1.    #1  
    is there any way to remove unwanted applications from the 650's ROM to free up more of the precious internal memory? i really see no reason to have things like Quick Tour, Xpress mail, Realplayer, Calendar, Contacts eating up space when they aren't used at all... especially when there are better third-party solutions available...

is this possible? and more importantly, is it *safe*..?
    I beleive that will take a custom ROM image like the ones Shadowmite was able to create for the Spring T650's. Give him a little time and I'm sure we'll have a proceedure soon enough.

Is it safe? Couldn't tell ya.

Will that keep me from trying it? Hells no.
    Unlocked P1 T650 + 12" Powerbook + Scion xA = Happiness
    There is no way to "remove" applications from ROM only. You need to flash your ROM with only those applications that you want onto it. This requires a ROM tool and ROM image of the apps that you want. If you have the CDMA Sprint version, then got to www.shadowmite.com. If you have the GSM version, you and I will have to wait until someone comes up with some ROM images to use for the GSM phone.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I do not think a new ROM flashing utility is required just because the phone is GSM. Shadowmite's should still work, but a GSM ROM image is probably required. I could be completely off on this part though.
    First, look through the forums here for info on shadowmite's rom patches. Yes, you can remove apps from ROM, although it's not necessarily something for the faint of heart.

Unfortunately, removing apps from ROM does nothing to free up RAM, which is what you really need, unless you create a custom ROM with some of your normal RAM apps moved to ROM. That's REALLY not for the faint of heart.

A simpler, safer way is to buy something like ZLauncher or PowerRun and move some of your apps to the SD card.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    First, look through the forums here for info on shadowmite's rom patches. Yes, you can remove apps from ROM, although it's not necessarily something for the faint of heart.

Unfortunately, removing apps from ROM does nothing to free up RAM, which is what you really need, unless you create a custom ROM with some of your normal RAM apps moved to ROM. That's REALLY not for the faint of heart.

A simpler, safer way is to buy something like ZLauncher or PowerRun and move some of your apps to the SD card.
    once the apps in question have been moved to the sd, can it then be removed permanently from the treo?
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
  6.    #6  
    ah, i will start experimenting w/ moving apps to the SD card then, i assume some apps work better than others executed from the SD card, yes?

i'll try powerRun tonight, not very fond of Zlaunchers looks to be honest... thx all..!