1.    #1  
    I want to get a Treo 650 and trying decide between going with Spring or Cingular. I live in Manhattan, NY. And I would like to have a fast and cheap data plan.

Thanks!
    i would say sprint. The phone is cheaper, data plan is cheaper, voice plan is comparable. Data speed is about the same. With cingular you have the whole speaker buzzing thing because its tdma.. And after moving from tmobile to cingular, I can see the effects of having 46 million people on your network.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I have Sprint and have no issues, Not saying Cingular does. But on my end Sprint is keeping me happy
    Quote Originally Posted by JAnderson
    But on my end Sprint is keeping me happy
    Same here.

-Sabrina
    If you can wait a few more days, you can find out from the unlocked users on T-mobile if their service is any good. I know T-mobile has the 19.99 unlimited data and best cost per minute rate plans of all the GSM providers.
    We are all dead, we just don't know it yet.
    Using Sprint in the city (Financial District), having no problems whatsoever with either reception or with Vision.

Oh, and if you ever go snowboarding to Hunter Mountain, PCS vision there(and on the way there) has 4 bars
    First, make sure your neighbors at home and your co-workers at work/school can get good Sprint service. If so, go with Sprint, because:

1. Cheap data plan - fast speed
    2. Decent voice plan
    3. Insurance on the Treo for 5 bucks a month

With Cingular, the date spead may be about the same, but more expensive. Also, Cingular doesn't have insurance.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    The fact that I cannot receive calls while using data is a big problem on sprint. I also like the fact I can pop my sim into my Moto v600 GSM phone when I don't want to carry the $600 phone around. GSM all the way for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by richard371
    The fact that I cannot receive calls while using data is a big problem on sprint. I also like the fact I can pop my sim into my Moto v600 GSM phone when I don't want to carry the $600 phone around. GSM all the way for me.
    Umm and who told you you'll be able to receive calls using data with Cingular? Very very very few GSM phones support that capability with Edge.
    And, while we are on data=voice->voicemail subject you have to be using data actively for the calls to reroute voicemail. In other words you can chat on AIM perfectly fine while accepting voice calls for instance, as long as UDP diagram transmissions don't co-incede with voice requests exactly.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    The fact that I cannot receive calls while using data is a big problem on sprint.
    If you do a bit of searching you'll see numerous posts from GSM 650 users who are also reporting that calls don't come through during active data downloads/uploads.
    Im calling in on my phone several times while chatting on aim etc and it works fine. Im not saying it will ever miss a call. The main thing for me is there are times when I dont' want to carry the thing around and just use my moto v600. This feature alone will keep me on GSM.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    How are you chatting on AIM? Are you using an IM client like Verichat or just through the web? -just curious.
    No arguments about the SIM card. I'd love to have that convenience.
    Im using Verichat data only no sms. Calls come through fine. Maybe they do on Sprint too. I don't know.