1.    #1  
    I just purchased a 1GB SD card and put it into my Treo 650. I use Goodlink software to access my email and I backed up Goodlink to the SD card. Periodically, my Treo now brings up a message requireing that I enter my "Goodlink Recovery Passcode". Once I do that it brings up a message saying "Some required Goodlink applications or databases are missing on the handheld. Do you wish to reinstall Goodlink?" I cancelled out of it a few times and then finally gave in and said ok. It went through a process and I guess it reinstalled it, but now the same message keeps popping up. I did not have this problem before putting the SD card in.

this brings up the question : is treo 650 compatible with 1GB SD cards?

i would like to know this answer please before purchasing a 1 GB card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanco
    this brings up the question : is treo 650 compatible with 1GB SD cards?

i would like to know this answer please before purchasing a 1 GB card.
    It is...there are many users here using them (myself and my wife included)

to the first poster...no clue sorry
    I don't know anything about the problem above, but yes, the Treo works fine with 1GB SD cards.
    When you say "backup Goodlink to SD card", what does that mean? Did you move the files, copy them, or install the app on the card? Are you running Goodlink from ram or from the card?
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    thanks guys...
    and should i go for Secure Digital or San Disk or something else?
    I had a directory mysteriously erase itself on my 1 GIG SD card....which wouldn't have been too bad except that was the directory where all my applications were.

I was able to reinstall them but not until I got home that night.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    When you say "backup Goodlink to SD card", what does that mean? Did you move the files, copy them, or install the app on the card? Are you running Goodlink from ram or from the card?
    The only thing I did was backup Goodlink to the SD card. I believe I am running Goodlink from ram.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtackett2
    The only thing I did was backup Goodlink to the SD card. I believe I am running Goodlink from ram.
    I would remove Goodlink from both the card AND ram, soft reset and reinstall it to see if you get the same problem. It may be getting confused by seeing two copies of the file or something. Did you copy Goodlink to the card, or did you use a backup program? If you use BackupBuddyVFS, it will backup either specific files or the entire contents of RAM onto your card, and it does so in a folder that Palm wouldn't recognize to contain software.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    I would remove Goodlink from both the card AND ram, soft reset and reinstall it to see if you get the same problem. It may be getting confused by seeing two copies of the file or something. Did you copy Goodlink to the card, or did you use a backup program? If you use BackupBuddyVFS, it will backup either specific files or the entire contents of RAM onto your card, and it does so in a folder that Palm wouldn't recognize to contain software.
    When I put in the SD card, it asked at some point if I wanted to backup Goodlink and I said yes, so I'm not sure what backup program was used. Thanks for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanco
    thanks guys...
    and should i go for Secure Digital or San Disk or something else?
    I'm using a 1 GB Lexar Media SD card with no problems. I haven't seen any postings that indicate that one SD card is especially better than another. I'd stick with known brand names for safety, but beyond that, shop price. Shopping around online should yield some excellent bargains.
  12. gaf
    Can I transfer my data from my Palm M130 (PalmOS 4) to my new Treo650 (Palm OS 5).
    (I am currently unable to sync my Treo with Linux, so in the mean time, I thought of using an SD card to keep them somewhat synced until I get Linux sync working).