that, too, but it didn't work. Just got a timeout error message. Damn, I really like that site since it was very easy and quick to get CNN news...looks like I'll have to find some other channel - any suggestions/recommendations?
    Please read my previous post. You can use T-Zones for data access, that is different from accessing the T-Zones wap site. YOU CAN'T DO THIS ON A TREO. It's always been like this. Read below on how to come close.

Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    With a Treo, you can access other wap sites but not T-Zones. You can come close by going to my.t-mobile.com/pda/. You can can login and then go to T-Zones settings and get access to your T-Zones favorites. But it takes time and you have to login every time. I've done this on the Treo 270 and the Treo 600. It's the only way to get close. I'll get my 650 tomorrow but I expect it to be the same.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12